Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Your Pre now smokes fast?
    It will after the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Me either.. I don't think i've ever forwarded a text. Don't really see the reason why I would need to.
    So because you don't need to, you assume no one should?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Yeah but if you update via webos doctor tweaks wouldn't matter as it would just rewrite everything anyway.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    The update also glitched out the drop down menu in tweed.

http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/658...0409141631.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    It might cause problems as you never know what is going to be updated/changed in the OS. Having any discrepancy in the code might not trigger updates that are supposed to happen, or it might cause them to go wrong.
    Do we also need to remove homebrew apps?
    go4craig, can you post your webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jnlp file you downloaded today?
    Quote Originally Posted by tlaz View Post
    No. Just any tweeks/OS modification you may have done. Apps are not touched by WebOs updates.
    Why won't these guys post the webosdoctor file...?

Probably intentional leaaks....from the man above
    Its my understanding that the Homebrew apps are in a place where they wont be affected by updates. I have read that the destination was suggested by palm to not interfere with updates. Tweaks however edit the files that can be updated and cause some problems.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    Yeah but if you update via webos doctor tweaks wouldn't matter as it would just rewrite everything anyway.
    If re-imaging your phone via WebOS doctor then you are right, the tweaks will be overwritten. However, a WebOS update via the update icon might work differently and only update files that have changed (not sure if it does this). That can create problems if one of the tweaks involved changes to several files, and the WebOS update only overwrites a subset of the files.

Regardless, one thing is for sure. If you leave the tweaks in, perform a WebOS update via the update icon, it might break the tweaks and other functionality. Evenif it doesn't break anything, if you then try to apply an updated tweak, it may very well fail. You need to start from a clean non-tweaked state, and that means uninstalling the tweaks and then performing the update.

Any corrections to this?
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    is package manger or inrernalz/FileMgr Service a tweak?
    That is a good question. I am wondering the same thing. My guess is yes we need to remove services but I could be wrong. I will probably just uninstall the services I have on my phone anyway with WebOS quick install. It really won't be that difficult for me to put them back on. Plus, all services might not work with a new software version. Hopefully someone who actually knows will give a better answer.
    No. However, the 1.1 update changed lists to default to Escape HTML. A subtle change like that could happen again, which might require an update of the app. This will happen less as WebOS API gets more firm.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Your Pre now smokes fast?
    This made me laugh +1
  14.    #74  
    Okay done with class haha, I can post my webosdoctor.jar file if it helps anyone.

Kinda funny how I found this out, my phone was acting sluggish and I kept getting Too Many Cards when there wasn't any cards even open so I decided to WebOSDoc it. After it did its thing, the Update application still said there was a 1.1 update, but it bricked the phone trying to install. After running the good doctor again, I checked the OS version and there it was.

Anyways I'm uploading the jar file to mediafire right now, I'll post it as soon as it's done. Go4craig seems to be holding it down as far as screenshots and info goes, but I'll chime in with stuff as I find it.

For starters, the web browser seems to be improved. Pages that showed up tiny before are now filling the screen, tapping in a form field auto zooms up to that field, scrolling in general seems much snappier (still have the checkerbox effect when scrolling fast though).

I'm noticing a LOT of things that seem different in several apps, but nothing that immediately pops out as "hey this is new" outside of what craig has already posted.
    So in a new webos update I would have to go back to the original icons and backgrounds and images I modded? Or will they be fine since the name stayed the same..
    is package manger or inrernalz/FileMgr Service a tweak?
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Okay done with class haha, I can post my webosdoctor.jar file if it helps anyone.

Kinda funny how I found this out, my phone was acting sluggish and I kept getting Too Many Cards when there wasn't any cards even open so I decided to WebOSDoc it. After it did its thing, the Update application still said there was a 1.1 update, but it bricked the phone trying to install. After running the good doctor again, I checked the OS version and there it was.

Anyways I'm uploading the jar file to mediafire right now, I'll post it as soon as it's done.
    EXCELLENT!!! Thank you!!! Looking forward to getting it and firing up the emulator against it.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    So in a new webos update I would have to go back to the original icons and backgrounds and images I modded? Or will they be fine since the name stayed the same..
    Any mods to code in your phone need to be undone, or at least should be undone. Not worth bricking irreversably your PRe.
    Heck yah, time to play with a new update,

Better download the file soon or else it will get pulled!
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    Every WebOS update requires a reboot. Rebooting speeds up the phone because it eliminates the memory leaks that have accumulated since the last reboot. Try it out yourself. Go a full day with heavy usage (maybe only a few hours even). Launch and shutdown applications multiple times like the Sprint Nav, email, contacts, music, and other applications. Notice how the phone starts to become less responsive. Now reboot. My bet is you will most likely experience a real performance increase.
    Thats why I always run actual benchmarks. In the Pre's case, the SunSpider JavaScript benchmark, and it has consistently shown improvement after every update.
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast