Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
  1.    #321  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    What happens if you go here The Mobile Stream Center USA - Listen to United States Radio Stations on your Pocket PC, Palm, iPhone, iPod touch, Smartphone, or other PDA or mobile device via Wi-Fi, GPRS, EDGE or 3G, and click on the link for WEEI? Does it cut out after 15 seconds or does it stream properly? Thanks.
    Cuts out after THIRTY seconds

So yeah, no go.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    -nevermind. someone beat me to it-
    Last edited by nullity; 09/04/2009 at 04:51 PM. Reason: too slow on the draw
    "Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything."
    ~ Kurt Vonnegut
    Leathal,

Thanks for all of your hard work.

If you disable backup, is it still disabled 24 hours later?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    It was posted and then removed because it can be dangerous when the Updates app tries to 'update' to 1.1.
    Really! I just downloaded it.
  5.    #325  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedillume View Post
    Leathal,

Thanks for all of your hard work.

If you disable backup, is it still disabled 24 hours later?
    Eh I'm still debating whether I'm keeping 1.2 or rolling back to 1.1. I like the new features, but I miss my homebrew.

If I keep it overnight I'll check the backup setting for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Really! I just downloaded it.
    Well, that's what I've read. I haven't installed it myself. Honestly to me it's not worth it to have to start from scratch when I can just wait a few days for the official release.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dussyduss View Post
    Clicking the address in 1.1 does launch Google Maps already.
    I believe that 1.1 screwed up the link and although Google Maps would open, it wouldn't go to the contact's address. Hopefully 1.2 fixes that.
    I think more people will do more harm and waste more time trying to find out how to do this and how to do that and "my phone is bricked now what do I do?" instead of just waiting for the "official release", which is obviously coming out very soon.

Maybe it's just me, but wouldn't it be easier to just wait? If it did have everything that everyone (including myself) is wanting, to me the safer option would be to wait for the release. Bricking a phone is no joke, I had a friend who did and sprint would NOT replace it. The tweaks and everything else that I did to my phone is fine for now...again, for ME.

These OS updates is like crack to some of you!! Lol!
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Eh I'm still debating whether I'm keeping 1.2 or rolling back to 1.1. I like the new features, but I miss my homebrew.

What's wrong with homebrew, preware is working fine for me.
    New feature I believe:
    Clicking a contact's address pops Google Maps to that location.
    Not new, just tried on 1.1. Still, didnt knwo that existed!
    I'll wait but it's fun to see what's coming! And no problem for the ones that try it - WebOSDr always to the rescue.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mainevent3405 View Post
    I think more people will do more harm and waste more time trying to find out how to do this and how to do that and "my phone is bricked now what do I do?" instead of just waiting for the "official release", which is obviously coming out very soon.

Maybe it's just me, but wouldn't it be easier to just wait? If it did have everything that everyone (including myself) is wanting, to me the safer option would be to wait for the release. Bricking a phone is no joke, I had a friend who did and sprint would NOT replace it. The tweaks and everything else that I did to my phone is fine for now...again, for ME.

These OS updates is like crack to some of you!! Lol!
    It's VERY difficult to completely brick a Pre. Worst thing that happens is that you put it in recovery mode and re-run webOS Doctor. It's possible, but I doubt it'll happen from this. But, I agree, I have no desire to run webOS Doctor and have to start from scratch.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    I believe that 1.1 screwed up the link and although Google Maps would open, it wouldn't go to the contact's address. Hopefully 1.2 fixes that.
    Hmmm I am able to goto a contacts address directly in GoogleMaps when clicking on their address. Maybe it works only for new addresses you add in 1.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    It's VERY difficult to completely brick a Pre. Worst thing that happens is that you put it in recovery mode and re-run webOS Doctor. It's possible, but I doubt it'll happen from this. But, I agree, I have no desire to run webOS Doctor and have to start from scratch.
    I understand but everything that was already done to it, all the tweaks and everything else would be wiped out if I had to resort to webos doc. With the add ons, homebrew apps, and tweaks, mine is just fine until the official release. It just makes more sense to me to wait for the offical release.

I dont know how hard it is to brick, but my boy totally wiped his out and webdoc could not restore it.

Again, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by mainevent3405 View Post
    I understand but everything that was already done to it, all the tweaks and everything else would be wiped out if I had to resort to webos doc. With the add ons, homebrew apps, and tweaks, it just makes more sense to me to wait for the offical release.

Again, IMO.
    Man if you ever had to deal with tweaks and program installs on new Windows mobile roms you wouldn't even be complaining about the Pre Process.
  16.    #336  
    Quote Originally Posted by tozfeekum View Post
    What's wrong with homebrew, preware is working fine for me.
    Hmm someone posted earlier that Quick Install wasn't working with 1.2. Guess I'll try it for myself.

And yeah, to all the people talking about how "risky" and "annoying" all this is: you don't know annoying until you've hacked up an Android kernel to get it running on an old WinMob HTC phone haha. I hope one day the Pre has an awesome dev community like xda-developers.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Hmm someone posted earlier that Quick Install wasn't working with 1.2. Guess I'll try it for myself.

And yeah, to all the people talking about how "risky" and "annoying" all this is: you don't know annoying until you've hacked up an Android kernel to get it running on an old WinMob HTC phone haha. I hope one day the Pre has an awesome dev community like xda-developers.
    You'll run into that if your Pre detects the 1.1 "update" before you can install Preware/Filecoaster - seems the updater blocks NovaCom use, probably to keep people from dodging updates. As long as you connect up and install the app installer of your choice before you get prompted for 1.1, you'll be fine.

Thank you so much for your consideration.
  19.    #339  
    Quote Originally Posted by Libb View Post
    You'll run into that if your Pre detects the 1.1 "update" before you can install Preware/Filecoaster - seems the updater blocks NovaCom use, probably to keep people from dodging updates. As long as you connect up and install the app installer of your choice before you get prompted for 1.1, you'll be fine.
    Sure enough!

Looks like I'm keeping 1.2 on here for at least the next day or so. It may not have any earth shattering new features, but I like what they added.
    Sure enough!

Looks like I'm keeping 1.2 on here for at least the next day or so. It may not have any earth shattering new features, but I like what they added.
    Copy and paste and email search are earth shattering.

This update went from "disable data" great to **** YEA!