Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    that's because you didn't check the build number of webos doctor before updating. you didn't need to go through the pain of the update. it's in the build number and build date.
    I actually needed to anyways, TBH, because I've been having the issue with SMS conversations not showing up in the messaging app, was driving me nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    guys - I DO NOT recommend you install this on a Pre. If you accidentally allow it to "update" to 1.1, IT MAY BRICK YOUR PRE.
    Dieter I'm a huge fan of all your posts on this forum but we are tech geeks on here, that wouldn't stop us now would it. HAHA
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Tasks now has an option to sort either by priority or due date, I'm pretty sure that's new. No syncing of tasks yet unfortunately.

Still looking for changes.
    The big one for me is the ability to search emails. Do you see an option to do this in the email app? Or if you just start typing text does universal search now allow email searching?
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    My primary hope is that the phone app is snappier and I don't accidentally hang up on people before even answering the phone.

Otherwise, also hope they take away the 60 app limit and base it on storage avail rather than num of apps.
    It's based on storage available in that particular partition now, not any numerical app limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Dieter I'm a huge fan of all your posts on this forum but we are tech geeks on here, that wouldn't stop us now would it. HAHA
    heh. Tech geeks I'm not worried about - but we have this up on the blog and so people who may not be tech geeks could find it - a few warnings here and there will save the non-super-geeks a lot of headaches.
  6.    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    The big one for me is the ability to search emails. Do you see an option to do this in the email app? Or if you just start typing text does universal search now allow email searching?
    Hmm never tried to search in email before. Definitely isn't working in universal search, however typing IN the email app brings up a find-as-you-search thing which is at least searching within sender/subject/message preview. Is that new?

Edit:
    heh. Tech geeks I'm not worried about - but we have this up on the blog and so people who may not be tech geeks could find it - a few warnings here and there will save the non-super-geeks a lot of headaches.
    Yeah on second thought it was probably a bad idea for me to post the 1.2 jar link in the comments on the article. Don't think I can remove the link myself though.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Well I'm thinking it's probably no coincidence that we just saw 9 app updates today so far. I'm guessing their getting everything ready for the big update.
    Guess palm is waiting til apple's big day this month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beknatok View Post
    Started unzipping the various files inside.

The sprint.tar file is already showing differences... here's a quick list of the file apps whose versions have been incremented:

cdmacustomization-sprint_1.0.0-17_armv7.ipk
    com.handson.app.nascar_1.0-34_armv7.ipk
    com.handson.app.nfl_1.0-28_armv7.ipk
    com.palm.app.amazonstore_1.0-62.2_armv7.ipk
    com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-64_armv7.ipk
    com.telenav.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-64_armv7.ipk
    mobitv-sprint-rtspsrc_1.0.0-16.1_armv7.ipk
    palmcustomizationinfo-sprint_1.0-166_all.ipk
    sweatshop-sprint-castle_1.1-24_armv7.ipk

Still digging... about to kick on the Emulator

Anyway you could tell me the md5sum on /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs $from$ $the$ $1$.$2$.$0$ $image$?
    Guess palm is waiting til apple's big day this month.
    In that case YELL out the WARNING.
    Hmm never tried to search in email before. Definitely isn't working in universal search, however typing IN the email app brings up a find-as-you-search thing which is at least searching within sender/subject/message preview. Is that new?

Just tried that in my 1.1 and nothing... so looks like we got basic email search... cool!

Edit:

Yeah on second thought it was probably a bad idea for me to post the 1.2 jar link in the comments on the article. Don't think I can remove the link myself though.
    Yes that's new.
    2 questions. Was Bluetooth version updated and is there any more messaging capability other than GMail and AIM?
    @cardfan
    If Palm is waiting for Apples 'big day' this month, I wish Palm was bringing REAL updates to the Pre at the same time...i.e. video AND bugfixes AND improved functionality PLUS a real APP Store AND a couple of hundred apps for release.....

But then I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that wants that stuff.... lol
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    My primary hope is that the phone app is snappier and I don't accidentally hang up on people before even answering the phone.
    That would sure be nice.

Edit:

comment removed, no worries.
    That does appear to be new. Awesome! Anything different in the options menu in the upper-left corner within emails? This is reason enough for me to update. thanks.
    Leathal, not sure if you saw my previous question, i know you're getting nonstop requests lol... does email have landscape mode?
    Quote Originally Posted by go4craig View Post
    So uh it downloaded 1.1 in the background and when I plugged my phone into charge I accidentally hit install now. Bricked the phone. Won't get past palm logo now. BE CAREFUL
    doctor it again!
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast