Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by qitupx View Post
    All the menu animations seem to be more snappy. Not as much lag throughout the whole OS. The launcher comes up quicker, switching pages is quicker, notification bar doesn't cause sluggishness and adding contacts and merging them is also quicker.
    Oh Snap! (pun intended) This was one of my major complaints about WebOS.
    (painfully slow/lag)
    Hopefully what you say is true. Can't wait for update and to test myself.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    Oh Snap! (pun intended) This was one of my major complaints about WebOS.
    (painfully slow/lag)
    Hopefully what you say is true. Can't wait for update and to test myself.
    I don't know about this. I think it's an illusion since you have to reboot the Pre after the install. Until WebOS leverages the GPU for the GUI, it'll still stutter especially while playing music and multitasking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stake View Post
    I don't know about this. I think it's an illusion since you have to reboot the Pre after the install. Until WebOS leverages the GPU for the GUI, it'll still stutter especially while playing music and multitasking.
    I am using 1.2 for days and its generally snappy. The UI is quick and one thing I noticed the most is process of closing app by throwing the card off the screen. process literally follows your finger. Its that snappy.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stake View Post
    I think that was pretty fast already though. Does it still stutter or slow down when you play music and switch between card view?
    I dunno about music, but yes, the os tends yo stutter still. The browser is a huge memory hog, its blatantly obvious.
    tthe best place to see the snappyness is when you set you alarm to wake up. When setting alarm times so much more smooth
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    One other tiny little thing I've noticed is that if I'm in an IM and for some reason get disconnected from the network instead of just saying "User is offline" like it does when the other person isn't online, it now seems to have put "You are offline".
    This isn't new. I've gotten that message months ago.
    Last edited by dellibedaboss; 09/11/2009 at 07:15 PM. Reason: fix typos
    Quote Originally Posted by Lito305 View Post
    how do I access this feature?? is it enabled in 1.2 or is it a hack??

If so how do i get to it to enable it??
    Go here for more info on enabling that notification LED option: http://www.precentral.net/webos-12-b...-notifications
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    i don't know if this is mentioned but the photos load up differently on the right side when first opening the photo app.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I dunno about music, but yes, the os tends yo stutter still. The browser is a huge memory hog, its blatantly obvious.
    I agree. With 1.2, if I have 4 or 5 browser pages open (that dang 'open in new card feature') I can get the 'too many cards' error and it remains even after I close all but one card. Not always, but often enough to tick me off.

I fix it by popping out the battery, and thankfully 1.2 boots quite a bit quicker!
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    I agree. With 1.2, if I have 4 or 5 browser pages open (that dang 'open in new card feature') I can get the 'too many cards' error and it remains even after I close all but one card. Not always, but often enough to tick me off.

I fix it by popping out the battery, and thankfully 1.2 boots quite a bit quicker!
    I can get it with 1 card, if I'm loading a pretty image laden web page(like on the car forums I go on, showroom type threads)
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I can get it with 1 card, if I'm loading a pretty image laden web page(like on the car forums I go on, showroom type threads)
    Yeah, now that I think of it, I am on image heavy websites when I get the error.
  12.    #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by houston17 View Post
    Is there any way to delete multiple emails at once with webos 1.2? I took email off of my pre because it took way to long to delete all of my junk mail. I want to be able to have an option to select all email and then deselect the emails that i want to keep so that I can just delete the junk. Its too much of a pain to swipe to delete 30 junk emails every day.
    No.
  13. lvd
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    in the photo album app, is there any new "upload" account types? currently they have facebook and photobucket, and im hoping for flickr and twitter.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    Anyone know if the battery percent tweek works on 1.2. I tried the patch, not quick install and it kills the icon all together. Has anyone tried it thru quick install?
    Battery percent patch works fine on 1.2 in WebOS Quick Install.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    The second thing I noticed isn't so much an update as a fix. Memopad is now back to single click to move the cursor. The change in 1.1 to double click was stupid. At least Palm listened to user feedback on that issue.
    Can the OP update the original post to include this memopad feature? I know I am happy to have it.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Are there any more things to add to the op since the last update 9/8/09?

- Craig
    The roam only tweek in quick install still works in 1.2. I did not see anyone else that has tried this (I didn't look extremely hard). Some .png files thru out have been renamed so beware when doing themes.
    Features and drawbacks in 1.2:
    1) [Drawback] Unable to CP a pervious TXT MSG. You can CP the entire MSG history from the sender, but if you only want to CP a particular msg we will have to wait for the next update
    2) [Feature] BT pairing has been fixed http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-playback.html
    3) [Drawback] Still no OBEX
    4) WebOS internal and Preware still work.
    5) It appears that all Homebrew apps will still work [at least the ones I have tried]
    6) [Feature] PRL update is functioning properly (BTW the latest PRL is 6053, which appears to have fixed some of the reception issues but not too certain yet)
    7) Battery % still works along with Dialer mods and icon mods
    8) [Feature] Reboot time seems to have become a bit quicker even though it is still slow to reboot.
    9) Sprint TV appears to be a bit less pixelated. Maybe I got luck when giving it a try.
    10) If you select update it will try to revert you back to 1.1 claiming that a new update version 1.1 is available

Hope this helps
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    All tweaks should be uninstalled prior to moving upgrading to 1.2.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Are there any more things to add to the op since the last update 9/8/09?

- Craig
    *COUGH COUGH*

Memopad is now back to single click to move the cursor. 1.1 changed it to double click, but now it is back to normal.
    Ok so with it being scheduled for the new update to come out for those of us who haven't somehow managed to obtain the new update before its official release, if we have rooted out pre and added a lot of tweaks and homebrew apps, etc do we have to use webOS doctor to go back to 1.1 before we update to 1.2 when it finally comes out? I've had a few fellow pre owners claim that if you install the 1.2 and you've "rooted" your pre that the pre will actually crash and burn and it's not covered under warranty and insurance. Is this true? Because that's going to suck to completely undo everything I've done and have to do it all over again after the update comes out. Please help!!