Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Any changes within notifications to allow for more customization of text notices, calendar reminders, etc?
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.
  2.    #362  
    Quote Originally Posted by Diviance View Post
    Same as 1.1, 1.0.
    Yes but version numbers on apps that have definitely changed are still sitting at 1.0 in the Device Info app's Software tab so I don't know if you can draw a conclusion off of that. Is there somewhere else to check version numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by allergic View Post
    And sorry if this has been asked already (i think i've read everything in the thread), but can you copy-post non-editable text in applications OTHER THAN the browser? Specifically, in the email and messaging apps?
    Yes you can. It's only pasting unformatted text at this point, but it certainly works.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allergic View Post
    And sorry if this has been asked already (i think i've read everything in the thread), but can you copy-post non-editable text in applications OTHER THAN the browser? Specifically, in the email and messaging apps?
    Yes for email, no for messaging.
    Quote Originally Posted by ASprintGuy View Post
    Any changes within notifications to allow for more customization of text notices, calendar reminders, etc?
    And by notifications i mean sound / vibrate notifications....
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diviance View Post
    Same as 1.1, 1.0.
    The fact that the Bluetooth app is 1.0 really means nothing. That just means that the GUI for changing bluetooth settings hasn't changed. There could be huge under-the-hood changes for Bluetooth without that changing... or there could not.
    I've got root access set up, Preware installed, updates blocked, and terminal working on mine. On-screen keyboard doesn't seem to install with preware, I'll have to look at what error it throws when patching manually. I haven't tried to apply my standard patches yet, we'll see which ones work and which don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppy785 View Post
    don't get me wrong im very happy with this phone, but i dont get why they cant toss in stuff like add a launcher page or ability to text forward... just some of the more simple stuff that the people at webos internalz has already accomplished... i mean damn just ask permission to take their hacks if they dont have time to do it their selfs
    FYI: All patches hosted at webos-internals.org are licensed under the MIT Open Source license, specifically so that Palm could simply take any of the patches, apply them to webOS, and not have to change anything about the licensing of webOS itself. They do not even need to mention webos-internals.org or the patch author in the webOS user documentation.

So we have made it incredibly easy for Palm to include these patches in webOS proper, and we truly hope they will do so.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=Leathal;1870250]1. Doesn't look like it.

2. Send a text to multiple people at once? Sure can. Was that in 1.1, I've never tried.

@#1 .....BASTARDS !!! LOL
    @#2 .....Text multiple people at once is included in 1.1, just cant reply to all..aaargh
    Quote Originally Posted by ogremustcrush View Post
    I've got root access set up, Preware installed, updates blocked, and terminal working on mine. On-screen keyboard doesn't seem to install with preware, I'll have to look at what error it throws when patching manually. I haven't tried to apply my standard patches yet, we'll see which ones work and which don't.
    Virtual Keyboard won't work (it will need an update once the real webOS 1.2 is publicly released, or once Palm decides it would be a good idea to include WebOS Internals in the private beta testing of webOS 1.2) - reports are that the framework version has changed dramatically, and the virtual keyboard is specifically designed to "fail-safe" - i.e. it will refuse to touch any files if they are not precisely (i.e. using md5sum integrity checks) in the form expected.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by jaime7073 View Post
    how about texting, any improvements?

1. Can you forward sms (text)?
    2. Can you add/remove receiptients?
    Pretty sure #2 can be done currently...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    we have made it incredibly easy for Palm to include these patches in webOS proper, and we truly hope they will do so.
    You're not the only one, it's such a pain to have to reapply them every update.
  12.    #372  
    Hey Rod are you WebOS Internals geniuses pouring over this stuff for under the hood changes? I've got a suspicious feeling Palm may have changed a lot.
    Virtual Keyboard won't work (it will need an update once the real webOS 1.2 is publicly released, or [B]once Palm decides it would be a good idea to include WebOS Internals in the private beta testing of webOS 1.2)
    [B]

Man that just seems obvious...Palm play nicely with others!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    There is a "Send all to Car Kit" option in the Contacts Application now.
    Quote Originally Posted by wprater View Post
    There is a "Send all to Car Kit" option in the Contacts Application now.
    Awesome, sounds like maybe OBEX file transfer is included now.
    I just had a thought. whose to say this is the finished update. they may add or remove more thing or am i wrong.. isk just a thought
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Does anyone else's gesture bars light up when you hit the power button to put it to sleep?
    Quote Originally Posted by harold42483 View Post
    I just had a thought. whose to say this is the finished update. they may add or remove more thing or am i wrong.. isk just a thought
    Honestly, 99% chance they're not going to add or remove features before final release of 1.2. There might be bug fixes before then, but this is pretty much it. Think of it as a release candidate.

I don't have any inside info, but logic dictates that's the case.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    transitions are def. snappier!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Now if only get directions could open Sprint Nav instead of Google Maps...
    Dear lord, please yes. Clicking an address should give a drop-down menu: open google maps, route with telenav, and maybe even copy address to clipboard, forward address using email, or forward with messaging. That would be a perfect world. Heck, even just the google maps and Telenav options would be excellent, since you can forward addresses from within
    Telenav anyway.

Which is an excellent off-topic pro-tip for people who have never had Telenav before the Pre, by the way: Under the "Share and More" in Telenav, you can send a text message to anyone with your current location, or any other location that you can search for in Telenav, or any saved location in your phone. And even better, if THEY have Telenav (like my wife does on her pre), one click routes them right to your exact location. Very useful.