1.    #1  
    Okay Boys and Girls, so the 1.2 update is probably coming down the pike quicker than ummmmm....well pretty quick anyway.

SO....

Since I have had my Pre, I have done a few tweaks by using the autoscripts, and I have forgotten some of them. I have done a few through Quick Install, which I can just uncheck in order to uninstall. What about the ones I autoscripted and forgot? What would be the best solution?

1. Run WebOS Doc and go back to 1.0.4?

2. Just remove the ones through Quick Install and the other ones I remember and then hope for the best?

3. Throw my Pre against the wall and go get a new one?

Pros and Cons for each would be VERY helpful. For instance, if I do the OS Doc, will I have to redo all my contacts and everything?

Thanks in advance guys and dolls, you are the bestest friends EVER!
    I likey take apart thingies....
    Honestly, if you've made any modifications to the Pre on files that end up getting modified, Palm's updates will just overwrite your files with the new versions, effectively removing your mods.

Chances are you won't have any issues when it comes time to update.

However, if you want to be safest, you can use the official 1.2 webOS Doctor when it comes out. I don't know why you would ever use the 1.0.4 webOS Doctor and then use the updates app though, since Palm has been semi-secretly updating the webOS Doctor download file with each update.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Your going to have to redo everything most likely anyway (well maybe, if the new os affects those files). It hasn't come out yet and may still be awhile. I'm going to wait until it hits, then if I see things on it I want, I will webosdoc it and be done. If I don't see functions added I want, then I'll stay with 1.1

Hope that helps
    ---------------------------------
    Give thanks when warrented!!
    my phone got messed up today i went and try to apply the tweaks and it just stop working i cant read my text messages and that sucks u know. n now im trying to find out if i can restore it to the 1.0.3 good kluck to me yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOE509 View Post
    my phone got messed up today i went and try to apply the tweaks and it just stop working i cant read my text messages and that sucks u know. n now im trying to find out if i can restore it to the 1.0.3 good kluck to me yeah
    Why does everybody keep saying 1.0.3 or 1.0.4 The latest official WebOsDoctor is 1.1.0?
    People don't realize that Palm has been updating it, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOE509 View Post
    just run web doctor on it it will restore , the only way you could mess ur phone up is to break it or fry it otherwise web doctor should fix, thats the words of a web internals dev.
    In my opinion, jhoff80's advice was the best. Update the phone when the update comes out. If it screws something up (very unlikely), then use WebOSDoctor.
    I'm gonna webos dr back to stock, before the update. Everything of importance is backed up for me. I just feel better knowing I have a fresh install and then after a few days when the tweaks and patches get updated to 1.2 compliant, and I've had time to appreciate Palms own handy work, I will redo them. I don't have anything seriously important on my pre anyhoots..
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    This question is for you guys that have ran the Dr before as I have not (been lucky I guess). Does the palm backup service back up your texts and call history? I really like having a complete call history all the way back to the beginning of time. Because we all know the world was created on june 6 2009. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    This question is for you guys that have ran the Dr before as I have not (been lucky I guess). Does the palm backup service back up your texts and call history? I really like having a complete call history all the way back to the beginning of time. Because we all know the world was created on june 6 2009. lol
    No.

Palm Backup gets your account usernames and passwords so that you don't have to re-set those up, plus your tasks, any contacts or calendar stuff that is part of your Palm Profile, and a list of the applications you have installed. (and maybe memos,not sure on that one).

Then during the restore process it uses that list of applications to redownload them from the App Catalog automatically.
    Originally posted by ZOE509:

Which tweek did you install? I installed some yesterday w/o any problem. Today, I removed the patch for e-mail landscape and text forwarding, via root, and then went to re-install with Quick install. That's when my text messaging stopped working.

BTW,I think people are saying WebOS 1.03, because that's what Quick Install says even though it loads 1.1.