Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    blogs are reporting that the hole has been plugged
    http://www.precentral.net/webos-12-accidentally-leaked

Turns out this is a story on the front page of precentral.net and engadget now.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Could you post your results for SunSpider? I would be interested in the improvement gains.
    I'm running the Doctor right now, at 30%, will update when its finished and let you guys know the outcome. I made sure to download the OS Doctor today, so that its the latest possible version.
    Again, can anyone confirm that the hole was actually plugged?
    yep downloaded webOS doctor and got the old one.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Still waiting (sorta) patiently for the .jar file...
    Quote Originally Posted by abiezerf View Post
    yep downloaded webOS doctor and got the old one.
    Good thing I hit cancel lol.
    Anyone that has it, can they check the bluetooth software version installed? for 1.1, it shows BT v1.0 (Yes, I know the internal revision doesn't equal the BT firmware version) I'm kinda hoping they did some updates to it and maybe it'll be happy with my car........
    Yall webos doctor your phone just to try and get a 1.2..
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    At this point, all we can do is wait for go4craig to post his .JAR file, for the rest of us to snag.

In either case, I'm willing to bet that the release these few guys got isn't the final WebOS 1.2 release, but just a beta, so it'll still be buggy. Still, will be good to mess with it against the Palm Emulator.
    comon .jar file where are you.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Are you saying you just downloaded 1.2 from the WebOS doctor link?
    Not a big deal, I'll have to set up my accounts and my browser bookmarks, oh noes.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    It's already been confirmed that the hole was plugged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beknatok View Post
    At this point, all we can do is wait for go4craig to post his .JAR file, for the rest of us to snag.

In either case, I'm willing to bet that the release these few guys got isn't the final WebOS 1.2 release, but just a beta, so it'll still be buggy. Still, will be good to mess with it against the Palm Emulator.
    How do you use the JAR file to update the WebOS?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beknatok View Post

comon dude quit being stupid they posted it because it was final but probably wasn't approved to be posted yet so they took it off. I highly doubt that its anything but the real thing.
  18.    #98  
    Tasks now has an option to sort either by priority or due date, I'm pretty sure that's new. No syncing of tasks yet unfortunately.

The App Catalog is kinda buggy, likely because it's a new version and Palm isn't letting it connect. From what I can tell, you can store a credit card number on the device and link it to your Palm Profile for use in buying apps. There's an option to ask for your Profile password for every purchase before charging the card.

Still looking for changes.

Here's the WebOSDoctor jar I used. It SHOULD have 1.2 in it.
    megaupload dot com /?d=3TH1CAKN

[edit from dieter: guys - I DO NOT recommend you install this on a Pre. If you accidentally allow it to "update" to 1.1, IT MAY BRICK YOUR PRE.]
    cant we get some more details from the two people that actually got this... i mean we jump from 1.1 to 1.2 and so far all we know is the update include a new copy paste feature, zoom animation on browser, credit card on apps, and turn off data... that seems pretty weak and you think would only merit a 1.1.5 or something of that nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    Are you saying you just downloaded 1.2 from the WebOS doctor link?
    No I was saying people doing a webos doctor for no reason to try and get 1.2.. Which has been plugged
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast