1.    #1  
    I work in a basement type office and when i leave for work my battery is 100% I start at 530 in the morning and finish at 1430 about 9 hour shifts. The signal is constantly fluctuating going to 1x to roaming on verizon's signals most of the time. when i leave work the battery goes down literally to 20-30%, if i dont go straight home and wait a few hours phone is dead.I find this to be extremely unnacceptable and would like any advice or tips please!!!!
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    you can get the tweek for roam only. that way you wont go back and forth, therefore saving your battery
    What he said ^. The constant signal change does have a huge impact on battery life.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  4.    #4  
    thank you guys soooo much for your quick reply but is it expensive when it roams only and how do i do the tweak??
    Bring a charger to work
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiijedi View Post
    thank you guys soooo much for your quick reply but is it expensive when it roams only and how do i do the tweak??
    no. you should have free roaming. Check your sprint.com account Do the install through the webos quick install. Early reports indicate this may have some change for the better in 1.2 which is expected any day...

Sprint.com
    * Everything Data Share Plan
    * Line 1: $129.99 Minimum Monthly Charge
    * Line 2:$0 Monthly Charge
    * Lines 3-5: $19.99 Monthly Charge
    * 1500 Shared Anytime Minutes
    * Unlimited Sprint Mobile to Mobile
    * Nationwide Long Distance Included
    * Unlimited Night & Weekend Mins. Included
    * Nights: M-Th 7PM-7AM Wknd: F 7PM-M 7AM
    * Caller ID
    * Call Waiting
    * Three-way Calling
    * Voicemail

Monthly charge for service plan
    $129.99
    Plan add-ons for

* Data - Web, email, TV, music, GPS and moreIncluded
    * VoiceMail IncludedIncluded
    * Nights and weekends starting at 7pmIncluded
    * Total Equipment Protection7.00
    * Roadside Rescue4.00
    * Messages - Text, Pictures and VideoIncluded
    * Data/Msg/Amer Roam/Sprint NavIncluded
    * International Dialing CapabilityIncluded
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  7.    #7  
    thanks mrloserpunk is it a file i can browse for in the homebrew section then install through quickinstall??what are the early reports saying regarding the battery life or signal in 1.2??
    I have the same situation with signal at work. So, I just tap it into "airplane mode" while I am in the low signal area for most of the day. I then tap it back out of airplane mode during breaks etc. and my missed alerts come pretty quickly.

My battery was dying from 100% to nearly dead in a shift. Now, it is still nearly 100% at the end of the day.

Easy fix if you aren't worried about actually receiving and answering calls while at work.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiijedi View Post
    thanks mrloserpunk is it a file i can browse for in the homebrew section then install through quickinstall??what are the early reports saying regarding the battery life or signal in 1.2??
    No its located under tweaks in the latest version of quickinstall. Check the box, your phone reboots. once its up, go under preferances and you will see a roam only option. Use this when its bouncing. But you will be stuck at 1x for data...use wifi if possible...

side note....cable went out 20 mins ago. Using my tether to type here...
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 09/05/2009 at 12:39 AM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  10.    #10  
    thanks again so much guys sorry about your cable going out. So i guess reinstall new quickinstall then ok will do
  11.    #11  
    wow i have that exact plan that you posted...cool