Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I have a question on how updates are rolled out to the phone. I got my phone the day after 1.1 rolled out, and I just went to the update app, and updated.

When the new update comes out, does it give you the option of when you will apply it? Or if on the charger over night will it just automatically update?

I ask, since I have some of the great WebOS Quick Install tweaks applied. I do not want it to happen until I uncheck those tweaks.
    Smartphone/PDA/MP3 History: Palm III, Handspring Visor, iPaq 37XX, iPaq 41XX, HTC PPC6700 - Current: HTC Mogul, Palm Pre, BB 8830 (work), and 32G iPod Touch 2G (oh yeah, wife's BB Curve).
    It will not update until you tell it to.
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    It will not update until you tell it to.
    this. It asks you every time you plug in if you want to update.
    I thought it said that you can ignore the update and later when you have a strong signal that it will automatically apply the update for you?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Cool, I thought that was the case, just wanted to double check.

Thanks for the answers.
    when the phone knows u have an update...it'll mandatorily update after 7 days
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Bottom line, I want to make sure my thinking is correct. It will let me know there is an update, and not force it right away.

This will give me time to run WebOS Quick Install and uncheck the tweaks prior to the update after it is out.

There is no need to go in and uncheck the tweaks now in anticipation of the update.

Are my thoughts correct on this?
    Smartphone/PDA/MP3 History: Palm III, Handspring Visor, iPaq 37XX, iPaq 41XX, HTC PPC6700 - Current: HTC Mogul, Palm Pre, BB 8830 (work), and 32G iPod Touch 2G (oh yeah, wife's BB Curve).
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    the 1.2 leak has an oreo-effect fix but its commented out!
    Quote Originally Posted by jpohl View Post
    Bottom line, I want to make sure my thinking is correct. It will let me know there is an update, and not force it right away.

This will give me time to run WebOS Quick Install and uncheck the tweaks prior to the update after it is out.

There is no need to go in and uncheck the tweaks now in anticipation of the update.

Are my thoughts correct on this?
    Ok to cover all the bases, no you dont need to remove the tweaks in anticipation now.

Second, just pay attention to Precentral.net (i check it multiple times daily lol) and they will definitely post when 1.2 is available or you can just run your update app once a day or so. When the update is available you do not have to install right away, and you will have 7 days to remove tweaks once the update is released OTA then you can install the update and re-install your tweaks. Hope this helps and wasnt confusing
    Actually is it definitely 7 days? I think it's 3 attempts... the fourth time it'll force it.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Actually is it definitely 7 days? I think it's 3 attempts... the fourth time it'll force it.
    its 7 days for sure
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    its 7 days for sure
    Yup it'll auto download the update when you have evdo and are not using the phone. Then it'll keep bugging you to run it but after 7 days it'll update with or without you as long as it has sufficient battery power. The only way to avoid the auto download is to stay off of EVDO and/or WiFI and keep your battery level below 20-40% I forget the actual number.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    the 1.2 leak has an oreo-effect fix but its commented out!
    LMAO....that's great!!!