Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    But one thing that does (still) suck is if your username on a site ends in a number and you do symbol lock by pressing Sym twice, if you don't turn off symbol lock before moving, it still is stuck in symbol mode on moving to the password box. The only way to get it out of symbol mode is to press symbol once, type a symbol, and then delete that to go back to letters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Moderator's note: This thread is just for new features found. Discussion posts are now here.

[LIST][*] The full Facebook page now saves your login info, and is much easier to use because of auto zooming to text boxes
    the full facebook page has always saved your log in information or at least mine was always saved
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaramillo621 View Post
    the full facebook page has always saved your log in information or at least mine was always saved
    mine hasn't, I'd have to login anytime I wanted to use it, and others have complained of this as well.
    The current one is a "Web Viewer" since it
    1) Can't SELECT page text for Copy. The <web> pull-down does not work across PRE apps.
    -
    2) Can NOT select column in text since finger is too imprecise. I can't edit the URL bar above the portrait-view. Rt column tap launches instead. MUST have soft arrow keys (<-) (->) to fine-position. Hell, the "browser" puts them at Lo-Lt since there is no fore-stroke to reverse the back-stroke gesture.
    -
    3) It "..can't find an app to open his file." for animated .GIF at Intellicast.com. Not just .pdf. Can't open .rtf, .gif!
    -
    4) It "..can't find an app to open his file." for SPRINT's .rtf account attachment. [SPRINT's fault too.]
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    Do we have a version of Quick Install that will allow it to reconize 1.2 Pre's yet? Does someone have an older version that works?
    quick install works fine, its just some of the patches that don't work, as outlined in the first post...
    Two things:
    I used to turn off my screen and touch the gesture area on accident, then the LED would stay on until I turned the screen back on... that annoyed me.

1.2 turns the LED on and off to fix that every time you shut off the screen.

Also, I used to be able to swipe up on the gesture area to bring up launcher, and swipe down to bring it down.

Now it's swipe up for both..
    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Are you saying you confirmed that tethering with WiFi is defunct in 1.2? That would be horrible, since it is the only practical way I can use tethering. (Which, admittedly, I don't use often, but it is extremely nice to have)
    I'm the one who reported it in the first place, so I'm not quite sure you can consider it confirmed. But yes, Wifi tethering does not work in 1.2.

<rest of this post is just semi-educated speculation>

The necessary mode in the Wifi driver does not appear to be present any more. How My Tether basically worked was a front-end to set the mode of the Wifi driver to Ad-Hoc mode. When I noticed My Tether was no longer working, I tried manually setting that mode from the terminal, and it tells me invalid argument (aka the argument, "Ad-Hoc" is no longer working). I also attempted Auto mode, Master mode, and Managed mode just to see if any were supported, and Managed is the only one that works. Of course, Managed mode is the regular mode of the Pre that allows it to work as a client.

The Wifi chip in the Pre is the Marvell SD8686. I don't know if that's open source, if it is, maybe it's possible to get that working again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Moderator's note: This thread is just for new features found. Discussion posts are now here.

Here we go(stole the original list to start):

• MP3's and WAV's now play directly from email(though I can't figure out how to save them)

This works for me now on 1.1
    Just thought I'd add that on 1.2 when I swipe away an email notification it does not come right back. I hated that bug in 1.1.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    Can a 1.2 user please tell me if costco.com and samsclub.com actually fully load and render? Perhaps post a screenshot after reaching the sidte
    No, and no. Both sites do not work.
    Costco just sits and spins, Sams just keeps trying to reload and reload.
    I know I've seen this mentioned before, but it's not in the list in the first post. LinkedIn support is now included in Synergy/ Contacts.
    Strange, I had tried it on 1.1 before, and not had luck. Though, that was after I left the text box and for some reason the text would get much bigger, and clicking in the box and trying this didn't work... You're talking, multiline boxes in the browser, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelw9 View Post
    There is an option that was disabled by default, I just enabled it by removing some commented code. The LED then blinks when your screen is off and you have a notification.
    How would I go about changing this 'code' so I may get notifications 'blinking lights' to show on my pre? Thanks!
    I am not sure if this has been mentioned, but in 1.1 did searching contacts in universal search gave option to add reminder to the contact in launcher? I dont recall if that was the case but in 1.2 there is option. Again I dont recall so can someone with 1.1 can correct me please.
    Thanks.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Speed View Post
    i just have one question. My phone is hacked, so i the v keyboard, landscape text all that stuff. Now when the update come should i do anything before i install web os 1.2?
    If I was you I would go to WebOS Quick Install and uncheck all tweaks before update. Otherwise I would just flash the firmware first before update to clean everything and start over.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Myspace mobile loads ALOT faster with webos 1.2. Before, its speed felt like I was on my old blackberry curve with EDGE (2.5G). Pages would load in 5-10 seconds. After updating to 1.2, pages load in 1-3 seconds. It feels more like an app instead of a web page. I still wouldn't mind if myspace would develop a dedicated app .

The second thing I noticed isn't so much an update as a fix. Memopad is now back to single click to move the cursor. The change in 1.1 to double click was stupid. At least Palm listened to user feedback on that issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    I don't get it. Why don't you just copy/paste the sms?
    You can't copy a single text yet unfortunately, only the entire conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsaddictz View Post
    Hey, I was just wondering if any GPS related issues had been addressed. I know alot of people have been having issues getting a fix with Sprint Nav, as outlined in threads such as this:

h ttp://forums.precentral.net/webos-apps-software/196698-sprint-navigation-unable-find-gps.html

If anyone with 1.2 had been having such issues before updating, could you comment on whether or not your GPS functionality has improved?
    Thanks in advance.
    Sorry, only had that issue once and it hasn't been reproducible, so I don't know how 1.2 affects it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    anyone notice if the febuary Birthday bug has been addressed?

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-birthday.html
    Yes, it has been.
    Quote Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn View Post
    Question: V1.1 introduced a bug for me where notifications had to be swiped away twice.
    Any news on if this has been fixed?
    yes, it did.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast