Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    Not possible to install onto the emulator because the emulator uses a x86 build of webOS and the Pre itself is ARM.
    So all you have to do is uncheck the tweaks and let the phone reboot before updating to 1.2?

What happens if you take off the add pages tweak and you have 5 pages full of icons? Do they just cram into the 3 pages again? Or do you lose the icons somehow?
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Still looking for changes.
    Can you check and see if html anchors work in the web browser yet?? Please please?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    So all you have to do is uncheck the tweaks and let the phone reboot before updating to 1.2?

What happens if you take off the add pages tweak and you have 5 pages full of icons? Do they just cram into the 3 pages again? Or do you lose the icons somehow?
    I believe they will cram onto the remaining page. I tested it previously with a new page that had one app and it just moved it.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I think the phone app has been changed a bit. There is a new "add to contacts button" on the bottom in dialer when you have a number typed in!

GUYS!! DOwnloading in browser is now enableD!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post

If you're using webOS Doctor to update, then first of all, everything on your phone gets overwritten.

But, when the actual update comes out, what will happen is that it'll overwrite any modifications that you may have made (if there's a new version of that file). When it overwrites the launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $that$ $has$ $the$ $add$/$delete$ $pages$ $tweak$, $for$ $example$, $you$ $won$'$t$ $lose$ $any$ $of$ $your$ $pages$, $you$'$ll$ $just$ $lose$ $the$ $ability$ $to$ $add$ $or$ $delete$ $pages$.
    Quote Originally Posted by tozfeekum View Post
    I think the phone app has been changed a bit. There is a new "add to contacts button" on the bottom in dialer when you have a number typed in!

Add to contacts is in, 1.1
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    From what I'm hearing so far, even when it comes out, it doen't sound like it will be worth loosing and having to redo all my mods. It sounds like a weak update.....if this is really it....which I have my doubts
  9.    #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    Can you check and see if html anchors work in the web browser yet?? Please please?
    Anchors as in < a href=#foo >? Gimme a second, just got back from class but I'll check soon as I toss some food on the stove and crack a celebratory long weekend beer haha. To followup on some earlier questions: I tried every app that didn't have landscape mode, and they're all still the same as 1.1 as far as that goes.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    The add to contact button on the phone dialer always been there.

Add to contacts button is not new, I have it on 1.1. Although the downloading is cool!
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Also When you click on a text field in the browser it automatically zooms in
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    How about PDFs out of the browser, not E-mail?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugefunk84 View Post
    Add to contacts button is not new, I have it on 1.1. Although the downloading is cool!
    Wait can I now save pictures from web pages as well?
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Also When you click on a text field in the browser it automatically zooms in
    nice
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    YES, orange + click on the image brings up a new menu:

open in new card
    share link
    copy url
    share image
    copy to photos
    YES, orange + click on the image brings up a new menu:

open in new card
    share link
    copy url
    share image
    copy to photos
    Oh WOW!!!! Now do I wait for the official release or download now and have a forced brick in 7 days when the phone makes it install the 1.1 update.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Yeah, sorry, mine was an obscure movie reference.
    Not that obscure... Mrs. White in the Den with a Candlestick.
  19.    #259  
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    To followup, I went to this page and it doesn't seem to work unfortunately. Feel free to link me to another page you'd like to try.

Edit: Downloading pdfs works! Thanks IRS for being the first *.pdf result in Google.
    copy uneditable text?