Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    ok i got a question. Is there a way to install apps from Palm's app catalog? I keep on getting error. Is there another way to get pandora? thanks in advance.
    That is the punishment for installing 1.2. The catalog is not working for 1.2 users right now.

Nobody should be installing this update right now to prevent further problems.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    That is the punishment for installing 1.2. The catalog is not working for 1.2 users right now.

Nobody should be installing this update right now to prevent further problems.
    It is partially true. My issue was that I didn't login with my Palm profile and made new profile when I restored into 1.2. That is why all my apps that I download from app catalog never restored. But after learning about new apps released yesterday (and also 2 hours to spare) I restored 1.1, logged into my old profile, added new apps, manually forced Palm backup, restored into 1.2 and logged in with my profile this time. All my apps restored plus all my email, memo and tasks. And now all Palm updates blocked untill Palm release the official version. But just to remember if you hate to loose your bookmarks, sms and data from 3rd party apps you installed then 1.2 is not for you at the moment.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    so when exactly is thid 1.2 supposed to be available or drop? I know someone has to know if yall got the 1.2 already. I gotta admit yall some smart bastards out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    It is partially true. My issue was that I didn't login with my Palm profile and made new profile when I restored into 1.2. That is why all my apps that I download from app catalog never restored. But after learning about new apps released yesterday (and also 2 hours to spare) I restored 1.1, logged into my old profile, added new apps, manually forced Palm backup, restored into 1.2 and logged in with my profile this time. All my apps restored plus all my email, memo and tasks. And now all Palm updates blocked untill Palm release the official version. But just to remember if you hate to loose your bookmarks, sms and data from 3rd party apps you installed then 1.2 is not for you at the moment.
    wow.. this would of been handy for you....
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...p-catalog.html
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    When is the official release date anticipated ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Visor Platinum -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w
  6.    #26  
    Don't know but I put 1.2 on and it's great. Just the ability to search email makes the phone much more usable imo. The copy/paste adds a lot too. And I have yet to get a nag about "upgrading" to 1.1 ;-)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12