1.    #1  
    Ok, Just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone. My name is NinjaMom on most sites, but someone here already had it. Please forgive me if I accidently type NinjaMom. SO, on here I will be Mom2Ninjas. LOL

I am a moderator over at PPCgeeks.com, but I have grown bored with my touch pro and wanted to try something new. My husband, Katdaddy, got a pre a couple of months ago. He has done nothing but bragging about his phone and this site. So, I thought I would give them both a try and just got done ordering my Pre.

I will be keeping my pro... and working on tweaks and stuff for it while I learn more about the PRE and use it as my everyday phone for awhile.

Things I am going to be searching on soon... Are using excel documents with the pre.... and getting mail2web to work with the pre.

What searching I have done so far have not yielded anything concrete...but I was bouncing around on all the info I saw while I was waiting to press the complete purchase button! LOL

Any old Sprint Touch Pro users on here that would like to give me their opinions on both... Please do.

Can't wait to get to know more of you and learn more about this phone as well.
    Came from a Mogul, Night and Day experience. + for the Pre
  3. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    You should be able to view your Excel documents by using DocView;

And you should be able to add your mail2web account through Preferences and Accounts in the email client.
    i came from a touch pro, windows mobile is garbage compared to webos.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Had a mogul and touch pro windows mobile was ok but webos and the pre are wayyyy better.
    Apache-->755p-->Mogul-->Pre-->TP2-->Hero--->PRE!!!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Only a few days in myself from the Touch Pro and already really enjoying the simplicity plus clean looking and not windows 3.1 looking apps.
    Hiya Ninja. You may have seem my posts over on ppcgeeks TP area. Compusmurf. I switched to the Pre. It was a tough jump for me since I've used Win Mo since it was called a Palm PC. Thats like 12 years of experience and software from PPC/WinMo. I found the Pre had NO learning curve. Funny folks talk about "lack of battery life" on the pre.

Um, you all don't know what your missing. try the battery life on the TPro. hahahahaha..

I was considering the TPro 2 but something about the pre kept calling to me I have 3 days left on my 30 day return and I think I'll be keeping it... I do miss all the software that was available for my Tpro tho. Some of that software has been darn hard to live without.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Compusmurf View Post
    Hiya Ninja. You may have seem my posts over on ppcgeeks TP area. Compusmurf. I switched to the Pre. It was a tough jump for me since I've used Win Mo since it was called a Palm PC. Thats like 12 years of experience and software from PPC/WinMo. I found the Pre had NO learning curve. Funny folks talk about "lack of battery life" on the pre.

Um, you all don't know what your missing. try the battery life on the TPro. hahahahaha..

I was considering the TPro 2 but something about the pre kept calling to me I have 3 days left on my 30 day return and I think I'll be keeping it... I do miss all the software that was available for my Tpro tho. Some of that software has been darn hard to live without.
    I do recognize you... I still have my Pro... Will be using it for a test phone...Working on ROMs and such... Easier to do that when I have something else to use as my everyday phone...Yeah... The Pro's battery is A THOUSAND times worse than the Pres... My hubby's phone last a lot longer than my Pro does on a day when I am not really using my phone.

So, I will still be over at ppcgeeks working with Pro stuff... but as you can see I am here also.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    My Pre arrived today, I came over from an HTC Touch, before that a Mogul and before that a Samsung i730. One of the things I like about the Pre is like the i730 it has a portrait oriented keyboard. I missed that about the Samsung.

I'm just beginning to get this set up, but so far I need to agree with Compusmurf, so far no learning curve and just a couple more gestures than TouchFlo.

I like it so much that I just dropped the hammer on a dual TouchStone and a holster.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Hi Ninjamom, I frequent ppcgeeks mainly lurking (same as here). I typically don't post because I spend so much time reading. I have owned the BB8830, Apache, Mogul and TP (loved cooking roms) units on Sprint. I have also owned both the 600 and 650 Treos. Now I own a Pre. It is a night and day experience from a BB(overly simplistic) and leaps and bounds over WINMO5 - 6.5 (stagnant). I don't mind the minuscule issues with the early firmware revs in the Pre. It is the best out of the box phone I have ever used.

The battery isn't that bad when compared to the Touch Pro nor the HEAT factor for that matter. I have been enjoying this phone more than I ever though I would. I did my research but honestly only bought it because it did something a lot of other units didn't... allow multiple exchange accounts. Being one of the last iphone holdouts in my work environment makes it quite refreshing that this little phone does tons more than I expected it to in or out of a corporate environment.

The best part is the WebOS will go on to power bigger and better from this point forward. I would love to see this integrated into the car world. This would kill iDrive (which I really love).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2Ninjas View Post
    I do recognize you... I still have my Pro... Will be using it for a test phone...Working on ROMs and such... Easier to do that when I have something else to use as my everyday phone...Yeah... The Pro's battery is A THOUSAND times worse than the Pres... My hubby's phone last a lot longer than my Pro does on a day when I am not really using my phone.

So, I will still be over at ppcgeeks working with Pro stuff... but as you can see I am here also.

I check into PPC Geeks every day.

However, I'll probably wipe my phone clean, put the sprint rom back on and sell it there soon.

I'm still considering another Win Mo phone, but the TP2 isn't compelling enough of an upgrade, plus I'm somewhat dis-satisfied with the way MS has not bothered to really update the winmo OS for like, say, um, 7 years. Talk about stagnation...

I miss the BIGGER keyboard. I really miss resco photo viewer. REAL options to view and sort photos. I also am missing the capability of editing word and excel documents. I'd also like to see a pocket quicken version for the pre. OH and IM+. Unlike many other folks, I have friends and family on ICQ, MSN, Yahoo, GTalk, AIM, etc. Tho I hear more IM features are coming and the Mundu web IM is holding me over..... For now...

The homebrew folks and the OS tweaker folks here are pretty cool and jumped into it pretty quick.

Hehe, and Palm has already released several updates to their OS. That's several more than HTC ever bothered to do for the TP.......
  12.    #12  
    WinMo has definitely become stagnant... and I think that is why I get bored so easy with a phone... In the end, I am hoping WinMo would be more.... and it never is. LOL

Both my kids have WinMo phones (Touch and Touch pro) and I still have my Pro... So I am still goofing with it... But I am definitely excited about the possibilities of the Pre and WebOS...

I have had windows mobile since my hubby got me the Jornada. Back when I went, "WOW, a phone on this would be awesome..."
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I have watched the homebrew appz grow from 140 to fastly approaching 200 in a very short period of time. I am anticipating an MSN App for work purposes but I feel it is well worth the wait.

I found myself constantly waiting for the next OS in WinMo to bring me closer to what this phone does from inception. Now I simply wait for the next batch of brew and from my phone might I add.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compusmurf View Post
    I check into PPC Geeks every day.

However, I'll probably wipe my phone clean, put the sprint rom back on and sell it there soon.

I'm still considering another Win Mo phone, but the TP2 isn't compelling enough of an upgrade, plus I'm somewhat dis-satisfied with the way MS has not bothered to really update the winmo OS for like, say, um, 7 years. Talk about stagnation...

I miss the BIGGER keyboard. I really miss resco photo viewer. REAL options to view and sort photos. I also am missing the capability of editing word and excel documents. I'd also like to see a pocket quicken version for the pre. OH and IM+. Unlike many other folks, I have friends and family on ICQ, MSN, Yahoo, GTalk, AIM, etc. Tho I hear more IM features are coming and the Mundu web IM is holding me over..... For now...

The homebrew folks and the OS tweaker folks here are pretty cool and jumped into it pretty quick.

Hehe, and Palm has already released several updates to their OS. That's several more than HTC ever bothered to do for the TP.......
    Doc View is Palm's temp solution. I believe it was confirmed, or a credible source said, that Documents to Go is coming out for the pre (probably a pay app) but it will have full document editing. Not sure if it will support the new xml formating of office 2007 or not.

Edit: Confirmation from DataViz. http://www.dataviz.com/products/docu...bOS/index.html
    welcome, i had an HTC Touch Diamond, after using the Pre for a couple of days, you'll never look back to WinMo
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I had the touch and wanted to wait on the pre but I jumped the gun when the treo pro came out. I really liked the treo pro and had been with windows mobile since the 6700. My girl bought me a pre a few weeks ago as a surprise gift and a have been loving it ever since. The pre has so much potential but like many I miss a lot about winmo. I miss my document editor, audio book player, yahoo im, but most of all I miss not having a slider. (can't wait for eos). Don't get me wrong though I am very happy with this phone and don't regret it for a second. I am really looking forward to the future.

Edit: Forgot three other big ones that I miss from winmo. Voice command, flash player, and file browser. (although it does look like someone is working on a file browser.)
    Last edited by Devren; 09/04/2009 at 01:50 AM. Reason: add info