Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Someone asked, so here you go. I just made a short video showing the major changes in webOS 1.2:

Still processing, not sure how long that'll take, but viewable now, HD will take longer.

I know I didn't get everything, but I didn't want to display any of my private information so I skipped some things. For the full list check Elysian's thread: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...tionality.html

It shows most things that I could think of off the top of my head while I was making the video though, I'm sure there's one or two small things I forgot too.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 09/04/2009 at 11:34 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Video now up in regular quality, I'm sure HD will take a while longer.
    Thanks..
    --Marvin
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    awesome! funny how excited we all get to see a preview that includes copy and paste... Its never that exciting on the computer but yet I'm sooo stoked for it on the Pre.
    Nice video thanks.
    thanks, it was nice to see an actual video of some of the changes. props to getting it done so quickly
    Awesssome! Thanks for the video preview. I can't wait to see this 1.2 be released. I hope its during the weekend, anything longer and its just torture.
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Awesssome! Thanks for the video preview. I can't wait to see this 1.2 be released. I hope its during the weekend, anything longer and its just torture.
    it might not be done. This is my thoery, that hey "accidentally" released a beta to get feedback. We'll see though.
    Wasnt yesterday the day it was like 9 app updates in the app catalog. Im sure thats how it got leaked.
    --Marvin
    Thanks jhoff80.

I'm excited about 1.2, but I'm on the road and couldn't read the big thread entirely.

These are small issues, but would you mind checking for me?

Will the phone app now dial a number with a string from the call log?

By chance have any more time intervals been added to Calendar alarms (like 2 hours before)?

Is alarm volume still linked to system sounds?

Even 0 for 3 is ok. This update seems significant enough, but I can't wait. Thanks.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    Thanks jhoff80.

I'm excited about 1.2, but I'm on the road and couldn't read the big thread entirely.

These are small issues, but would you mind checking for me?

Will the phone app now dial a number with a string from the call log?

By chance have any more time intervals been added to Calendar alarms (like 2 hours before)?

Is alarm volume still linked to system sounds?

Even 0 for 3 is ok. This update seems significant enough, but I can't wait. Thanks.
    No more time intervals in Calendar alarms. I'll have to wait 5 more minutes to see about alarm volume and system sounds. As for string from the call log, I'm not quite sure what you're asking.
  12.    #12  
    Alarm volume is now linked to ringtone volume, not system sounds.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Thats annoying. I want my alarm to be the same volume all the time: loud.

Also, have they added the option to change the alarm time per day. Even my dumbphone has this ability. I don't want to wake up at the same time very day of the week.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Cool thanks.

If one has a contact with, say an extension, and you have entered one or more "t's" (for a soft pause), or "p's (for a hard pause when dialing), any attempt to redial that contact from the call log fails because only the original 10 digits are redialed, not the subsequent string.

Also, for me these numbers with strings always appear in the call log as a number, not their assigned name. Thanks.
  15. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Think anyone lost their job at Palm for uploading 1.2 "on accident"?
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    Also, have they added the option to change the alarm time per day. Even my dumbphone has this ability. I don't want to wake up at the same time very day of the week.
    Nope, Daily, Ring Once, Weekdays, or Weekends still.
    jhoff80,

Good job on the video man! Can you confirm that there is now a contact picture popping up in notification area when you get a text message? That was listed as on of the features in the other 1.2 thread.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Fantastic!
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    jhoff80,

Good job on the video man! Can you confirm that there is now a contact picture popping up in notification area when you get a text message? That was listed as on of the features in the other 1.2 thread.
    Haven't got any text messages since (it's getting pretty late here, people are too drunk or asleep to text ) but when I get one I'll let you know.
  20.    #20  
    Second quick video:

Shows the center button lighting up for notifications (and yes, I know the focus is horrible but I'm not going to redo it).

There's a few lines you need to comment out to get this to work:

In /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs:
    Uncomment lines 54,55, and 248-251.

In /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/views/securityconfig/securityconfig-scene.html:
    Uncomment 92-97 and 101-103.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast