1.    #1  
    my phone was working fine for a month now that i have had it, but its was going slow so i turned it off and now it wont turn back on?!? any people experience this with any fixes? its really strange. its pluged into the charger as well and i have tried taking the battery out. the only thing i had done was tweaks from webos quick install! im sol is my guess..
    How much juice you have left on the battery? Your battery might just be dead. The Pre needs at least 4% of juice in order to boot up....just plug it in the wall charger for 15 minutes or so.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by SundayDuffer View Post
    How much juice you have left on the battery? Your batter might just be dead. The Pre needs at least 4% of juice in order to boot up....just plug it in the wall charger for 15 minutes or so.
    it was zero then it was pluged in got to about 8 turned it off because like i said was going slow and then it wont come back its been pluged in for more then 15 min now, i dont think its the low battery i have noticed that and i dont think this is doing that. plus it was working fine with webos quick install tweaks as well, so im not saying its because of that i was just giving more info.
    give it a bit more time of charging....if still doesnt work...perhaps time to visit the WebOS Dr.
    Stevo: The same thing happened to me. Did you try to unplug the battery and plug it back in?

I'd also keep it plugged in overnight, and then see.

My problem ended with a trip to best buy to send away to be fixed. Hope yours goes eaiser.
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
  6.    #6  
    cant do webos dr if the thing wont turn on though right?
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo101 View Post
    cant do webos dr if the thing wont turn on though right?

try this....

1) Remove the battery
    2) Press and hold the volume up button
    3) Plug the USB charging cable into the wall charger, and insert the USB cable into the Pre.(you will see a picture of a battery and a question mark at this point)
    4) Insert the battery.
    5) Release the volume up button.

At this point, you will see a full-screen "USB" symbol, instead of the normal small USB symbol over a picture of the Pre. DO NOT CONNECT THE PRE TO YOUR PC YET. Once the webOS Doctor asks you to plug in the Pre, take the USB cable out of the wall charger, and plug it into your USB port on the PC. The "Found New Hardware" wizard will run, installing "Novacom" drivers. After that completes, the "Next" button will light up in webOS Doctor, and allow you to finish repairing your device.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjshedwick View Post
    Stevo: The same thing happened to me. Did you try to unplug the battery and plug it back in?

I'd also keep it plugged in overnight, and then see.

My problem ended with a trip to best buy to send away to be fixed. Hope yours goes eaiser.
    the bad thing is i got mine from sprint and i canceled my warranty thing cuz i didnt think i would need it. and now its as dead as it gets. and if they do turn it on they prob wont like that its tweaked.
    Two things we can assess from this right?

One...if it was the battery problem..worse case..buy another battery...$24bucks or so.

Two... if it is "bricked"...WebOS Doc and fix it.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by SundayDuffer View Post
    Two things we can assess from this right?

One...if it was the battery problem..worse case..buy another battery...$24bucks or so.

Two... if it is "bricked"...WebOS Doc and fix it.
    no its doing something now i thought it was tottaly dead, because i wouldnt even get the plug sign or the battery dead thing! but those steps worked that you gave me thank you!!! so good with only 100 post! god bless you brother! that was really strange it hadnt ever done that before!! the strange thing also its got 16% now that its on.. plus its got seido battery.thank you kindly
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo101 View Post
    no its doing something now i thought it was tottaly dead, because i wouldnt even get the plug sign or the battery dead thing! but those steps worked that you gave me thank you!!! so good with only 100 post! god bless you brother! that was really strange it hadnt ever done that before!! the strange thing also its got 16% now that its on.. plus its got seido battery.thank you kindly
    Woot Woot !!!!! told you not to worry...hihihihi.

btw, i was with the iPhone since day1..and i tweaked the heck out of that iphone...im so used to mess around tweakings... with no worries.