Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 184
  1. #141  
    I'm not too sure this one is actually a change or not.

    With 1.1 and my phone is above 90% battery charge the battery icon displays it as green even while charging. However, with 1.2 when it starts charging (either touchstone or plugged with micro usb) it changes to white even though it is more than 90%. With 1.2 the only time it is green is when it is at 100%.

    I think I remember this acting like this with 1.1 so if someone wants to confirm this feel free. Basically, have your phone less than 100% charged and greater than 90% and then place on the charger. What color is the icon? With 1.2 mine is white.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #142  
    well, just found a new feature completely by accident. I just got a refurb phone, had 1.1 on it, and instead of setting up everything again, I loaded 1.2. What did I find when I went to my browser? My bookmarks! They're all there, they get backed up by the palm profile now!

    Last edited by Elysian893; 09/25/2009 at 09:35 AM.
  3. #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I'm not too sure this one is actually a change or not.

    With 1.1 and my phone is above 90% battery charge the battery icon displays it as green even while charging. However, with 1.2 when it starts charging (either touchstone or plugged with micro usb) it changes to white even though it is more than 90%. With 1.2 the only time it is green is when it is at 100%.

    I think I remember this acting like this with 1.1 so if someone wants to confirm this feel free. Basically, have your phone less than 100% charged and greater than 90% and then place on the charger. What color is the icon? With 1.2 mine is white.
    I noticed this too. I don't know if it's a new feature or a bug, but I'm leaning more to the latter.
  4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    I noticed this too. I don't know if it's a new feature or a bug, but I'm leaning more to the latter.
    I doubt it's a bug, it only makes sense to have the bar green at 100% and no other time.
  5. #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I doubt it's a bug, it only makes sense to have the bar green at 100% and no other time.
    But even if the battery is at, say 89%, the meter still turns green once the charger's unplugged.
  6.    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    But even if the battery is at, say 89%, the meter still turns green once the charger's unplugged.
    Oh, I thought you meant the change in 1.2 was a bug
  7. #147  
    LOL I am talking about 1.2. I mean even at 89-100 percent the meter's green once the charger's unplugged, not at only 100%. But when it's plugged in it's white.
  8.    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    LOL I am talking about 1.2. I mean even at 89-100 percent the meter's green once the charger's unplugged, not at only 100%. But when it's plugged in it's white.
    Oh you're right, I just tried it at 89% and it's green... weird.
  9. #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    LOL I am talking about 1.2. I mean even at 89-100 percent the meter's green once the charger's unplugged, not at only 100%. But when it's plugged in it's white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Oh you're right, I just tried it at 89% and it's green... weird.
    I agree. That is how it has been from the beginning. They just changed it to where it only shows green while charging when it is at 100%.

    It doesn't really bother me to have it green when not plugged in between 89-100%. I guess it might not actually be a bug though. If it was only green at 100% then there would be quite a bit fewer times when it was green.
  10. #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I'm not too sure this one is actually a change or not.

    With 1.1 and my phone is above 90% battery charge the battery icon displays it as green even while charging. However, with 1.2 when it starts charging (either touchstone or plugged with micro usb) it changes to white even though it is more than 90%. With 1.2 the only time it is green is when it is at 100%.

    I think I remember this acting like this with 1.1 so if someone wants to confirm this feel free. Basically, have your phone less than 100% charged and greater than 90% and then place on the charger. What color is the icon? With 1.2 mine is white.
    Nice one. I added it and a link to your screenshot:

    Battery Indicator - While charging, the battery indicator now only is green when the phone is fully charged.

    - Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/25/2009 at 01:55 PM.
  11. #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    well, just found a new feature completely by accident. I just got a refurb phone, had 1.1 on it, and instead of setting up everything again, I loaded 1.2. What did I find when I went to my browser? My bookmarks! They're all there, they get backed up by the palm profile now!
    Nowhere was this stated to be automatic! Here is the item with a link to your post:

    Bookmarks - Automatic Backup & Restore of web browser bookmarks

    Thanks! Keep them coming!

    - Craig
  12. #152  
    This may have already been mentioned, but Memos are now emailed with proper formatting (In 1.1 they showed up as a jumble of text)
  13.    #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Nowhere was this stated to be automatic! Here is the item with a link to your post:

    Bookmarks - Automatic Backup & Restore of web browser bookmarks

    Thanks! Keep them coming!

    - Craig
    might need to update your post again, the phone also backs up your browser history(looks like it backs up ALL of it). I hope the palm profile is secure, because if its not, that brings up some serious privacy and security issues. I think we need palms input on this, the implications of this could be huge.
  14. #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I hope the palm profile is secure, because if its not, that brings up some serious privacy and security issues. I think we need palms input on this, the implications of this could be huge.
    The Palm Profile has ALL of some people's calendars and contacts, and this is what brings up serious privacy and security issues?
  15.    #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    The Palm Profile has ALL of some people's calendars and contacts, and this is what brings up serious privacy and security issues?
    does it? I don't use that stuff haha, though I did have sports calendar loaded with all the stars games in my calendar, and they aren't back :/
  16. MaxLOL's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    #156  
    So i have tried to search for about fifteen minutes as to where I can download this leak.... I can't find it please help. In return I give you this

  17. #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    does it? I don't use that stuff haha, though I did have sports calendar loaded with all the stars games in my calendar, and they aren't back :/
    Yeah if you don't use Google or Exchange and instead use the Palm Profile, then all of that is stored on the Palm servers.
  18. #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    So i have tried to search for about fifteen minutes as to where I can download this leak.... I can't find it please help.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...s-1-2-jar.html
  19. MaxLOL's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    #159  
    i just found it but thank you very much sir
  20. #160  
    I like the leak a lot. The email search and copy/past functionality alone make the Pre a much better phone IMO. It does seem less laggy too.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions