Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Me either.. I don't think i've ever forwarded a text. Don't really see the reason why I would need to.
    And wouldn't global cut and paste satisfy this requirement?
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harold42483 View Post
    I just had a thought. whose to say this is the finished update. they may add or remove more thing or am i wrong.. isk just a thought
    It's been a couple of hours and I'm already annoyed I don't know when this is coming. It could be today, next week, October..

Still, I like the update. It got a lot of stuff from my basic wish list. I say basic, since most stuff is already found on other phones.. Some newness would be nice as well. :P Additional messenger support (MSN) for example?

Has the cursor problem in the memos app been fixed?
    Ha, I'm a sucker. Even after advising people to just wait a little while when the update comes out, I'm installing it myself. (In my defense, I'd been considering using webOS Doctor to go to 1.1 anyway because of some weird behavior that's been cropping up lately).
    Can someone link the web internals link to disable updates?
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    Can someone link the web internals link to disable updates?
    Blocking Updates - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Tested in OS X 10.6
    Do emails come up in a banner notification before they enter a dashboard like they did before 1.1?
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Quote Originally Posted by wprater View Post
    Tested in OS X 10.6
    Try turning Wifi off first. (Not that I've actually tested this, but people have been confused by that before).
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Try turning Wifi off first. (Not that I've actually tested this, but people have been confused by that before).
    haha! totally. That was it.
    Haven't managed to get any patches working yet, looks like they changed a fair amount in this update. At least all the apps I've tried seem to work okay.
    If i recall correctly, and I could just be way off here, was there not a leak of 1.1 as well? It seems like they "accidentally" made it available and then take it down while they get it ready to be pushed to the masses...maybe it's a rogue engineer who wants his fellow pre-heads in the loop? I could have sworn their was some kinda "leak" or something with 1.1....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Cuts out after THIRTY seconds

So yeah, no go.
    Oh well, thanks for trying.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Must be a beta or RC. There is a Calendar View Options, and when you select it, it's empty. :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    [url= Updates - WebOS Internals[/url]

Thanks, if I disable this, can I still use the update icon and manually update from the pre?
  15.    #395  
    Quote Originally Posted by wprater View Post
    Must be a beta or RC. There is a Calendar View Options, and when you select it, it's empty. :-/
    Not for me, it has my calendar list, color choices, and "display in all calendars"

Thanks, if I disable this, can I still use the update icon and manually update from the pre?
    Doubtful but I don't really want to test it and risk another visit to the doctor haha. You're turning off execute permissions on the updater daemon by following the instructions linked above.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    If i recall correctly, and I could just be way off here, was there not a leak of 1.1 as well? It seems like they "accidentally" made it available and then take it down while they get it ready to be pushed to the masses...maybe it's a rogue engineer who wants his fellow pre-heads in the loop? I could have sworn their was some kinda "leak" or something with 1.1....
    They could be taking on Microsoft's strategy with WinMO updates. They "accidentally" leak beta updates so the masses can do some free testing for them
    I'd say probably not.

But, if you use this leaked version anyway, the best practice would be to re-flash with the official version whenever it comes out anyway, rather than trying to update again.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Not for me, it has my calendar list, color choices, and "display in all calendars"
    Facebook account was botched, must have been causing issues. I removed that account, re-added it and its showing me options now.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Any word on the ability to forward text messages? That's really a bummer for me right now...
    I just tested, it never gets past "Checking for updates...", so you'd have to chmod +x UpdateDaemon to get it to work when 1.2 actually comes out.