1.    #1  
    I find that two features are missing that really bother me:

1. In the "Recent Calls" list, no details (duration or actual numeric numbers for contacts) can be shown. Often times I really need to look up which number my friends called me with...

2. When calling a 9 digit number, no state info corresponding to the area code is available.

I think these are not hard to implement while really useful for some, if not all.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by imgeorgelin View Post

1. In the "Recent Calls" list, no details (duration or actual numeric numbers for contacts) can be shown. Often times I really need to look up which number my friends called me with...

2. When calling a 9 digit number, no state info corresponding to the area code is available.

I think these are not hard to implement while really useful for some, if not all.
    The second one would be nice to have, but I've never had a phone that did it so I'm used to not having it. But I hate getting calls and not knowing where they are from. The first one doesn't bother me as much, but I can understand how it would be useful.
  3.    #3  
    My old and free Samsung M300 has it, which makes me think it's just wrong to not have it....

Quote Originally Posted by pathymo View Post
    The second one would be nice to have, but I've never had a phone that did it so I'm used to not having it. But I hate getting calls and not knowing where they are from. The first one doesn't bother me as much, but I can understand how it would be useful.
    There are several low points in the current phone app. The typical shortcut convience of it is obvious as soon as you want to phone anyone. i.e. whip it out and press one key to call home. Should be as simple as flicking the phone open and touching a pic on the screen.

Instead we need an APP for that. to be honest tho, I'm fully expecting a decent upgrade to a lot of the functionality as well as a huge dent in the bugs in version 1.2 of the WebOS. Add the apps coming online for it and it should cover a decent wack of the shortcomings.

If they can squeeze in actual upgrades on top of that (i.e. video & editing) then WOW!

Here's hoping.

#2 is easily available in the webos development section of this site. Once you have root access in terminal, it's a simple copy and paste, and it works perfectly. Look for the HOWTO by d2globalinc.

#1 I can see how it could be mildly annoying at times, but it's never bothered me personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPre View Post
    There are several low points in the current phone app. The typical shortcut convience of it is obvious as soon as you want to phone anyone. i.e. whip it out and press one key to call home. Should be as simple as flicking the phone open and touching a pic on the screen.
    It is as simple as flicking the phone open and hitting one key.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    It is as simple as flicking the phone open and hitting one key.
    LOL. You and i would agree. But i still say you'd be surprised by how many WANT to swipe, tap, see that picture to tap on. This is part of the experience for them.
    I gotta tell ya, this phone app drives me crazy. I agree with both points in the original post, but I have so much more that needs to be fixed!

When scrolling, the damn thing is so choppy and delayed it's unbelievable. Also, after scrolling a few times, all of a sudden there are missing entries, just green blocks where the caller info should be! WTF! I've been complaining about the phone app since I had the Pre.

I had the Instinct s30 for 3 weeks before getting the Pre, and it had the best phone app I've ever used. It responded instantly to scrolling with no delay and it wasn't choppy at all. Also, it didn't show the number you dialed 15 times if that's how many times in a row you dialed it. Instead, it would show the number once, and if you tapped it, it would take you to another screen where you had the option to 'call' or 'view history' and its in the view history file that listed all of the times that number was called and called you, as well as the time of each call and I think the duration as well. How cool is that? That's what this phone should have.

What Palm should do is let you swipe to the right or the left on the number, and have an option to view history next to the cancel and delete icons.

I don't know, lately the Pre has been pissing me off with other glitches as well. There is such a lag since 1.1. It's no longer smooth like it was when switching between open apps. Thanks for letting me vent.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Welcome to two months ago.

then you do it
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Welcome to two months ago.
    Thanks for inviting me.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    A 9 digit number? I didn't think you can call 9 digits numbers.
    Follow Me On

Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    I gotta tell ya, this phone app drives me crazy. I agree with both points in the original post, but I have so much more that needs to be fixed!

When scrolling, the damn thing is so choppy and delayed it's unbelievable. Also, after scrolling a few times, all of a sudden there are missing entries, just green blocks where the caller info should be! WTF! I've been complaining about the phone app since I had the Pre.

I had the Instinct s30 for 3 weeks before getting the Pre, and it had the best phone app I've ever used. It responded instantly to scrolling with no delay and it wasn't choppy at all. Also, it didn't show the number you dialed 15 times if that's how many times in a row you dialed it. Instead, it would show the number once, and if you tapped it, it would take you to another screen where you had the option to 'call' or 'view history' and its in the view history file that listed all of the times that number was called and called you, as well as the time of each call and I think the duration as well. How cool is that? That's what this phone should have.

What Palm should do is let you swipe to the right or the left on the number, and have an option to view history next to the cancel and delete icons.

I don't know, lately the Pre has been pissing me off with other glitches as well. There is such a lag since 1.1. It's no longer smooth like it was when switching between open apps. Thanks for letting me vent.
    If the Instinct was/is so wonderful why don't you go back to that? I don't get the complaints when no one is forcing the people to stay with the Pre. If it doesn't work for you then get something else. No one phone is going to please everyone.

I had the Instinct and it was the worst phone I've ever had and I've had several.
    Why so hypersensitive? If you like 90% of the features of your phone but the remaining 10% is full of goofy exclusions that far crappier phones have, why not express your disappointment?
  15.    #15  
    Apparently I wanted to say 10 and screwed up counting....

Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    A 9 digit number? I didn't think you can call 9 digits numbers.