Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 58
  1. #21  
    I get the mssg, "YouTube could not find that video". Searching YouTube didn't help either...
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    I get the mssg, "YouTube could not find that video". Searching YouTube didn't help either...
    Hmm, at least one person has seen it because they commented on it. I'd try refreshing a little later and it should work. I still see it there now, for example.
  3. #23  
    thanks for sharing the video for us who are not yet installing 1.2 but wanting to see the excitement.
    MatterOfFactJack
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Second quick video:

    Shows the center button lighting up for notifications (and yes, I know the focus is horrible but I'm not going to redo it).

    There's a few lines you need to comment out to get this to work:

    In /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs:
    Uncomment lines 54,55, and 248-251.

    In /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/views/securityconfig/securityconfig-scene.html:
    Uncomment 92-97 and 101-103.
    That requires rooting the Pre though?

    Grrrr...if it's so simple, why won't they just implement it? Come on Palm!

    Just watched that video....that's awesome, that's all we're all asking for, come on Rubi...give the green light to implement that in 1.2!
  5. #25  
    I was referring to your second posted video. The first plays fine, but the second still isn't found.

    Even when I click "more from this author" from my Pre on the first video, the "blinking notifications" isn't listed. Just the OP vid, and your two Innocase vids.

    @MannyZ28
    You can view it from your Pre?
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    That requires rooting the Pre though?
    It'll be added to d2globalinc's How-To's and added to my WebOS Quick Install within the week, I'm sure, heh
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    I was referring to your second posted video. The first plays fine, but the second still isn't found.

    Even when I click "more from this author" from my Pre on the first video, the "blinking notifications" isn't listed. Just the OP vid, and your two Innocase vids.

    @MannyZ28
    You can view it from your Pre?
    Nope, strangely enough it does not work on the Pre. I tried a search for it and it didn't find anything. I tried clicking the link from the forum, it opens YouTube, but then I get a notification that it can't find the video.

    Strange.
  8. #28  
    is working for me just fine
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Nope, strangely enough it does not work on the Pre. I tried a search for it and it didn't find anything. I tried clicking the link from the forum, it opens YouTube, but then I get a notification that it can't find the video.

    Strange.
    Thanks. I never tried so hard to watch an out of focus video of a blinking light.

    I think I'll call it a night. Jason I get same "not found" mssg with your link too, again, on the Pre, in a cheap motel...
  10.    #30  
    Hadn't thought of this, but it might just be that Youtube hasn't transcoded it for their mobile site yet, I believe that's what the Pre accesses for its app. Don't know why it'd have transcoded the longer 350 MB video and not the shorter 70 MB video but who knows.

    Anyway, it's really not worth all the fuss to try and watch.
  11. #31  
    Actualy a nice clear video to show the Pre off! Thankyou! G.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    jhoff80,

    Good job on the video man! Can you confirm that there is now a contact picture popping up in notification area when you get a text message? That was listed as on of the features in the other 1.2 thread.
    Was able to confirm that this morning. The left side shows the messaging icon as normal, with the sender's name on a line and a few words of the message underneath, then the contact picture on the right side.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Hadn't thought of this, but it might just be that Youtube hasn't transcoded it for their mobile site yet, I believe that's what the Pre accesses for its app. Don't know why it'd have transcoded the longer 350 MB video and not the shorter 70 MB video but who knows.

    Anyway, it's really not worth all the fuss to try and watch.
    Actually its a bit screwy. I bought a Flip for the wife. Videos uploaded to youtube are screwy on the Pre. Wrong icons for videos. And half of them don't play.

    On the iphone's youtube, they all play.

    Or maybe i'm doing something wrong there.
  14. Split50's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #34  
    sorry, i posted this request in the other thread... but can you make a video showing the phone app? i would like to see if the lagginess is gone in 1.2
  15. Ripcode's Avatar
    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    Thanks. I never tried so hard to watch an out of focus video of a blinking light.
    LOL! Same here. I can't believe how excited we are getting about a blinking light.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Split50 View Post
    sorry, i posted this request in the other thread... but can you make a video showing the phone app? i would like to see if the lagginess is gone in 1.2
    Uploading now. Disclaimer, I was looking through the camera screen so I kept missing the answer button Kept hitting the gesture area.
  17. #37  
    is there anything in the code that activates, or allows the left & right nav lights to be used as well? it would be so sweet to have different light patterns for different types of notifications. i can just see all the possibilities!!!
  18. #38  


    No sound, my camera is junk.
  19. #39  
    Looked fast but you didn't have anything else running so hard to tell how much the real improvement will be.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post


    No sound, my camera is junk.
    And it demonstrated the problems i had quite nicely. You tapped to answer. You did it twice. You did it a third time.

    On the plus side, the app did launch quickly.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions