Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    If you are on the main screen or launcher.. in you press gesture+v to paste, it will start a global search with whatever you pasted.
    You know what would be really cool and even more efficient?
    And I hope I'm not reinventing Palm's wheel here.
    Correct me if this is already possible in webOS.

Imagine you select some text on a website.
    You Orange-click on it and right there you have the option to search, translate, share, etc.
    Even better? You could have the same options you use in your Global Search.
    Which we all know are customizable

Think of something similar to this list-selector
    h ttp://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt218/Elysian893/photos-temp-0jpg.jpg

* I'm assuming orange-click is not reserved for any other action during text selection; any key combination could be used
    /EU/GR/
    How does zooming to a textarea works?

On a lot of sites the textarea is too large and to fit on a page, you have to zoom out so far that text is very small. So I can't see how zooming in on a a large textarea would work.

Can someone try?
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelw9 View Post
    1.2 includes disabled code for LED blinking when you have a notification and the screeen is locked.

After I uncommented out some lines in the necessary files, the "Screen and Lock" menu puts the toggle switch as seen here. (Thanks theo for your help). If you have any notications while the screen off, the center LED then blinks smoothly on and off. I guess we can add this as a patch soon.
    Ooooohhhhhh!!! They haven't officially released this so no matter what they do, get this added for the official release!! I want this more than any other tweak they did. Finally, a use for that cursed button!
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Ooooohhhhhh!!! They haven't officially released this so no matter what they do, get this added for the official release!! I want this more than any other tweak they did. Finally, a use for that cursed button!
    I actually have been using the button a lot more since it now turns the screen on if you have the keyboard open... and also have been using it and then typing for universal search. But yeah, I made a video of this too on that other thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Seems Palm has gotten around to fixing Mojo.Controller.StageController.indicateNewContent(hasNew) woot!

Palm Mojo Framework - Mojo.Controller.StageController
    Yeah, by the time you can get yours, sounds like this thing will be perfect!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I actually have been using the button a lot more since it now turns the screen on if you have the keyboard open... and also have been using it and then typing for universal search. But yeah, I made a video of this too on that other thread.
    Great jobs with the video, love how it pulses when you have notifications. As for the button, I'll never use it, I keep the horror stories of the screen cracking around that button in the back of my mind and I don't want that to happen. Also I got use to the gestures and feel thats very fluid to control the Pre that way.
    Great jobs with the video, love how it pulses when you have notifications. As for the button, I'll never use it, I keep the horror stories of the screen cracking around that button in the back of my mind and I don't want that to happen. Also I got use to the gestures and feel thats very fluid to control the Pre that way.
    wow i didnt know screen started to crack from button. thats scary *****... haha i dont think i have ever used the button except for when people ask me what it does. i am so used to gestures. center button is useless i wish it was a track pad it would make one hand navigation easier.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    wow i didnt know screen started to crack from button. thats scary *****... haha i dont think i have ever used the button except for when people ask me what it does. i am so used to gestures. center button is useless i wish it was a track pad it would make one hand navigation easier.
    Oh it is scary. Granted those are mostly stories from the launch day/early batch release so maybe its not as bad with the newer models. Still I'd rather have the good ol 5 way nav pad from the Treo series. Now thats a one handed system device there.
    Oh it is scary. Granted those are mostly stories from the launch day/early batch release so maybe its not as bad with the newer models. Still I'd rather have the good ol 5 way nav pad from the Treo series. Now thats a one handed system device there.
    mine is from early batch. and it has been perfect in every way shape and form. I must of been one of the few lucky ones.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    Thanks so much.. also nice to see you active again... the email rotation mod.. yours works better than jasons from quick install so do not use his. on his when i try to reply or forward messages or write messages i dont have the white work space it just expands as you write really annoying.
    I'd like to mention my patch code for email mod in particular, is identical. Unfortunately my patcher, is just too primitive to do hacks very well (originally it was just designed for making DevMode visible, lol. Next version will have a much better patcher, based on a stronger patch backend. So, with any luck, my patches should be back upto par with the alternatives next release

On the topic at hand, WebOS 1.2, I hope to get WebOS Quick Install compatible as quick as possible. Considering it's not officially publicly released, that'll give some nice time figure what works and what doesn't.

How does built-in downloading in browser compare to the previous hack?
    I just read in one of the other threads that the alarm ringer is now tied to the regular ringer volume, not the overall volume? Is this true? Because I keep my phone ringer on 0 with a silent ringer so that I don't wake up in the middle of the night, but I have the other volume all the way up for alarms.

Please tell me this isn't the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    I just read in one of the other threads that the alarm ringer is now tied to the regular ringer volume, not the overall volume? Is this true? Because I keep my phone ringer on 0 with a silent ringer so that I don't wake up in the middle of the night, but I have the other volume all the way up for alarms.

Please tell me this isn't the case.

Yes, Alarm ringer is tied to regular ringer volume. The solution for you sounds like it would be turning your ringer switch to off, and turning on the option in Clock to play the alarm sound even when the switch is set that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Yes, Alarm ringer is tied to regular ringer volume. The solution for you sounds like it would be turning your ringer switch to off, and turning on the option in Clock to play the alarm sound even when the switch is set that way.
    Hmm...I guess that'll work. My ringer switch is always off anyway (orange part exposed, I mean...does that mean on?)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    Hmm...I guess that'll work. My ringer switch is always off anyway (orange part exposed, I mean...does that mean on?)
    To the right is off, to the left is on.
    Yeah okay, cool.

Let me ask you this....in 1.1, there's a bit of lag when you get text notifications and the message actually showing up in the text window. Is this still there?
    There is a video showing how it works. It works like this, the full website is usually tiny to display the whole width of the page on the Pre, but if you click in a text area, it will automatically zoom into that area. Much easier than having to pinch, and pinch, and pinch to zoom into the textfield area.
    I meant texarea, as in the text box you type a reply on the forum, not a text field, which is used for login.
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    I meant texarea, as in the text box you type a reply on the forum, not a text field, which is used for login.
    Yeah, it zooms to the left half of it like I mentioned.
    What about moving through days in the calendar? Right now swiping between day views is very slow and pauses between each day. Any improvement?
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    What about moving through days in the calendar? Right now swiping between day views is very slow and pauses between each day.
    I had a feeling someone was going to ask that. With no direct comparison, I can't say for certain. It feels a little bit faster, but there definitely are still pauses.
    If you use the tweaks in the webos quick installer, there is a tweak to forward text.

Quote Originally Posted by hoppy785 View Post
    don't get me wrong im very happy with this phone, but i dont get why they cant toss in stuff like add a launcher page or ability to text forward... just some of the more simple stuff that the people at webos internalz has already accomplished... i mean damn just ask permission to take their hacks if they dont have time to do it their selfs