Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    When you global search someones name, it gives you the option to add a reminder for that contact.

Apparently PNG is now supported in Photos, didn't notice that one until now.

Now, a few bad things... a few tiny little issues have been cropping up in applications. No progress bars in Word Ace to show how much time is left, and in the Homebrew Solitaire app, there's no outlines for the empty spot where you can put Aces.

Screenshots below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MP3's and WAV's now play directly from email(though I can't figure out how to save them)

Most likely prepping up for google voice
  4.    #84  
    I've been noticing the memory management for the web browser is pretty terrible. If I've been to a lot of sites, or go to a site with a lot of images, the browser will slow to a crawl, or do the busy spinning circle thing. I've even gotten too many cars with just 1 card open...
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    It works now. I just emailed myself an MP3. I'll try a WAV just to be sure. I'm not sure how to save an attachment though... or if its even possible... WAV's work as well.
    Thanks... I was just making my way threw this thread...

I read in the first post that MP3's are now playable within the EMAIL app, but that is available on 1.1

Hopefully OP can remove that from the first post
    I have version 1.1 and I dl videos all the time from the web.

What sites can't you download videos from? Are you able to download them from the sites on your PC?
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    OK.....forgive me if this has already been reported, but it seems like in 1.2 (my pre anyway) the message alerts while on a phone call has been reduced to where you can just hear them, meaning they are very subtlile and the other party cannot hear them. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this or not. Can anyone else comfirm this?
    I just tested this with my office phone and my Pre, and can definitely confirm this. Was the biggest complaint about the phone for a friend of mine.
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    Something I don't see mentioned here: When you get an incoming call the number now shows up at the top of the locked screen instead of the bottom (so it's not hidden by the "slide up to answer" button anymore.)
    True, I hadn't noticed this until you mentioned it, but I remember people complaining about it.
    I'd never have caught this one if it wasn't for the Sprint list:

-Improved global search to catch synonyms. For example, "Movies" brings up YouTube and Videos.
    Copy and paste is now functional to copy a received email, don't forget to add that.
    Umm I do not know if its been mentioned but in 1.2 if u are on a call and you go to another app on notification bar you get name of the contact and call duration. I dont recall this in 1.1. Can anybody confirm this?
    Thanks.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    Umm I do not know if its been mentioned but in 1.2 if u are on a call and you go to another app on notification bar you get name of the contact and call duration. I dont recall this in 1.1. Can anybody confirm this?
    Thanks.
    I know the contact name is there in 1.1, I don't think the call duration was.
    yeah thats what i think. Its neat. Also in music along with podcast memory where it resume from last time you played track there is option to repeat and shuffle. In repeat I dont know if it was available but now it gives option to repeat 1 track it shows number 1 in repeat icon and also if you tap on it twice it shows no number where it repeats all tracks. Can you correct me if it was available in music app in 1.1.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Also when screen is lock while music app is playing (if you have notification when locked ON in screen and lock menu) you can tap on next or previous track option in mini music player shows like in notification and it works without unlocking the screen (moving the lock icon in the middle of screen to unlock). All other option wont work only next or previous. Can anybody confirm this the case in 1.1?
    thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    Also when screen is lock while music app is playing (if you have notification when locked ON in screen and lock menu) you can tap on next or previous track option in mini music player shows like in notification and it works without unlocking the screen (moving the lock icon in the middle of screen to unlock). All other option wont work only next or previous. Can anybody confirm this the case in 1.1?
    thanks.
    Actually pause and play seem to work as well, and I can tell you that definitely wasn't the way it worked in 1.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Actually pause and play seem to work as well, and I can tell you that definitely wasn't the way it worked in 1.1.
    lolzzz i knew I was overlooking something. So all option on music notification bar works without unlocking the screen. I love it :P. Is that a valid feature or overlooked one :P

Also when snoozing a calendar event it shows status "snoozed for 5 minutes" for a quick second or two in notification bar on left side. Not a biggie but still cool.

Found that on Twitter today about the update, don't know if posted earlier, have no time to look through now
    htt.p://mypre.com/webos-1-2-available-since-yesterday-according-to-sprint-2009093115/
    U have to remove the dot in http, cause i can't post links
    Ups ok, I should read the main page ^^
    Last edited by JohnDoes; 09/09/2009 at 08:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    is it possible to download 1.2 from anywhere? I have been looking for it with no luck.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...s-1-2-jar.html
    One other tiny little thing I've noticed is that if I'm in an IM and for some reason get disconnected from the network instead of just saying "User is offline" like it does when the other person isn't online, it now seems to have put "You are offline".