Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Please help!

I am an amateur at changing all this stuff so I probably should have left well enough alone. I attempted to use the webos quick install tweaks to have the ablility to forward texts. However all i got was a blank screen when i tried to send or receive messages. I removed the tweak and it was back to normal. Bu then I tried to install the files in the zip that Jason at treo central
    provided to fix the blank messaging screen i was getting after trying to forward text messages using webos quick install. However after i did that and tried to turn on the tweak again it did not work and i was able to see the messages but could not click on them to respond. Then in my infinite wisdom i attempted to use quick install to delete the files you provided and instead of deleting the files i believe i deleted both folders and now even after doing a full reset i still get a blank screen when trying to respond or send a text. I get the notification but thats its, the screen is blank. Is there anyway to restore these folders, or is that even the problem?? Please help!!
    Run WebOSDoctor.jar
    HELP! i am all new this and wants the same as every one else is getting out of their Plam Pre'
    1. hook ur pre up to ur comp and run webOS doctor
    2. when ur pre reboots go to update on the pre
    3. update your pre
    4. try the webos quickinstall tweeks again
    I'm having the same issue: after installing QuickInstall and enabling a few tweaks (landscape SMS/email), both apps turned completely white. After disabling these tweaks and rebooting the Pre, the email app works fine and while the SMS app at least now loads the list of convos, like the OP, I can't click and load any single convos -it simply does nothing.

So regarding the solution presented here (WebOSDoctor), doesn't that completely erases/resets the Pre to factory settings?

And isn't it true that Palm's backup service does NOT backup certain settings (ie: linked contacts, contact pictures, etc)?

I'd like to know that before attempting anything else.

Thanks!
    well first try turning your pre off...pulling the battery....and giving it a fresh reboot....maybe this will solve your issues before you do anything drastic...worth a try...
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    So regarding the solution presented here (WebOSDoctor), doesn't that completely erases/resets the Pre to factory settings?

And isn't it true that Palm's backup service does NOT backup certain settings (ie: linked contacts, contact pictures, etc)?

I'd like to know that before attempting anything else.

Thanks!
    Yes, both of those things are true. Both are also much easier to repair than the munged apps.

Not trying to pick on you, it's good that you asked first; but that's the risk you take when you hack your phone. And, even though it makes it "easier", hacking your phone is what you're doing when you use the "tweaks" in the WebOS Quick Install.

Look on the bright side though, you could get a more advanced OS when you run WebOSDoctor (though I suspect that little mistake's not going to happen again...)
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post
    1. hook ur pre up to ur comp and run webOS doctor
    2. when ur pre reboots go to update on the pre
    3. update your pre
    4. try the webos quickinstall tweeks again
    First thanks for responding! For some reason WebOS doctor nor WebOS quick install is recognizing that my phone is connected to my computer. I have it in development mode and it worked before all this stuff happened. Any ideas????
    Quote Originally Posted by charm13s View Post
    First thanks for responding! For some reason WebOS doctor nor WebOS quick install is recognizing that my phone is connected to my computer. I have it in development mode and it worked before all this stuff happened. Any ideas????
    Now that sounds troublesome... Maybe the best bet is to hope that 1.2 is out in the next couple of days, and install it...
    I haven't tried this fix, but it was posted by the developer of the WebOS Quick Install:

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    K, so I've uploaded a new hotfix version (last one, I swear, lol).

The PNG chooser showing/not showing issue is fixed.

For those who used the first build of 2.03 and got the broken Messaging app, download this zip file. Make sure both Message Forwarding and Messaging in landscape are unchecked.

Extract the files from the zip. For each of the 4 files, do this:
    - In WebOS Quick Install, go in the menu Tools->Send File.
    - Drag the file onto the Send File window.
    - For the .jsjsjs $files$, $put$ $this$ $as$ $the$ $Destination$ $Folder$:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/
    - For the .css file, put this as the Destination Folder:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/

Reboot your Pre, and everything should be working again and you should be able to check it again to get it working properly.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Yup if you read my original post, this was the fix i tried to do that got me into this trouble in the first place...Thanks for trying though!
    After applying the fix posted above, my SMS is now finally working again! Now back to retrying the landscape mod.

(Yes, I like suffering)