Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Diviance View Post
    It isn't 1.2, it is the fact it wants to update. It stops USB mode or something.

And there is nothing wrong with my cable or usb port, as rebooting the phone and holding the Volume Up button it recognizes the phone perfectly fine.
    Anyone else try please.
    Have you tried running quickinstall in airplane mode?
    How can you use this 1.2 jar file with the emulator to test it out without actually flashing the phone? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    There is a deleted folder.
    LoL...seriously...image trying to delete 40 emails and having to hit delete to confirm each one...
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I went back to 1.1 to await the actual release of it. The update popping up annoyed the hell out of me.
    The phone now boots in 1:45, not too shabby...
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaS27 View Post
    LoL...seriously...image trying to delete 40 emails and having to hit delete to confirm each one...
    you don't have to. swipe one and you see the prompt, swipe the next and the first one automatically gets deleted.

rinse, repeat. works the same in the messenger app.

it's a much needed (default) feature in the email app.
    sounds underwhelming to me.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Hey, you're the one whose been keeping track of SunSpider benchmarks with the various WebOS versions. Glad to hear you got your hands on 1.2. To recap your work in advance of the benchmark I'm sure you'll soon run:

1.0.2 - 48s
    1.0.3 - 44s
    1.0.4 - 40s
    1.1 - 34s
    "Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything."
    ~ Kurt Vonnegut
    how do I use the jar file with emulator? Anyone please
    Quote Originally Posted by go4craig View Post
    Nope. Nothing new in camera.
    Craig, can you check and see if "anchors" are working in the web browser? This is one that I have reported to Palm and they said they're working on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Nice... that there is almost reason enough to install. How about the web browser? Mine is somewhat slow in responding to orientation changes... any improvements with that?
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    you don't have to. swipe one and you see the prompt, swipe the next and the first one automatically gets deleted.

rinse, repeat. works the same in the messenger app.

it's a much needed (default) feature in the email app.

Really? Like mentioned, there is a delete folder... I can see it happening in the IM app because there is no way to retrieve, hence the confirmation reason for not being able to get it back.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    sounds underwhelming to me.
    Lets wait for the official release. We can't very well knock Palm for a weak release that they haven't actually released.
    Quote Originally Posted by buchkoba00 View Post
    Still trying to figure out why some people are so obsessed with forwarding a text. I've never thought to do that ever.
    I do it all the time.

After I've sent a message, then realize I want to share what I said with another person, but do not want to retype it.

When someone sends me something funny or interesting that I think another friend would appreciate.

Etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaS27 View Post
    You don't have to hit the button to confirm each one, you can just continue swiping and the only one you'll have to confirm is the last one, like on all webOS lists.

Even if 1.2 doesn't add confirm deletion on emails, it's ridiculously simple to modify the file to set that up, all you have to do is change disable to enable or something like that, it's on the webOS-internals page.
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    how do I use the jar file with emulator? Anyone please
    I dont have any personal experience, but as some have said, you just replace the existing .jar file your emulator runs with the new one.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    How can you use this 1.2 jar file with the emulator to test it out without actually flashing the phone? Thanks!
    I thought you could, but as I've been digging around and messing with this, it is a non-trivial matter unfortunately.

Instead, I'm focusing my time, for the immediate moment, to peruse the various system files.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugefunk84 View Post
    I dont have any personal experience, but as some have said, you just replace the existing .jar file your emulator runs with the new one.
    And I was wrong, oops.
    I'm having to re-install it. I installed the "stable" cpu scaling, and the phone freezes as soon as it blinks into Luna. Its probable that the files the cpu scaling app uses to work were modified, and causing the lockup.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Well hopefully there is going to be much more added to the official release then what we are hearing here. I hope there will be more to it actually, if not then it will seem like a bust for them to send a update out like this with so many little things added to it. I hope they wait and add all the goodies that have been mentioned in rumors about what is to be in the next update. Just my opinion is all.