Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
  1.    #301  
    Quote Originally Posted by chdblz View Post
    i cant even install anything on my pre at all let alone a new version of web os does anyone know why i cant seem to install the homebrew apps on my pre? i followed every step my phone is on dev mode, its on "just charge" i have nova com set up ihave web os quick install i have latest java but when i press install on web os quick install and it does nothing. i followed every step to the t and still nothing can anyone assis me
    install linux, problem solved

Back on topic: Send all to car kit is in the drop down contacts menu right under Edit. Seems to be fairly self-explanatory and I wouldn't assume it auto-syncs. Can't test it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtkansan View Post
    Has anyone posted a download link yet? I cant seem to find it by searching the forums and I want to try this out.
    It was posted and then removed because it can be dangerous when the Updates app tries to 'update' to 1.1.
    can anone tell me why when i clck install o web os quick install nothing happens i followed every step
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    install linux, problem solved

Back on topic: Send all to car kit is in the drop down contacts menu right under Edit. Seems to be fairly self-explanatory and I wouldn't assume it auto-syncs. Can't test it though.
    My Pre has auto synced the address book with my car on each sync since 1.0.1. I hope they didn't take that out.
    Cant we just root into the phone and disable the 'update' back to 1.1? Does anyone know a way to do so?
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    What happens if you go here The Mobile Stream Center USA - Listen to United States Radio Stations on your Pocket PC, Palm, iPhone, iPod touch, Smartphone, or other PDA or mobile device via Wi-Fi, GPRS, EDGE or 3G, and click on the link for WEEI? Does it cut out after 15 seconds or does it stream properly? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by buchkoba00 View Post
    Still trying to figure out why some people are so obsessed with forwarding a text. I've never thought to do that ever.
    It comes in handy when your trying to throw a party, or if you come across information that you know other people would like to have...
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chdblz View Post
    can anone tell me why when i clck install o web os quick install nothing happens i followed every step
    Please stop spamming this thread, which is for documenting changes in the leaked version of OS 1.2 Please use the SEARCH function to find answers related to your question, if you believe you have a totally unique problem, please ask it in an appropriate forum.
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter
  9.    #309  
    Stickin around for another half hour or so to take any more questions about 1.2, then I'm headin outside before the thread devolves into more of the inevitable How I Push Butan?!? crap haha.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Interesting - Before when I had fresh starts on my Pre (one time Doctor, two replacement units), I had to reenter my Pandora login info - this time, I tapped the Pandora button and it launched directly to my station list. Are they expanding what they save in the Palm Profile?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    What happens if you go here The Mobile Stream Center USA - Listen to United States Radio Stations on your Pocket PC, Palm, iPhone, iPod touch, Smartphone, or other PDA or mobile device via Wi-Fi, GPRS, EDGE or 3G[/url], and click on the link for WEEI? Does it cut out after 15 seconds or does it stream properly? Thanks.
    Yes, I'm also waiting to see if 1.2 will let me stream from Stream Center.
    OK, so it now boots in under 2 min, is that correct? Also, do the standard apps launch any faster? Also, do you have any more info yet on what is being searched within the e-mail app? You start typing someone's name and only e-mails showing that name are presented?
    Thanks a bunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Libb View Post
    Interesting - Before when I had fresh starts on my Pre (one time Doctor, two replacement units), I had to reenter my Pandora login info - this time, I tapped the Pandora button and it launched directly to my station list. Are they expanding what they save in the Palm Profile?
    That would be really cool if it was. I don't want to do any total resets of my phone cause it takes too long to set it back up.
  14.    #314  
    New feature I believe:
    Clicking a contact's address pops Google Maps to that location.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    What happens if you go here The Mobile Stream Center USA - Listen to United States Radio Stations on your Pocket PC, Palm, iPhone, iPod touch, Smartphone, or other PDA or mobile device via Wi-Fi, GPRS, EDGE or 3G, and click on the link for WEEI? Does it cut out after 15 seconds or does it stream properly? Thanks.

Yes this is critical please let us know!!! Otherwise forget about listening to ClearChannel AM/FM radio stations, this is why so many are waiting for Kinoma...
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    From what I'm hearing so far, even when it comes out, it doen't sound like it will be worth loosing and having to redo all my mods. It sounds like a weak update.....if this is really it....which I have my doubts
    Obviously that's a subjective statement. I think it sounds like a pretty significant update to me.

+ email searching
    + copy-paste of uneditable text
    + ability to purchase apps from the app store
    + downloading support in web browser

Sure I would have loved them to add text message forwarding (still something we can mod to fix), video recording (more a frill imho), and to improve the music player to include a scrubber (can install homebrewn Music Player Remix as a workaround), but this is a great start. Certainly worth a release. The first two items I listed above are arguably the biggest omissions in the phone, so most users will be more than happy with this update.
    Did they fix the dreaded "oreo twist" in this update?
    Sorry - i just had to ask.
    Please try to keep lookin for virtual keyboard n let us know.
    - Thanx
    New feature I believe:
    Cool.

Can you control who's linked with the Facebook or AIM accounts? Perhaps delete individual Facebook contacts or gmail contacts?

Also, do you have a Touchstone? Could you see if there's a way to turn off the screen when docked?

I'm curious if other options appear when scanning through the "screen & lock", and "sound & ringtones"?
    New feature I believe:

Clicking the address in 1.1 does launch Google Maps already.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    a list of new, deleted and modified files from webosdoctor sprint.76.143 to sprint.100.166
    megaupload dot com/ ?d=1FSI4AMP