Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202526272829303132 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Sorry just checked this, but what's in his post is correct.
    Dont forget to thank michaelw9 for figuring out which lines to uncomment, and for rebooting his pre probably 30 times before we found the right files to edit.
    jhoff80,

If you copy some stuff from a website, containing both text and images, and paste into a richtextbox widget (like the compose window of Email), does all the formatting stick? Does the image copy?
    Hmm, in all the excitement, hadn't tried actually pasting it. Unfortunately it seems like not. I don't know if that's because you can't put an image into the body of an email in the Pre email client, but I'd have expected the formatting to show up, which it did not. That's not something that actually bothers me, but it'd be nice if it did (a much bigger bother to me is that I can't copy an individual IM / text message yet).
    As the Pre starts its rounds on other carriers and approaches its 1 year birthday* Palm is running out of time to get the core feature set available and working. IMO, holiday sales will be very weak without video recording to name just one missing feature.

I fear the Pre will soon find its way to the $.99 bin along with so many other phones.

*from its anouncement which is when the real 'age' clock start ticking for a consumer electronic device
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buchkoba00 View Post
    I'd like my friends on fire if they started spamming me with text forwards. Emails are bad enough.
    I concur!! Sending text messages to a group of people, that's what twitter is for.
    ******Disclaimer*******
    I'm a Dvorak typist using
    a QWERTY thumb board.
    Typoes? Oh Yeah
    when do you guys think 1.2 will be available through the update method?
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnienyc View Post
    I look forward to hearing if the battery life has improved - this seems to be the #1 gripe for a lot of people.
    This is my number one request for any new Pre software/hardware. I am tired of running to the charger every 3-4 hours.

My second request is for the backup feature to actually stay disabled when I disable it. I don't need Palm or Sprint copying all of my contacts...and maybe even passwords.
    Last edited by Seedillume; 09/05/2009 at 08:40 AM.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Any news of enabling WMA support for the browser?
    Quote Originally Posted by deparson View Post
    As the Pre starts its rounds on other carriers and approaches its 1 year birthday* Palm is running out of time to get the core feature set available and working. IMO, holiday sales will be very weak without video recording to name just one missing feature.

I fear the Pre will soon find its way to the $.99 bin along with so many other phones.

*from its anouncement which is when the real 'age' clock start ticking for a consumer electronic device
    I was wondering where all the rain clouds were on such a sunny day.
    Quote Originally Posted by deparson View Post

....it has core features.

Not every phone has the same core features....but for the vast majority, the Pre has more than enough core features.
    I just checked for updates on my pre. I get an error message saying "Unable to connect. Try again later." Could this mean they are putting 1.2 up on the servers now?

[edit] Just downloaded webosdoctor from palm, and it is still 1.1

[edit 2] Checked again, they added updates for Bubbles!, Speedbrain, and Where.
    Last edited by cdowers; 09/05/2009 at 10:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anashti View Post
    I concur!! Sending text messages to a group of people, that's what twitter is for.
    Twitter is for people who have no lives.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    MotionApps said that 1.2 will update Classic for HotSync support. If this it the final version of 1.2 then it should be in there. If it is not in there, then this is NOT the final 1.2. So is it there?
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    I have to say "Autozooms to Forms" is gonna improve my life. Seriously. Even the mobile sites designed for WAP or IPhone somehow default to the tiniest text possible, even when I've toyed with them on my desktop browser.

Real Copy/Paste will be awesome. These sound like subtle improvements to some; but use-ability is going to get nicer. I'm excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by corq View Post
    I have to say "Autozooms to Forms" is gonna improve my life. Seriously. Even the mobile sites designed for WAP or IPhone somehow default to the tiniest text possible, even when I've toyed with them on my desktop browser.

Real Copy/Paste will be awesome. These sound like subtle improvements to some; but use-ability is going to get nicer. I'm excited.
    It has been SO convenient so far, the auto zoom feature, its incredibly nice. I'm a big fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    MotionApps said that 1.2 will update Classic for HotSync support. If this it the final version of 1.2 then it should be in there. If it is not in there, then this is NOT the final 1.2. So is it there?
    I don't have classic installed, nor can I without the app catalog working, I don't think you're gonna get any feedback because we all had to wipe our phones to install 1.2, so no one has classic.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    And so arguably one of the most needed improvements is missing from this update, correct?

No update to the friggin' battery drain that is AIM?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    Twitter is for people who have no lives.
    I know this is way off topic, but had to respond. As someone who didn't get Twitter at first myself, I would've agreed with you probably about a year ago. But, if you follow the right people, it can be very interesting. As an example, the baseball team I like is halfway across the country and I can't watch them on TV, but I can follow their beat-writers. I can follow musicians I like, football players I like, news figures, etc. But yeah, if you're following the type of people who say things like "I had a turkey sandwich today" it won't be nearly as useful. It's all about the experience you make with it.

(And then there's the possibility for other huge real time news, whether it's an electronics show like how people tweeted from CES with news, or something like the whole Iran elections thing a few months ago).
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    where do you get it from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaime313 View Post
    where do you get it from?
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...s-1-2-jar.html
    Any changes in google maps? Can you auto copy direction to clipboard?
    MatterOfFactJack