Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
    Sounds & Ringtones has been updated very minorly, I believe.It used to have a toggle switch for Vibrate on under each section. Instead it seems like they're preparing for future functions there (maybe ascending alerts, etc.), because there's now a drop down list for "Rings & Alerts" that currently has "Sound & Vibrate" and "Sound" within it. Similarly for the ringer switch off section, there's "Vibrate" or "Mute" instead of the vibrate toggle. Same effect, different setup for it (and again, I have to imagine it's for future functionality additions). No different tones for things yet though.
    Another improvement (might've been in 1.1 as well). No more having to manually link AIM contacts to people if you already have that AIM name in the Google profile for them.

... But maybe only for the first listed IM name, because not all got linked.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 09/04/2009 at 07:40 PM.
    To the people who wanted to know about the Sunspider bench, theres an issue... The browser can't finish the test anymore, it stops after the first time through it(or I'd assume its the first time through, I'm not sure if it makes it through or not).
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Not sure if any of these have been mentioned but i've noticed that

> The default Pre Ringtone has changed
    > Text Notifications now include a contact picture
    > Some option menus have been changed slightly
    > Selection frames are smaller (in photos app, anyway)
    > Sprint Nav sound is MUCH clearer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    Do emails come up in a banner notification before they enter a dashboard like they did before 1.1?
    This.

Anyone?
    can anyone test to see if MSN works?
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    can anyone test to see if MSN works?
    There are no new IM clients in this, as was previously mentioned in this thread.
    Any signs of:

Voice Dial?
    Notification(s) - email/text/call while device is in standby?

When I got my Pre couple of weeks after release, I knew it didn't have voice dial, but now coming up on 3 months, I realize how much I miss it..
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allergic View Post
    This.

Anyone?
    No
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Pinch to expand emails has been removed.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Google Talk/Google accounts are considered their own profile in Contacts.app now.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Wow i just noticed that Orange Key + touch to move the cursor is vastly improved and Shift + touch to select editable text selects a word at a time but I think it's WAY too sensitive.

Overall muchhh snappier interface.
    wow looks like alot of new updates
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    theres an updated mojo framework (200.18) on 1.1 it was 191.15
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Now if only get directions could open Sprint Nav instead of Google Maps...
    +1!
    Alright, on the WebOS Quick Installer, I've tested the mods to see which work, and I can tell you which ones not to try:

Don't do anything to the Messager
    Don't do anything to the Email client
    I'm also assuming don't do anything to the PDF Viewer

4x4 icons works, Hiding Nascar and NFL work, Call Duration in Call Log works, changing logos/backgrounds still work, Silencing the dial tones still works, and Add/delete launcher pages works. Thats the stuff I tested(besides PDF Viewer).
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Awesome, sounds like maybe OBEX file transfer is included now.
    Hmm, nope, but it appears to support OPP (Object Push Profile) which I don't remember supported before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    is package manger or inrernalz/FileMgr Service a tweak?
    ?
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    When did these items get added to the Web Os quick installer:

4x4 icons works, Hiding Nascar and NFL work, Call Duration in Call Log works, changing logos/backgrounds still work, Silencing the dial tones still works, and Add/delete launcher pages works. Thats the stuff I tested(besides PDF Viewer).

Am I missing something when in the Quick Installer?

I'm at work now and didn't see these last night.
    Last edited by czeitner; 09/04/2009 at 08:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by chdblz View Post
    i cant even install anything on my pre at all let alone a new version of web os does anyone know why i cant seem to install the homebrew apps on my pre? i followed every step my phone is on dev mode, its on "just charge" i have nova com set up ihave web os quick install i have latest java but when i press install on web os quick install and it does nothing. i followed every step to the t and still nothing can anyone assis me
    you probably have windows vista i had to go in and delete a line in novacom for windows 7 and it worked for me .if you go to the webosquickinstaller guide they have the direction to do this in there.