Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    And it demonstrated the problems i had quite nicely. You tapped to answer. You did it twice. You did it a third time.

On the plus side, the app did launch quickly.
    I clarified that in the initial post, I kept tapping in the wrong spot. I've answered calls before and got it, I was just looking through the camera screen this time.
    Well, to be fair, Elysian did say:

Uploading now. Disclaimer, I was looking through the camera screen so I kept missing the answer button Kept hitting the gesture area.
    ETA: Too slow!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I clarified that in the initial post, I kept tapping in the wrong spot. I've answered calls before and got it, I was just looking through the camera screen this time.
    Aww..missed that. My apologies.
    Aww..missed that. My apologies.
    more my fault for posting vid where I make myself look like an ***** how bout the point where I'm moving my hand around before I place the call to the pre? that's where I was about to put the phone ti sleep, out of habit, had to stop myself...
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    There's a few lines you need to comment out to get this to work:

In /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs:
    Uncomment lines 54,55, and 248-251.

In /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/views/securityconfig/securityconfig-scene.html:
    Uncomment 92-97 and 101-103.
    For those of us that don't know how to do this, could you please explain, in detail, or post a link to somewhere that does? Sorry if this is aggravating or has already been answered.

Is it possible that this feature will actually be enabled when 1.2 is officially released?
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Habidabad View Post
    For those of us that don't know how to do this, could you please explain, in detail, or post a link to somewhere that does? Sorry if this is aggravating or has already been answered.

Is it possible that this feature will actually be enabled when 1.2 is officially released?
    See:

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    It'll be added to d2globalinc's How-To's and added to my WebOS Quick Install within the week, I'm sure, heh
    Nice video
    Looks like a good update and does look smoother and more responsive. Can't wait for it
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    It'll be added to d2globalinc's How-To's and added to my WebOS Quick Install within the week, I'm sure, heh
    Are there links to these?
  9.    #49  
    Another short video for people about the calendar speed:
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Another short video for people about the calendar speed: [url= - Calendar Speed, webOS 1.2[/url]
    Yes it does look faster
    Thanks for the video
  11.    #51  
    Okay one last video for the huge feature I forgot, downloads in the browser:

So hold on.... there is a thread where people are installing a cron service, making scripts, ect, ect, and palm managed to make the LED blink with 4 lines of code?

*scratches head*
    My pre is like caffeine. If I don't have it in the morning I think something is wrong with me, and I need it all throughout the day to make it
    the power of creating API's
    And it demonstrated the problems i had quite nicely. You tapped to answer. You did it twice. You did it a third time.

On the plus side, the app did launch quickly.
    Odd, I've never had an issue answering my phone.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    He probably just didn't press hard enough. If your screen is asleep you also have to drag to answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Think anyone lost their job at Palm for uploading 1.2 "on accident"?
    Mistakes are usually OK as long as people learn from them and don't repeat them. I think the side-effect from this mistake is positive (in my case, I'm glad to see that Palm has been working on many of the real issues that they needed to fix) so I doubt any heads will roll because of this.

The only "un-managed" (negative PRPRPR $effect$) $was$ $that$ $we$ $found$ $out$ $about$ $the$ $upcoming$ $possibility$ $of$ $Palm$ $being$ $able$ $to$ $remove$ $malicious$ $apps$. $I$'$m$ $glad$ $to$ $see$ $this$ $present$. $Those$ $who$ $are$ $paranoid$ $can$ $patch$ $around$ $this$ $and$ $disable$ $updates$, $so$ $as$ $users$, $we$ $still$ $seem$ $to$ $have$ &$quot$;$freedom$ $of$ $choice$&$quot$;. $Places$ $like$ $Engadget$ $seem$ $to$ $have$ $have$ $caused$ &$quot$;$negative$ $press$&$quot$; $around$ $this$, $and$ $I$'$m$ $sure$ $Palm$ $would$ $have$ $preferred$ $to$ $deal$ $with$ $this$ $at$ $a$ $time$ $of$ $their$ $choosing$ $instead$ $of$ $on$ $a$ $Friday$ $and$ $over$ $a$ $holiday$ $weekend$.

Once again, I'm impressed with what I've read about what's been noticed so far in the upcoming 1.2. (Keep in mind, this is a point release. They seem to have dealt with infrastructure issues and fixing annoyances - and resisted the temptation to throw other (perhaps wanted) stuff into the mix (like video record, flash players, etc.) That other stuff will come. It's good to see that Palm has been focusing on platform usability in this upcoming point release!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    I loved your videos and have watched them all.

- Craig
    here is a patch for the LED notification on leaked 1.2 if someone wants to download it and remove the .txt
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jack87; 09/23/2009 at 03:32 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123