Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172223242526272829303132 LastLast
    Code is cleaned up, a lot.

They did a lot with this... its as if they were working on this before 1.1 was released.. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by jauderho View Post
    @theoottesen what is the major change in bluetooth-assistant.jsjsjs?

FWIW, here is the list of what has been removed in 1.2
    gist: 181276 - GitHub
    Not entirely sure, but when palm adds deletes and modifies over 1700 lines of code, they did something. Someone who is more familiar with the code in these files would have to explain what is different.
    Does anybody with 1.2 have Exchange ActiveSync working? It no longer works for me after the update no matter what I do!
    Quote Originally Posted by theoottesen View Post
    Thanks.

Oh and for the ones asking about bluetooth, there is a major change in the bluetooth-assistant.jsjsjs $file$
    Ohhhh I hope that fixes my problem with the SE HBH-DS980! I'm sadden with the music lagging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Hmm someone posted earlier that Quick Install wasn't working with 1.2. Guess I'll try it for myself.

And yeah, to all the people talking about how "risky" and "annoying" all this is: you don't know annoying until you've hacked up an Android kernel to get it running on an old WinMob HTC phone haha. I hope one day the Pre has an awesome dev community like xda-developers.
    Leathal, sounds like you need to come visit us in the #webos-internals IRC channel and chat about the kernel hacking we're doing on the Pre ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Ohhhh I hope that fixes my problem with the SE HBH-DS980! I'm sadden with the music lagging.
    And my car.
    Quick Install IS working in 1.2. I didn't do any hacks but I got Preware installed using it.

Video is uploading now, it'll be on Youtube in another 20 or so, and then the HQ/HD versions should be up a while after that when it's done processing. I think I showed most of the new changes in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Quick Install IS working in 1.2. I didn't do any hacks but I got Preware installed using it.
    I installed all the homebrew apps I used with it, just because it was more convenient than scrolling through filecoaster or preware. Worked just fine.

My thread is up by the way
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Hey Rod are you WebOS Internals geniuses pouring over this stuff for under the hood changes? I've got a suspicious feeling Palm may have changed a lot.
    Well, since I don't personally have a Pre, I can't join in the fun, but reports from others are that (as expected) all of the webos-internals services, plugins and applications are working fine.

Patches are bound to break across webOS .x version changes like this, and it seems about half of them have made it through and the other half are no longer working due to changes in the original applications.

The Virtual Keyboard will need to be updated, cause the framework version has changed. I expect work on that is already underway ;-)

Preware seems to be working fine (as expected).

I would expect WebOS Quick Install to be able to connect to a device with 1.2 on it, but would expect the same amount of tweaks to fail (since most of them are ports of the patches in the webos-internals repository).

As for really under the hood stuff (like the bluetooth changes), people are still looking into it.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    This site should have a wiki capability on theforums that everyone can edit. Slickdeals has this and it is very convenient for long threads like this to be able to get a summary in just one post.
    Alternatively, you could just use the existing wiki:

Main Page - WebOS Internals

Write a page on the wiki, and then just link to it in the first post on the forum. Done.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by moris View Post
    i posted the full list of changed files on post 321, that could help (cant post links yet)
    Alternatively, you could add to the existing page in the wiki:

WebOS Doctor version 1.2.0-0830 - WebOS Internals

Just make sure you don't post any Palm proprietary copyright code on that page. You can point out what has changed, but please don't post diffs of code that you haven't written yourself. Commentary about what has changed (even pointing to line numbers in file names) is perfectly fine.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by theoottesen View Post
    That's what I'm thinking it is. What I'm curious about is corenavi, and throbber????

throbber sounds like maybe they are enabling the led button on the bottom to throb possibly for notifications.... That would be great
    Quote Originally Posted by silversuperman View Post
    throbber sounds like maybe they are enabling the led button on the bottom to throb possibly for notifications.... That would be great
    I missed the led notification when i used to have a blackberry. That would be so cool on the palm pre!!
    Quote Originally Posted by silversuperman View Post
    I tried sending myself an email to see if this is the case, unfortunately there are still no notification lights.
    3 questions:

1. Calendar: speed when swiping between day views?
    2. Music: resume playback after exiting app?
    3. Browser: save pages for offline viewing?

Thanks
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    3 questions:

1. Calendar: speed when swiping between day views?
    2. Music: resume playback after exiting app?
    3. Browser: save pages for offline viewing?

Thanks
    1. Don't use calendar, sorry
    2. Doubt it, Music app hasn't changed versions... still at 1.0. Don't have any music on my Pre to find out either...
    3. No
    is anyone able to access the app store or do you get a message saying that the app store is not available
    Quote Originally Posted by buchkoba00 View Post
    Still trying to figure out why some people are so obsessed with forwarding a text. I've never thought to do that ever.
    I've seriously had the same thought a million times . . . that's about the number of times that I've seen this listed in someone's rant or list of things Palm needs to fix ASAP. It's crazy. I know it has its uses, but I just didn't think it would be so prevalent..
    Last edited by THAANSA3; 09/04/2009 at 11:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    is anyone able to access the app store or do you get a message saying that the app store is not available
    Same message.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    ...well if the pre supported copy/paste in the messaging app, this would get us a lot closer (ie: copy message and paste into new message).

Quote Originally Posted by THAANSA3 View Post
    I've seriously had the same thought a million times . . . that's about the number of times that I've seen this listed in someone's rant or list of things Palm needs to fix ASAP. It's ridiculous.