Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    For those wondering: still 1/100 in Acid3.
    Acid2 won't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Also just noticed, when you screen cap, its now saved as a JPG instead of a PNG.
    I was under the impression that screencaps created both JPG and PNG. I did tell Palm that when deleting a screen cap that *only* the JPG was deleted.
    Mobile photoblog http://post.jauderho.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by jauderho View Post
    Could you run 1.2 through the UA profiler too? UA Profiler

Thanks.
    http://screensnapr.com/u/0r3dv7.png
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    It used to be saved as both. Is it now just the one?
    Maybe thats why it saves 2 of each of each screen cap, I didn't know this Guess I just uploaded the jpg's by chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by jauderho View Post
    I was under the impression that screencaps created both JPG and PNG. I did tell Palm that when deleting a screen cap that *only* the JPG was deleted.
    It still takes both.
    Just in the /usr/palm/applications folder there are 462 new files, 352 removed files, and 3478 modified files. this could get very interesting.
    is m.facebook.com formated right??
    --Marvin
    Can someone post the output for

ipkg list for 1.2?

I've been looking through the list of changes that are only in 1.1.0 here
    WebOS Doctor version 1.2.0-0830 - WebOS Internals

It looks like Palm is going through and removing a whole bunch of palm development utilities and doing a fair bit of cleanup in general.
    Will the space bar move down a page in the browser like the Blackberry browser does?
    Any other keyboard shortcuts in the browser? Thanks again guys for all this info.
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Corenavi is the button on the pre.

They name the LED below it corenavi and the ones to the side left/right navi.
    Thanks.

Oh and for the ones asking about bluetooth, there is a major change in the bluetooth-assistant.jsjsjs $file$
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Any mods to code in your phone need to be undone, or at least should be undone. Not worth bricking irreversably your PRe.
    You simply cannot brick your Pre using homebrew or patches or tweaks.

A trip to the webOS Doctor will always recover it.

To save yourself inconvenience you should remove all patches, tweaks and manual modifications. Applications, Services and Plugins can stay - they do not touch any files that Palm updates. They may or may not work after the update (depending on whether Palm has changed any APIs) but they won't break anything else.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Sadly, it looks like the Pre browser is still missing some key features according to the UA profiler.

See UA Profiler - Results

vs

for the iPhone

UA Profiler - Results
    Ok how about custom sms ringtones? Should i remove MyNotification?
    @theoottesen what is the major change in bluetooth-assistant.jsjsjs?

FWIW, here is the list of what has been removed in 1.2
    gist: 181276 - GitHub
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Video of this stuff in action!
    I suppose I can do that, give me maybe 15 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Video of this stuff in action!
    anyone willing to post a video?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    guys - I DO NOT recommend you install this on a Pre. If you accidentally allow it to "update" to 1.1, IT MAY BRICK YOUR PRE.
    Dieter, please don't use the term "BRICK" (in capitals no less) to mean a Pre that can be simply and easily recovered using the webOS Doctor. It does a disservice to the development community, and spreads unnecessary fear throughout the user community.

A "brick" is something that is unrecoverable by any software means available to the general end user. Palm has gone out of their way to make sure that the Pre cannot be bricked by an end-user.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by theoottesen View Post
    Just in the /usr/palm/applications folder there are 462 new files, 352 removed files, and 3478 modified files. this could get very interesting.
    Code seems to be a lot cleaned up. I thought it was in my head that the phone was operating a lot faster and smoother, but it must be for real. Things are definitely more efficient and the phone works better overall in all programs and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I suppose I can do that, give me maybe 15 minutes.
    Awesome, you da man!