1.    #1  
    Hi everyone, I just picked up my Pre from Bell and am pleased with the quality. No oreo effect, a great screen and all the buttons work well.

However, I have been searching around here and can't find a solution to my problem. My launcher lacks a few of the icons used to change preferences such as Sounds & Ringtones, the Screen one, Device Info etc.

I tried WebOSDoctor and it worked fine doing a hard reboot but the icons are still missing.

The only way to access them is to go type "R" in card view (to get Sounds & Ringtones for example) or launcher as a quick launch.

I recently added Web Os Quick Installer and have also looked for a homebrew app to add/delete system icons.

Any help from you experienced users? Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by BombSquad; 09/04/2009 at 01:53 PM.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    you know they're on a different launcher page right?
  3.    #3  
    Haha, yes I do.

I was hoping there was a utility in the homebrew app catalog that would allow me to add/delete them, but I haven't come across one yet.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Just mentioning this even though this probably isn't it, but you have to scroll up and down on launcher pages as well as left to right >.>

When I first got my Pre I couldn't find the app catalogue anywhere until I realized I just had to scroll up on the second page...
    Just go to where found them and add an icon/shortcut to the launcher pages.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Bombsquad, what is the build date on your phone? I got a good one also, on the 8/14/09 batch. I had to change 2 phones until I got a good one.
    Take it back, 30 days 30 mins, and get a new one. Problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastOne View Post
    Bell have stated that the 30 day 30 minute program is not available for this phone in the way of defects, the only thing you can do is take it back and say that you made a mistake and want your money back. I think they call it the 30 day remorse program?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastOne View Post
    Are you seriously suggesting he return a perfectly fine pre because he can't find the app icons? Even if they were actually missing i'm sure one quick run of WebOS doctor would solve it. It's just funny that all the app icons he's missing are on the same page of the launcher. The third one.
  10.    #10  
    The third page of the launcher is blank other than the "Help" icon.

T3CK, how do I check the build date?

I am going to try the WebOSDR again.
    Quote Originally Posted by BombSquad View Post
    The third page of the launcher is blank other than the "Help" icon.

T3CK, how do I check the build date?

I am going to try the WebOSDR again.
    You might want to redownload it too, in case something in your initial download was corrupted or changed or something.