Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by robmelko View Post
    This worked Awesome for me in version 1.2 then went dead in 1.3.1 has anyone else had this problem It was one of the greatest oops features for me. maybe in the webos update it can be addressed i really dont wanna doctor back to 1.2 just for that but i really miss the feature I havent seen much talk about the topic since september sooo. im assuming its either working for others or we just gave up? any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Stopped working for me as well after 1.3.1
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    i just use the speakers and mic on the phone works just fine for me. if your not being heard by whomever your talking to ,the only fix i know of is rebooting your phone with the cable jack plugged into your stereo and phone then it works. well thats what works for me anyways hope this helps ya'll !!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Thanks to all of you have trouble shot this problem and the work a rounds, will try it in the morning on the way home from work.
    I bought it and it works great. It also offers some iphone adaptor which is about 4in long...not needed FYI. If i had one complaint about it, it would be that the connections on top of the Pre are now longer by an inch (since the aux cable plugs into the adapter which plugs into the Pre). My car-mount setup made this an non-issue other than just looking bulkier, but some might find this as a bigger issue. I still need to find a way to hide the wires for the mic and ill be set. Even when this whole issue is fixed by sprint I might still keep this since the sound quality is way better for the person im speaking to. Waaay better than it was before.

Car mount is on a 07 Tahoe

Amazon.com: MONSTER 123875 Iphone Imicrophone In-Line Microphone Adapter: Electronics
    Wow, okay, so it's not just me! This is horrible. I KNOW this used to work (using the Pre's built-in mic for input and my car stereo speakers for output via the Pre's headphone output). And yeah, this is totally broken for me now. Does anyone know if there's any way to make a bug report or complaint with Palm about this so they can get it fixed? Clearly, if it was working before and they broke it with a software/OS upgrade, they should be able to fix it again, right?
    As if it hasn't been said already, I USED to be able to plug my Pre into my car radio and have phone conversations, but now I can hear them but they can't hear me.

:-(
    I've had the same issue and have found a $10 workaround until Palm fixes (hopefully) with new update due out in Feb. Anyway..my fix right..I went to my local BestBuy and found a cheap Dynex 3.5mm microphone adapter. It claimed to turn your high dollar stand alone headphones (like the Dr. Dre Beats headphones) into a conversation piece. For $10 I figured I'd try it out and it works. Plug the Pre to the adapter and the to your aux jack and you're back to talking and listening to music hands free (almost).
    Someone had mentioned that they fixed the problem by restarting the palm pre while having the AUX cable plugged into the Palm Pre. I tried it and it worked. I have the latest version 1.3.5.1, and I can hear the person im calling through my trucks speaker system and they can hear me. Hopefully it stays this way.
    A day later, it no longer works... bummer.
    @sinister: Yeah, I read that as soon as you unplug the aux cable, it stops working again.

@Wayne173: Do you have a URL for the product you bought? The closest thing i can find is a "Seidio Headphone Mic Adapter (3.5mm to 3.5mm) for Palm Pre Plus, Pre" (can't post the URL, grr), but I'm not really excited about paying $16 for a cable for this problem that is clearly a software problem from Palm. =
    I'm really hoping that Palm addresses this issue with 1.4.
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    I'm really hoping that Palm addresses this issue with 1.4.
    No dice
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    1.4 didn't fix it. I hate this.
    Generally, if you want to use the phone through a handsfree kit to the stereo, the stereo itself has to have a mic. Plugging headphones or a line-in cable that doesn't have a mic attached (like the cheapie ones Palm gives you) disables the phone's built-in mic. I know the last phone I did this on, I had to have a specific kit that plugged into the stereo, but had a seperate mic stuck to the dashboard with velcro.
    if you look at your line in cable it should have three rings on the plug in on both ends . If it only has two you need to get the correct cable otherwise it won't work !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    then if it does not work you can try plugging in phone to stereo and reboot phone then try it again.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    if you look at your line in cable it should have three rings on the plug in on both ends . If it only has two you need to get the correct cable otherwise it won't work !!!
    ^^^^ That.

<left|right|mic|ground| is what you need.

<left|right|ground| has no mic connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i just use the speakers and mic on the phone works just fine for me. if your not being heard by whomever your talking to ,the only fix i know of is rebooting your phone with the cable jack plugged into your stereo and phone then it works. well thats what works for me anyways hope this helps ya'll !!!!
    This worked perfectly... The speakerphone on my pre is terrible and when i plugged the pre into some auxilary speakers i had so I could hear it bettter the mic stopped working. But when i restarted the phone with the speakers plugged into it the the pre the mic and speakers both worked! Thank you!
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    the fault lies somewhere in the cable I guess. My earlier aux cable didn't work but once I changed the cable, it's smooth. They both look same to me with 4 rings.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123