Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2126272829303132 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    A couple others have reported this as well

Imageshack - unknown20090907191548.jpg
    FYI ESET NOD32 repors this link tries to download a trojan to your computer.
    dammit my phone is bricked. webosdoctor wont help because it wont go pass the boot logo. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by gnove View Post
    dammit my phone is bricked. webosdoctor wont help because it wont go pass the boot logo. Any ideas?
    Turn off the Pre, hold the volume up button, plug in the USB cable.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    I love rumors. Just hope we see video soon. My Regional Director friend at Sprint says it's going to happen, and the Palm employee who did a training at the Sprint store said it's coming. Maybe with 1.2 it will finally come.
    As a sprint sales rep. They'll tell you anything just to keep the sales up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Updated w/ summary of 1.2 so-far discovered features
    [LIST][*]Find-as-you-type search support in Email

I dont suppose they have find while you type text? Thats a huge thing I miss about my Windows mobile.

Especially with threaded texting and if im looking for a text thats a few days old its ridiculously tough for me to find it. There must be an easier way
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedillume View Post
    This is my number one request for any new Pre software/hardware. I am tired of running to the charger every 3-4 hours.

My second request is for the backup feature to actually stay disabled when I disable it. I don't need Palm or Sprint copying all of my contacts...and maybe even passwords.
    Why wait for a software update?
    Buy the 1350 or 1400 mahr batteries for a slight extension in battery life with touchstone use or just buy a 2600 or 2800 battery if you only plug in.

I'm using a 1350 and easily get a day out of the phone based on my usage. I'm using a touchstone so I won't go to the larger batteries yet, but if my TS fails (like it has been for a lot of others), I will jump on the 2800 battery.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by getmoneyeveryday View Post
    As a sprint sales rep. They'll tell you anything just to keep the sales up.
    Well, technically speaking they could be right... I mean hell, even the year 2846273989087412870712876580972 is "coming".... not soon, but is in fact coming...
    is it going to give us video? or the ability to place sound and save sounds that come with mms? or view them or gifs in txt or pages? or remove the app limit?
    Last edited by mech8; 09/18/2009 at 02:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mech8 View Post
    is it going to give us video?
    no
    Quote Originally Posted by Diviance View Post
    Well, technically speaking they could be right... I mean hell, even the year 2846273989087412870712876580972 is "coming".... not soon, but is in fact coming...
    Actually, that year may not be coming. I mean, if the space-time continuum no longer exists at some point because the LHC sucks the universe into a black hole, we might miss out on that year.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Actually, that year may not be coming. I mean, if the space-time continuum no longer exists at some point because the LHC sucks the universe into a black hole, we might miss out on that year.
    Damnit, I was really looking forward to that year too
    When will I see the update, and how do I get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by a-dam-man View Post
    When will I see the update, and how do I get it.
    1 dunno, all sources point to in a week.

2 use universal search, try "update" for starters
    Unable to connect to the update server. Could this be our update being loaded up?
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Defiler View Post
    Unable to connect to the update server. Could this be our update being loaded up?
    Keep trying, I'm on wifi and it still took about 10 minutes. Voice dialing is really cool. We'll see how the truck app works though, it took about 2 minutes for it to luanch, but it's changing the oil now, all 4 gallons. I hope it doens't spill anything.

Navigation is slower but it drives the car so it's worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Defiler View Post
    Probably do to wootoff traffic
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post
    Keep trying, I'm on wifi and it still took about 10 minutes. Voice dialing is really cool.

Are you kidding or is voice dial for real in 1.2? This is the ONLY reason I don't own this phone now. Sprint Rep told me it had it when I went in a week ago. Went in yesterday and he denied he told me that. Please confirm voice dial in 1.2??? Thanks.
    Last edited by Jeremytallman; 09/24/2009 at 03:45 PM. Reason: fixing quote
    He is kidding.
    Dang - Knew it.

I have emailed palm on this, etc. This is something I, and others, really need. If they keep this up I will be getting the Pre 2.....tick tock palm. Oh, and don't tell cnet, and others:

"We're also disappointed that the Pre lacks some basic functions, such as video recording and voice dialing, though Palm has said these features can be added later through an over-the-air update." - CNET original review 06/03/09

Sigh
    how do i get webos 1.2