TMaps - DC
    Express Horoscopes
    wikiHow
    Dumbwaiter
    Zilch Lite
    Translator
    Tip em Calculator
    DIRECT TV NFL

Seems like every Thursday new apps. I love this! Keep them comin' Palm!
    Last edited by chad783; 09/03/2009 at 03:17 PM.
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
    I checked a few min ago and there were 3. you said 4. Now there are even more: wikiHow, Dumb Waiter and Zilch Lite!
    Make it 7 now. I also see Zilch Lite, Dumb Waiter, and Wiki How.
    BTW Uberpass looks like passify in the homebrew apps, and Photodialer looks like one of the homebrews. I wonder if these are the same homebrew apps submitted by their developers. If so things are starting to look good in Palm's app store.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Make that 12.
    Last edited by chad783; 09/03/2009 at 02:56 PM.
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
    PhotoDialer is nothing compared to Quick Contacts!!! don't even bother!
    Oh crap, 2 more apps. That's 9 total so far. Something's definitely shaking today. We may see be seeing an update tomorrow.

Edit: and another one looks like we're up to 10
    Wow MORE!! Translator, Globe and Mail, DirectTV NFL, Tip 'em.
    Looks like 11.

But they're definitely poaching some homebrews to pad this out. Still, it's progress.
    It has begun the oficial app catalog is being flooded with apps today there have been many added and they just keep coming. How many will there be?

So far:

-CoinFlip
    -Lemonade
    -UberPass
    -PhotoDialer
    -Zilch Lite
    -Dumb Waiter
    -wikiHow
    -Express Horoscopes
    -TMaps - DC
    -The Globe and Mail
    -Translator
    -Tip 'em!
    -DIRECTV NFL
    Last edited by alvin319; 09/03/2009 at 03:05 PM.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Looks like 11.

But they're definitely poaching some homebrews to pad this out. Still, it's progress.
    And DirecTV Mobile is there Also how do you know these aren't the homebrew developers themselves?
    And one of them seems to be an official Homebrew App.. translator! congrats!
    It's an APP ATTACK!
    This is great for the poeple who were complaining about not having enough apps out. I keep checking and they keep coming. Enjoy!
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Wooooo!
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    And DirecTV Mobile is there Also how do you know these aren't the homebrew developers themselves?
    That's what poaching means. I noticed some apps like Translator were withdrawn from the PreCentral app gallery. This was only a matter of time.

Still...it is good news.
    Looks like 11.

"Poaching some homebrews"?? Could have sworn that the process to get published to the Apps Catalog is to submit the app. So how is that poaching? I believe many of the Homebrew creators even stated that they were placing them there first to test.

Oh wait, I forgot. We're talking about Palm, with one of the founders of the "Palm Can Do No Right" group...
    ... The one thing I wish I had DirecTV for.

And I think what mikah is saying is that they're not really new apps to many of us, so while the balance is going from homebrew to App Catalog apps, it's not increasing the total number much yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    "Poaching some homebrews"?? Could have sworn that the process to get published to the Apps Catalog is to submit the app. So how is that poaching? I believe many of the Homebrew creators even stated that they were placing them there first to test.

Oh wait, I forgot. We're talking about Palm, with one of the founders of the "Palm Can Do No Right" group...
    This is what I thought. I just thought homebew was a way for the developers to get their stuff out early.
    Looks like 11.

How is it poaching? There will be many apps that are similiar, many copies. It's call capitalism. and many of the homebrew apps will finally be submitted.
    I know the Pre has rubbed you the wrong way but more apps = good news. period.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast