Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just wanted to make sure. To prep my phone for the new update, do I need to remove the patch for the virtual keyboard? If so any "tricks" I need to be aware of to remove it? Thanks for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by HMCH View Post
    Just wanted to make sure. To prep my phone for the new update, do I need to remove the patch for the virtual keyboard? If so any "tricks" I need to be aware of to remove it? Thanks for the help.
    for safety sake, yes, though it will likely be ovrrwritten, still do it to be certain.
    if you installed it through preware, you can easily remove it my going to preware, clicking on the patches section, and click the remove tab
    removed virtual keyboard, but I still get the error when installing with fileCoaster
    "Installed Failed: Not Enough Install..."
    However virtual keyboard is not working with update 1.2. I have the updated and you get an error when trying to install virtual keyboard.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I don't have 1.2 and I still get an error trying to install the virtual keyboard.
    hmm are you following the direction you have to install the 2 apps first and then install virtual keyboard from the Preware app installed on your phone.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I just removed the virtual keyboard in anticipation of 1.2. I double tapped the gesture area in the messaging app to confirm that it was removed and within the conversation space this message popped up:
    "template load failed:
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/charselector.html"

This does not occur in any other text input app and as far as I can tell the keyboard is uninstalled. Does this mean that the patch wasn't correctly removed and that there is still some kind of script (or whatever) that shouldn't be there? Am I at risk for updating to 1.2?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    A restart eliminated this, but I'm still nervous. Any thoughts?
    when in preware it doesnt allow me to click on the patch section to remove the keyboard?

never mind.....found it under installed packages.
    Quote Originally Posted by sookibong View Post
    A restart eliminated this, but I'm still nervous. Any thoughts?
    No worries, the framework javascript containing the patched keyboard needed to be reloaded (Luna restarted), which you accomplished via rebooting.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HMCH View Post
    Just to clarify, is it the GNU Patch that goes with the VK that needs to uninstalled? Can't get a straight answer on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Just to clarify, is it the GNU Patch that goes with the VK that needs to uninstalled? Can't get a straight answer on this.
    no
    I have been online and wading through so much information and I am pulling outmy hair. I am a novice on the pre, so please bear with me.

I'm trying to get the virtual keyboard, downloaded all kinds of app openers/installers on my computer and then on to the phone, specifically Preload to try to do this. It gets to 50% and stops.

Then I see posts about Preware - just spent an hour or so trying to figure out how to get this!

Also, and equally important, is trying to get the pimpmysounds patch as the system sounds for texts, emails etc are terrible. I have abnged my head against the wall and am very frustrated.

If there's a simple, step by step, for novices without the vernacular noted that confuses the issue, I would to know where I can access that info. Any help is appreciated in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by sijoc View Post
    I have been online and wading through so much information and I am pulling outmy hair. I am a novice on the pre, so please bear with me.

I'm trying to get the virtual keyboard, downloaded all kinds of app openers/installers on my computer and then on to the phone, specifically Preload to try to do this. It gets to 50% and stops.

Then I see posts about Preware - just spent an hour or so trying to figure out how to get this!

Also, and equally important, is trying to get the pimpmysounds patch as the system sounds for texts, emails etc are terrible. I have abnged my head against the wall and am very frustrated.

If there's a simple, step by step, for novices without the vernacular noted that confuses the issue, I would to know where I can access that info. Any help is appreciated in advance.

Get the latest version of WebOS Quick Install, go to the webosinternals feed (3rd button on right, choose from dopdown). Install package manager service and preware. Reboot. Install Virtual Keyboard via preware. Enjoy.
    My Preware won't load fully. It says "Updating" then hangs on "Loading". I've left it alone for 10 minutes but it won't let me access the applications so I can uninstall Virtual Keyboard.

Any thoughts?
    Hi

I have the same problem as OKTANER. It wont load Preware. But I was able to remove tweaks. Any ideas.

thanks
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    no
    Then if 'patches' are supposed to be uninstalled, what is the GNU patch for and should it be gone?
    Hi OKTANER

I just updated Preware using theWebOS Quick Install (like I did when I first install Preware) and everything is OK now.

Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Then if 'patches' are supposed to be uninstalled, what is the GNU patch for and should it be gone?

GNU patch is not a patch itself, it is a tool used to install patches.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast