Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 626
  1. #101  
    Man glad I upgraded to a Megaupload premium account a month ago.
  2. Beknatok's Avatar
    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by CrucialTK View Post
    How do you use the JAR file to update the WebOS?
    When you go to Palm's support site to "run" WebOS, they send you a .jnlp file. If you open that file, you'll see it's all text and among other things, contains the URL and filename to the actual WebOSDoctor file... a massive, 200 meg .JAR file.

    If you download this file separately and decompress it, you'll find a whole slew of other things... including another archive under resources, of the full WebOS image that WebDoctor actually overlays onto your phone.

    You need this .JAR file to run the Palm emulator, included with the Palm SDK. So just swap .JAR files, kick on the emulator, and you can start testing their leaked (and most likely BETA) 1.2 release.
  3. #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppy785 View Post
    cant we get some more details from the two people that actually got this... i mean we jump from 1.1 to 1.2 and so far all we know is the update include a new copy paste feature, zoom animation on browser, credit card on apps, and turn off data... that seems pretty weak and you think would only merit a 1.1.5 or something of that nature.
    Unless there is behind the scenes changes that you won't see, there could be some pretty significant change that only matters to developers.
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppy785 View Post
    cant we get some more details from the two people that actually got this... i mean we jump from 1.1 to 1.2 and so far all we know is the update include a new copy paste feature, zoom animation on browser, credit card on apps, and turn off data... that seems pretty weak and you think would only merit a 1.1.5 or something of that nature.
    Honestly I'm not seeing many changes. Biggest by far is the App Catalog, the rest that I've noticed are extremely minor tweaks. I AM noticing the UI being much more responsive, but it's probably the placebo effect added with all the Optware/Linux stuff being wiped by WebOSDoc.

    I'll keep posting stuff as I notice it, but none of the big things appear to be in.

    Namely:
    No video camera
    No landscape in Google Maps
    No Task syncing
    No color coded Month view in the calendar
  5. #105  
    I'd be happy if this update atleast had cpu scaling to help with battery life. To me that'd be huge.
  6. #106  
    Text forwarding? And how about opening more than one text card?
  7. #107  
    My phone is only at 1.1 after the webdoctor.
  8. #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    I'd be happy if this update atleast had cpu scaling to help with battery life. To me that'd be huge.

    That would be amazing.
  9. #109  
    The Pre already uses CPU scaling.
  10. #110  
    Yeah I don't get why it jumped from 1.1 to 1.2 with no major updates unless palm not done with it yet.
  11. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    The Pre already uses CPU scaling.
    The hardware is capable, but from what I've read you have to root and make some software changes to enable it.
  12.    #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by zeravla531 View Post
    Text forwarding? And how about opening more than one text card?
    Not seeing options for either of these, also rotating the screen does zilch. Basically seems to be the same as the 1.1 Messaging app.

    Edit: As far as CPU Scaling goes, I have no idea how to check that without rooting the phone and putting Linux back on. Unfortunately I don't have time for that until roughly 5:00 EST.
  13. Diviance's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    #113  
    Biting the bullet, downloaded the posted .jar and running it now. Will post results.
  14. rlopin's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Thats why I always run actual benchmarks. In the Pre's case, the SunSpider JavaScript benchmark, and it has consistently shown improvement after every update.
    That's great to hear. I wonder what percentage of the performance increases are due to performance tuning of the WebOS code versus the clearing of memory leaks on a reboot.

    By what percentage has the performance improved between updates? Can you share the benchmark scores broken down by WebOS version?

    Thanks.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
  15. #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by Diviance View Post
    Biting the bullet, downloaded the posted .jar and running it now. Will post results.
    Yeah, I'm downloading it ATM as well, but 3 minutes remain.
  16. #116  
    In the screen shots it shows sprint configuration is up to 1.8. This usually affects the radio and phone calls. On Windows mobile the radio part of the rom had decent impacts on battery life and download speed.
  17. #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Not seeing options for either of these, also rotating the screen does zilch. Basically seems to be the same as the 1.1 Messaging app.

    Edit: As far as CPU Scaling goes, I have no idea how to check that without rooting the phone and putting Linux back on. Unfortunately I don't have time for that until roughly 5:00 EST.
    How about landscape email?
  18. tozfeekum's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    #118  
    I've downloaded it, currently 50% into the install.
  19. Beknatok's Avatar
    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by Diviance View Post
    Biting the bullet, downloaded the posted .jar and running it now. Will post results.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Yeah, I'm downloading it ATM as well, but 3 minutes remain.
    If you guys want to be safe, run the Palm emulator out of the SDK. Mine just finished downloading... will have initial feedback in a few minutes.
  20. seanb61's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #120  
    I have the file loaded and ready to go, just waiting on the first brave soul to post first results.

Posting Permissions