Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Tasks now gives the option to sort in "My Order" (how things were entered), by due date, or priority. Don't remember that before.

Clock gives the option to toggle "Play alarm anyway" with ringer switch off, I know a lot of people complained about that not being possible to disable.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Exchange support seems to be updated, no longer being nagged about unsupported certificates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    This leak was an accident and Palm has already pulled the WebOSDoctor containing 1.2 from their site. Also, you can and will horribly brick your Pre if you let the phone auto-update back to 1.1 from 1.2.
    You cannot brick your phone by doing an OTA update. A trip to the webOS Doctor will recover it, so it is not bricked, just temporarily unresponsive.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by czeitner View Post
    When did these items get added to the Web Os quick installer:
    4x4 icons works, Hiding Nascar and NFL work, Call Duration in Call Log works, changing logos/backgrounds still work, Silencing the dial tones still works, and Add/delete launcher pages works. Thats the stuff I tested(besides PDF Viewer). or am I missing something when in the Quick Installer?

I'm at work now and didn't see these last night.
    I downloaded the Quick Installer today because I didn't have it on my home PC.
  5.    #425  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You cannot brick your phone by doing an OTA update. A trip to the webOS Doctor will recover it, so it is not bricked, just temporarily unresponsive.
    Yeah I know, I was using "brick" as most people seem to use it here, not in the permanent form of the word.

These forums are already filled enough with idiotic threads screeching about how hard it is to install homebrew apps and how it's all the devs fault etc etc, so I tried to scare those jump-without-looking users away from something that has a real potential of disabling their cell phone when they're miles away from a computer.

Hence my next sentence after the one you quoted.
    I hope this isn't the final version of 1.2 because I can safely say that (for me at least) Exchange support is completely broken. I've reinstalled the update from WebOS Doctor 3 times, deleted and readded my accounts multiple times, deleted and readded my certificate multiple times and I cannot for the life of me get this thing to retrieve anything after connecting to my server. It did make me add a PIN saying that my server requires it (even though it doesn't) but it still doesn't work. There are no errors displayed it just refuses to sync anything. Very frustrating and a dealbreaker for me because syncing my mail, contacts and calendar are absolute requirements. Sigh. Oddly, this is the first version of WebOS that hasn't worked with my server. Even the original version worked.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Any updates to the photo uploader? Picasa, setting captions, etc?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsei View Post
    Any updates to the photo uploader? Picasa, setting captions, etc?
    Still only Facebook or Photobucket.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    nope
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Hmm never tried to search in email before. Definitely isn't working in universal search, however typing IN the email app brings up a find-as-you-search thing which is at least searching within sender/subject/message preview. Is that new?
    thx for reporting all the new info, i've got two questions:

1) does email search work on the email content as well, or just the sender and subject line?
    2) does universal search work search within a word instead of just the beginning? for example if an app is called CheezeBurger Network, will typing in "Burger" bring it up? currently it only comes up if you type in "Cheeze" or "Network"
    Don't know if its been mentioned, but Orange+click link in browser gives you 3 options now, Open in New Card, Share Link, and Copy URL, all things I've been wanting since release!
    Hate to repeat myself, but I don't think these have been answered:
    ~do the standard apps load faster?
    ~how well does the e-mail search work?
    ~Is there still a two ring or so delay before the Pre actually rings when someone calls in?

thx.
    Browser can copy like the iphones almost...

http://screensnapr.com/u/yuf04y.png
    http://screensnapr.com/u/wy8ihi.png

Actually really user friendly.. just press shift and click and it will select that line or block of writing/images.

Then you just hold shift and tap anywhere to increase/decrease how far up/down the currently selected is.

Its nice.

The downloading of photos is cool, although i'd like to be able to download .mp3's.

EDIT:

@ronnienyc

1 - they seem to.. i noticed a lot of code was cleaned up just while looking through the camera/browser code, so they should

2 - its pretty snappy.. i like it.

3 - not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    thx for reporting all the new info, i've got two questions:

1) does email search work on the email content as well, or just the sender and subject line?
    2) does universal search work search within a word instead of just the beginning? for example if an app is called CheezeBurger Network, will typing in "Burger" bring it up? currently it only comes up if you type in "Cheeze" or "Network"
    1. From the main email screen, it only searches folders. From all inboxes, or any other folder, it'll search that folder only by sender and subject line.

2. Nope, still only the beginning of each word.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnienyc View Post
    ~Is there still a two ring or so delay before the Pre actually rings when someone calls in?

thx.

1. Yes, but could possibly be because of resetting my phone to do so (I had a ton of modifications).

2. Works well as long as you're fine with subject or sender search.

3. Haven't gotten a phone call since updating yet.
    @jhoff80. bummer :-( i was hoping universal search would be improved. someone in another thread mentioned that the palm rep said to wait for a major update next week and mentioned a bunch of features that have now been confirm by various people on this thread with 1.2

the one item that hasn't been confirmed yet is this "improved universal search" that the rep said is coming next week. have you (or anyone else with 1.2) seen any changes to universal search?
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnienyc View Post

thx.
    Dialer is up nearly instantly, there is no lag between pushing buttons and the number appearing on the screen.
    Browser loads in around 1-2s(though it might change with actual browser history and bookmarks, dunno)
    Messaging app the same(though it might change with more conversations in it)
    Email is also up in roughly 1-2s
    Notifications respond faster to trying to open them, the email client popped right up for me, it was very smooth, very fast.

Email search searches subject lines and senders only, no message body searching yet.

Sprint Nav still takes a bit to load, as does youtube app, maybe 3-4s

docview loads pretty fast, maybe 1-2s

Amazon MP3 1-2s

App catalog 1-2s

Pandora 1-2s

Camera is ready to take a pic between 2-3s, accelerometer picks up orientation changing VERY fast, almost instantly

Photos loads in 2-3s

Music Player 1-2s

Videos 4-5s

Google Maps ~1s

Tasks 2-3s

Memos 2-3s

Clock 2-3s

Contacts 1-2s

Calendar 2-3s

Just called my phone, took 2 rings, then, very quickly the call ID popped up, hit answer, and very very quickly the dialer was up, not even 1 second delay from the time I hit enter to the time the dialer was up.

This update seems to take a serious stab at addressing any speed issues.

BTW, this is ALL at stock clock speed, no scaling or anything. Very good results for 500mhz.
    Along with my original post... copying on the messenger app is so much smoother/easier.

I love this update, can't wait till the real thing hits the clouds.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    1. From the main email screen, it only searches folders. From all inboxes, or any other folder, it'll search that folder only by sender and subject line.

2. Nope, still only the beginning of each word.

1. Yes, but could possibly be because of resetting my phone to do so (I had a ton of modifications).

2. Works well as long as you're fine with subject or sender search.

3. Haven't gotten a phone call since updating yet.
    I loaded all my mods and homebrew apps again(minus cpu scaling) before I did all these tests.
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    Actually really user friendly.. just press shift and click and it will select that line or block of writing/images.

Then you just hold shift and tap anywhere to increase/decrease how far up/down the currently selected is.

Its nice.
    Except you have to select by block, no selecting only a section. But, much better than nothing, that's for sure.

And I actually haven't seen how you can save an image from a site. You can share the image, which attaches it to email, but no saving that I can find... unless maybe there's a .jpg link and not a actual picture on the page.
    Great info Elysan! I do not have my phone her with me, but would someone compare a few of these load times to a 1.0.4 Pre?

ALSO: my question about rings was - does the caller hear two rings BEFORE the Pre even starts audibly ringing?