Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrucialTK View Post
    Again, can anyone confirm that the hole was actually plugged?
    That's what she said!
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Any form of search in the calendar?

Can someone describe the behavior when you perform a PRL update from the phone app preferences?

Also, and this is a little more involved, can someone forward an E-mail and copy the header information the Pre sends out? Does it include the E-mail address of the original sender? See this thread for more details...
  3.    #263  
    Running SunSpider benchmark test now for the guy who asked, I'll check if you can copy uneditable text when it's complete.

Edit: No search in the calendar, as least as far as I could tell. No menu option and find-as-you-type ala the new email feature wasn't present. Not sure about universal search; I'll check but I wouldn't get your hopes up.
    Anybody try to get root access yet? If you can manage to doctor it without it being able to poll the update server, its pretty easy to disable updating: Blocking Updates - WebOS Internals.
    Quote Originally Posted by nohatter View Post
    copy uneditable text?
    There is a select all part in the web browser now. So you can highlight a whole web page, not sure if you can highlight only portions though.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    The phone app has definetly changed, i'm comparing it to a pre with 1.1 on it. After the voicemail + call history buttons there is no more space. They've increased the size of the dial pad! They've also lowered the volume of the beep when a number is pressed in the dial pad
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BBossman1 View Post
    Ever seen the feeding frenzy when an HTC WinMo ROM gets leaked?
    In all fairness, with WinMo the delay between a leak and release can be as long as 3-6 months, given all the carriers and devices.
  8.    #268  
    SunSpider seems to time out when running the second test; gave up after a few tries reloading it.

You CAN copy uneditable text, however images and formatting don't come along with it. Tried pasting in both Notes and Evernote so I have no idea if it's a clipboard limitation or just the apps themselves haven't been updated to support rich copy and pasting.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Totally random/inconsequential, but any new clock themes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Anchors as in < a href=#foo >?
    Yes, that is what I mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by tozfeekum View Post
    The phone app has definetly changed, i'm comparing it to a pre with 1.1 on it. After the voicemail + call history buttons there is no more space. They've increased the size of the dial pad! They've also lowered the volume of the beep when a number is pressed in the dial pad

Does it change the speed of the actual app (Corrects excess lag answering/hanging up phone calls)?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  12.    #272  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrbelex View Post
    Totally random/inconsequential, but any new clock themes?
    Nope, didn't even unlock the "hidden" clock theme.

I'm beginning to think the OS is indeed faster and more responsive with this update; I'm opening up several Web cards and there's no slowdown at all. Usually I get a slight jerky animation when opening the launcher when I have that many cards open, but it's smooth as Mike Tyson's head in 1.2.

Still probably the placebo effect though haha.

Edit: As long as I'm posting impressions, it seems like battery life is unchanged but my phone isn't switching towers/signal strength fluctuating as much anymore. Take it with a grain of salt however.
    Quote Originally Posted by nohatter View Post
    copy uneditable text?
    Quote Originally Posted by leathal View Post
    you can copy uneditable text...
    awesome
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Still probably the placebo effect though haha.
    or the reboot effect
    Last edited by rlopin; 09/04/2009 at 04:05 PM. Reason: added quote
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Are there any improvements in the browser overall? Does the gmail mobile website work properly (archiving, deleting, etc)? Also on x.facebook.com, does the scrolling work properly (it used to jump below the page and show a white screen, and you have to scroll back up again).
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    No new advanced gestures, correct? Does RocknRollHax still work?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    just found you can add linkedin account under contacts now
    just to be more accurate about that copying of uneditable text, i mean can you highlight and copy a partition of uneditable text from any given website, document etc?
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Any way to download .mp3s or music files out of the streaming music card (also, what happens if you orange click a link to a .mp3)?

Is there a scrubber (slider selection bar) in the music app?
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tozfeekum View Post
    Try calling your phone from another phone. In 1.1, if you accidentally hit the name of the contact while picking up the phone, it goes to contacts and you can't answer the phone. Does it still do this? They need to dump that 'feature'.