Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1823242526272829303132 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by weathermaps View Post
    ...well if the pre supported copy/paste in the messaging app, this would get us a lot closer (ie: copy message and paste into new message).
    Unfortunately you can only copy all messages that I can see, not just one, out of SMS/IM. That one disappoints me a little, but it's definitely moving in the right direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by rebirth24 View Post
    Hope it fixes the file system to allow for more App install ....
    +1
    donatom3.... The forwarding of text messages is possible of you use WebOS QuickInstall 2.03 and go into the Tools-->Tweaks menu.... you'll see the checkbox option.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Same message.
    did you guys disable the update daemon like I did? athe updates app won't work after that, I'm assuming app catalog could very well be the sae way.
    Quote Originally Posted by d2globalinc View Post

More as I find em -

All right here http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...tionality.html
    --Marvin
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    did you guys disable the update daemon like I did? athe updates app won't work after that, I'm assuming app catalog could very well be the sae way.
    Yeah, but I was getting that error before I disabled the updateDaemon.
    You can also add this to your list of 1.2 enhancements!

1. Car Kit Options - Looks like palm is adding support for sending items such as contacts to a "Car kit"

2. "Send Contact" option now shows up when you have a contact open. Send to options are Car Kit, MMS, and Emial.

3. Clock Now has additional preference under a "Ring Switch Off" area - "Play Alarm Anyway" on/off button.

4. Calendar now has additional preference setting for "Calendar View Options" to set the color of your calendars and to show them in the "All Calendars" view.

5. Phone settings now have a switch to turn on or off "Data Usage"

More as I find em -
    have you done any research on remaking your howtos for 1.2?
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Yeah, but I was getting that error before I disabled the updateDaemon.
    ahh, I didn't try it before that.
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    Already in the works - New forum post coming soon - I'll redo the ones that aren't listed or are a little different than the ones in WebOS Quick Installer.

Should be started within the hour -

- D2G
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post

correct, if d2global fixes his how tos for 1.2 I will be updating!

d2global: any timeframe on when>?
    Already in the works - New forum post coming soon - I'll redo the ones that aren't listed or are a little different than the ones in WebOS Quick Installer.

Should be started within the hour -

- D2G
    Thanks so much.. also nice to see you active again... the email rotation mod.. yours works better than jasons from quick install so do not use his. on his when i try to reply or forward messages or write messages i dont have the white work space it just expands as you write really annoying.
    MatterOfFactJack
    agreed, d2clinics hack for rotation is better.

However, Jason's forward text is better in the regard that it asks "Do you want to forward" then press green for yes...thats a cool one
    has anyone been able to access the app store using version 1.2
    Hell yeah!! Does it work smoothly?

Can you post the code to which file you commented?

(probably better to start a new thread in developmet)
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelw9 View Post
    1.2 includes disabled code for LED blinking when you have a notification and the screeen is locked.

After I uncommented out some lines in the necessary files, the "Screen and Lock" menu puts the toggle switch as seen here. (Thanks theo for your help). If you have any notications while the screen off, the center LED then blinks smoothly on and off. I guess we can add this as a patch soon.
    Wow that is awesome!!!
    Originally Posted by michaelw9
    1.2 includes disabled code for LED blinking when you have a notification and the screeen is locked.

After I uncommented out some lines in the necessary files, the "Screen and Lock" menu puts the toggle switch as seen here. (Thanks theo for your help). If you have any notications while the screen off, the center LED then blinks smoothly on and off. I guess we can add this as a patch soon.

michaelw9 hasnt updated his post but this works not only for messages but also missed calls... and the blinking will stop as soon as you come out of the lock screen.
    I have the problem where a bunch of my Facebook contacts are missing their picture. Can anyone running 1.2 tell me if that's been fixed?
    Theo, can you post which file you commented for blinking led?

Thanks
    I figured that I've put on enough hacks using "unclean" methods since when I got my Pre, that it could use a cleaning. So I'm doing the 1.2 Doctor now. Might as well have fun along with everyone else.

Might have to manually package and install the IPKs I use from the App Catalog, sounds like. But my most used apps are homebrew.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    I figured that I've put on enough hacks using "unclean" methods since when I got my Pre, that it could use a cleaning. So I'm doing the 1.2 Doctor now. Might as well have fun along with everyone else.

Might have to manually package and install the IPKs I use from the App Catalog, sounds like. But my most used apps are homebrew.
    Well, the apps I already had installed reinstalled fine (and even some of the ones I had deleted months ago got installed as well ), actually, as part of the restore. Just trying to access the App Catalog after that hasn't worked.