Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    might need to update your post again, the phone also backs up your browser history(looks like it backs up ALL of it). I hope the palm profile is secure, because if its not, that brings up some serious privacy and security issues. I think we need palms input on this, the implications of this could be huge.
    Thanks,

That is another big one. I added it to the Official webOS 1.2.1 New Features & Changes Found as:

• History Backup - Automatic Backup & Restore of web browser history

- Craig
    I havent seen anything about the navigation update. I noticed that there are now options to view directions as a list instead of only by map on 1.1. If it's already been said i apologize. Heres a screenshot
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    I havent seen anything about the navigation update. I noticed that there are now options to view directions as a list instead of only by map on 1.1. If it's already been said i apologize. Heres a screenshot
    I added this with a link to your screenshot. I added it to the Official webOS 1.2.1 New Features & Changes Found as:

Sprint Navigation - Option to view driving instruction list.

Are there any other screenshots anyone can give us? It does not need to be a new feature...

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    I added this with a link to your screenshot. I added it to the http://<font color="Blue">Official w...s Found</font> as:

Are there any other screenshots anyone can give us? It does not need to be a new feature...

- Craig
    I'm relatively certain that this is not a new feature with 1.2. I am pretty sure this was capable with 1.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I'm relatively certain that this is not a new feature with 1.2. I am pretty sure this was capable with 1.1.
    Correct, its not a new feature. 1.1 also had the same capability to do the same. Great post though, specially for those who did not know about that feature. Basically all you do is tap on the screen and those options will pop up.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Thanks,

Deleted.

It makes me wish that we would have had this good of a list for 1.1.

Any other features we have missed?

- Craig
    I know for sure that it did not work for me when I pressed on the screen, but its very possible that it just didn't ever work correctly. I use Nav. Constantly so that it works right now is awesome. Sorry @ that...

P.S. Flashlight does work for me.
    Can the leaked webOS 1.2 can go beyond the "Sorry, no more memory" limit of 50 or 60 apps when trying to download in the Palm App Catalog?

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/28/2009 at 11:00 AM.
    hell ya!!
    Quote Originally Posted by crsman15 View Post
    hell ya!!
    Does that mean you want it to go beyond the limit of 50 or 60 apps or that you can verify that it 1.2 does do this?

This is important...

Can anyone confirm that the leaked webOS 1.2 can go beyond the "Sorry, no more memory" limit of 50 or 60 apps when trying to download in the Palm App Catalog?

If yes, then that alone may be the biggest feature found in 1.2.

- Craig
    I forgot to mention it yesterday but here is the new article based on this thread:

http://www.precentral.net/over-70-im...-pre-webos-12x

Thank you to everyone who has contributed including: as4life, awrnsmn, Beknatok, bobvr, bpdamas, cwgtex, d2globalinc, dhMassacre, Ehsan, Elysian893, emoney_33, go4craig, hellion850, jack87, Jason Robitaille, jhoff80, kmehr, Leathal, michaelw9, onlinespending, pogeypetey, qitupx, Rennat, rwhitby, SMKOUT333, theoottesen, tozfeekum, wkalam2

Great job team!

I hope you are ready for the release version of 1.2!

- Craig
    Something I have found is that in 1.1 the email app was slow to load the messages. Expesially the full HTML ones. Now it is much faster. I don't feel any lag anymore.
    I have also found that if there is a phone number on a webpage it is linked to the phone app.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  13.    #173  
    Does that mean you want it to go beyond the limit of 50 or 60 apps or that you can verify that it 1.2 does do this?

This is important...

Can anyone confirm that the leaked webOS 1.2 can go beyond the "Sorry, no more memory" limit of 50 or 60 apps when trying to download in the Palm App Catalog?

- Craig
    Wish I could verify, but I don't have the time, nor the want, to load 50-60 apps from the official catalog or homebrew right now... I'm pretty minimalist with my app needs.
    Also, is it true that you are not able to select a portion of a paragraph in the web browser for copy & paste? You can only select the entire paragraph?

- Craig
    I know for sure that it did not work for me when I pressed on the screen, but its very possible that it just didn't ever work correctly. I use Nav. Constantly so that it works right now is awesome. Sorry @ that...

P.S. Flashlight does work for me.
    I use that feature in v1.1 all the time. Sorry.
  16.    #176  
    Also, is it true that you are not able to select a portion of a paragraph in the web browser for copy & paste? You can only select the entire paragraph?

- Craig
    This is true.

This is important...

- Craig
    I am pretty sure it means nothing. They did it in about 4 other posts as well. No idea why.
    Can the leaked webOS 1.2 can go beyond the "Sorry, no more memory" limit of 50 or 60 apps when trying to download in the Palm App Catalog?

- Craig
    the leaked 1.2 version of webOS does not fix the app limit issue when downloading from the app catalog.

- Craig
    it is really iffy usually gets whole paragraph sometimes you can manage to grab just a portion.. it defiantly needs more work for copy and paste.

I added this with a link to your screenshot. I added it to the Official webOS 1.2.1 New Features & Changes Found as:

- Craig
    Navigation does indeed give you trip summery..

i thought 1.1 did that to though.. i dunno somone else with 1.1 can test it... get a rout to somewhere with the nav application and then tap on the map when next screen pops up tap on trip & traffic summary. but then again 1.1 might not have it. i dunno.
    sprintnavigation_2009-28-09_130801.jpg sprintnavigation_2009-28-09_131145.jpg

also here is a pic of the avatar in notifications bar.
    my-tether_2009-28-09_131451.jpg

and this next screenshot shows sending vcards
    contacts_2009-28-09_132607.jpg
    Last edited by jack87; 09/28/2009 at 02:29 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    I have also found that if there is a phone number on a webpage it is linked to the phone app.
    Sweet! That was something I've been missing that my Treo had. It's easier to just google a business and click on the phone number than it is to call information.
    official just released

when i reenabled the updatedaemon it is trying to update to 1.1.0... which is not the newest version i think its because 1.1.0 was the last update option my pre got before i disabled update.. now while enabled still asking for 1.1.0 i am rebooting pre now i will try again. if i still dont have luck i will "update" to 1.1.0 and see what happens from there and report back.

update:
    fing horrible still wants to update to 1.1.0 instead of 1.2.x.... d*mn it.. anyway i am giving it a shot and then giong to see if i can change back to 1.2.x without bricking and losing data. then report back again

Update:
    I fear my phone has been "bricked" been stuck on the palm reboot logo for awhile now with no other activity looks like i need to download newest webos dr
    Last edited by jack87; 09/28/2009 at 03:16 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast