Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I'm sure someone else must have posted about this, but I did a search and couldn't find anything...

Has anyone else noticed that when you're USB charging off a computer, with the keyboard open, that the touch screen doesn't work properly? I'll touch in one spot, but it registers the touch somewhere else on the screen.

It happens consistently when USB charging, with the keyboard open.

EDIT: It happens when charging, with the keyboard closed, too. Unplug it, and the touchscreen works fine.

Suggestions??
    Last edited by tben339; 09/04/2009 at 03:58 AM.
    I noticed this when charging my phone a couple of nights ago. I also had the keyboard open, but I was charging from a power strip with the delivered cable. Screen started going nuts, registering phantom touches, not responding to my touches. Kept doing that for about a day on and off until I charged the phone again, same way as before but keyboard closed. Now it seems okay...for the time being.
  3. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I've had this happen 2 or 3 times. It is remedied by a soft reset.
  4. skp
    Are you using the charger that came with the phone? I had this problem when I had a G1 and used 3rd party chargers. I'm guessing it had something to do with the amount of power the charger was putting out.