Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    WebOSdoctor is based on our serial number so I don't think it would be very safe trying someone else's, might be harmless, but I'm sure there's a reason they ask for it
    I too, just did as the other poster did, and also have the same base files as before.

And I should point out that just getting the WebOS .JAR dump doesn't require you to actually reset and apply it to your phone. You can just download the WebOS .JAR file and decompressing it for analysis, and/or get the emulator running against it, which is what I'm eager to do.
    Does the pallm seem a little faster at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Yeah, important note, because I think 1.2 is gonna be here any day....
    REMOVE ALL TWEAKS AND RESIST THE URGE TO UPDATE UNTIL YOU DO SO!!!
    is package manger or inrernalz/FileMgr Service a tweak?
    Oh also is this affecting patches on the phone, like homebrew apps, modifications, etc?
    Anything new? Come on show some more screens for us to look at in anticipation!
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Me either.. I don't think i've ever forwarded a text. Don't really see the reason why I would need to.
    agreed. besides, the webinstall tweak for forwarding works just fine. they can use that if its SO important
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Alright, let's back up.

How did you obtain this supposid WebOS 1.2 release? Did you go through Palm's support website? If so, at some point, you'll be sent and made to open a .jnlp file. If you open that file in a text editor, it'll have a "codebase" parameter containing a URL, and later a "jar href" parameter, containing a .jar file, which is what we want. Combine the two, and you can directly download the .JAR file, which can then be decompressed, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Yeah, important note, because I think 1.2 is gonna be here any day....
    REMOVE ALL TWEAKS AND RESIST THE URGE TO UPDATE UNTIL YOU DO SO!!!
    What happens if u try to update with tweaks?
    Quote Originally Posted by jblake1030 View Post
    Does the pallm seem a little faster at all?
    The great placebo effect. I have to laugh when I see that, not just with Palm updates but updates in general, like Firefox, Opera, etc.

They could release an update that did nothing but change their logo and you would soon see posts like:

• Is it me or does it load pages faster?
    • It does seem peppier!
    • Definitely faster here...great job!
    • Great update! My device is now smokin' fast!

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    placebo = +1
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeravla531 View Post
    It's useful when you subscribe to something like CNN or ESPN and you get news that you want to forward to your friend or family member.
    I'd like my friends on fire if they started spamming me with text forwards. Emails are bad enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    The great placebo effect. I have to laugh when I see that, not just with Palm updates but updates in general, like Firefox, Opera, etc.

They could release an update that did nothing but change their logo and you would soon see posts like:

• Is it me or does it load pages faster?
    • It does seem peppier!
    • Definitely faster here...great job!
    • Great update! My device is now smokin' fast!

Your Pre now smokes fast?
    So where can I download WebOS Doctor 1.2, is someone going to post this on Megaupload or what, quit wasting our time.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    what about good old cut and paste? Is it in there?
    Quote Originally Posted by grandebob View Post
    Easy way to pay for an app from the app catalog? This would open the door for paid apps and such.

I look forward to the update, but don't have a specific thing I hope/want/need to be updated.
    not even email search ;-) come on, everyone needs that!
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Every WebOS update requires a reboot. Rebooting speeds up the phone because it eliminates the memory leaks that have accumulated since the last reboot. Try it out yourself. Go a full day with heavy usage (maybe only a few hours even). Launch and shutdown applications multiple times like the Sprint Nav, email, contacts, music, and other applications. Notice how the phone starts to become less responsive. Now reboot. My bet is you will most likely experience a real performance increase.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    So is the OP gone now?

I am viewing from mobil precentral so I cannot see the post count of the... Is this a hit and run post?
    So what happens if you update with the tweaks on?
    is package manger or inrernalz/FileMgr Service a tweak?
    Quote Originally Posted by Smj724 View Post
    So what happens if you update with the tweaks on?
    It might cause problems as you never know what is going to be updated/changed in the OS. Having any discrepancy in the code might not trigger updates that are supposed to happen, or it might cause them to go wrong.
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast