Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    It means what ever he wants it to. Duh.
    So when it was widely recently reported across the Internet and in print that Apple pursued "no poaching" deals with Google and Palm - despite it explicitly referring to leaving one firm to join the other of their own free will instead of "literally" being stolen from their place of employment - I guess all of those sites and publications just made up what the word meant too, right?

Just like when these homebrew app developers took their wares from the Gallery to the App Catalog of their own free will?

I'm comfortable standing with the editorial staff of The Wall Street Journal, Wired, and Reuters on one side while being mocked by "mrloserpunk" on the other.
    This thread's topic is that the "Official App Catalog Is being flooded."

Let's get back on that topic. There is plenty to talk about!

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    So when it was widely recently reported across the Internet and in print that Apple pursued "no poaching" deals with Google and Palm - despite it explicitly referring to leaving one firm to join the other of their own free will instead of "literally" being stolen from their place of employment - I guess all of those sites and publications just made up what the word meant too, right?

Just like when these homebrew app developers took their wares from the Gallery to the App Catalog of their own free will?

I'm comfortable standing with the editorial staff of The Wall Street Journal, Wired, and Reuters on one side while being mocked by "mrloserpunk" on the other.
    Oh my. That logic is hilarious. I wonder, is the WSJ standing with you?
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    YES! it will happen, i'll spare them the trouble

"you don't need an app, the full site works perfectly..."
    I don't use Facebook but most mobile apps should really be mobile versions of sites. There's no advantage to running natively for most of them.

A lot of web sites build an iPhone app just to get app store addicts to try the service.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    hparsons & mikah,

I wonder if you guys could take your issues you have with one another to PM. Your disputes have crossed into far too many threads.

Thanks,
    Berd
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    I don't use Facebook but most mobile apps should really be mobile versions of sites. There's no advantage to running natively for most of them.

A lot of web sites build an iPhone app just to get app store addicts to try the service.
    I have to disagree with you on this. There is a lot of functionality on FB that is not reflected in the mobile version of the web site. I think FB fans could do with a good app for it; however, I also believe it will come. The current Homebrew app looks promising, and I suspect we will see more.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    HI, where are you all looking. All I found were 12 apps total on palm pre site, can you please supply me with the correct link to the pre software site? thank you and take care, jay
    BTT
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    hparsons & mikah,

I wonder if you guys could take your issues you have with one another to PM. Your disputes have crossed into far too many threads.

Thanks,
    Berd
    No problem. Sorry to have bothered anyone. Even more sorry to have indulged him. Childish on my part.
    ok so this is my question there were 45 apps in the catalog before yesterdays release. So there were 11 apps released yesterday. Why doesn't it say that the are 56 apps in the catalog now.
    Originally posted by dkotoric1:
    ok so this is my question there were 45 apps in the catalog before yesterdays release. So there were 11 apps released yesterday. Why doesn't it say that the are 56 apps in the catalog now.
    Until I read your post, I never realized that one of the settings showed the total # of apps in the App Catalog.
    The Tip is is great. Dumb waitier is a great concept. Wiki How is great also, Good day for the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    The Tip is is great. Dumb waitier is a great concept. Wiki How is great also, Good day for the Pre.
    slow but steady progress for sure!
    ok so looking at it more looks like 13 apps were added yesterday which means there should be 58 apps in the catalog but I counted the catalog and there is only 50 which means that 8 previous apps have been removed. Does anyone know what apps have been removed from the catalog.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    ok so looking at it more looks like 13 apps were added yesterday which means there should be 58 apps in the catalog but I counted the catalog and there is only 50 which means that 8 previous apps have been removed. Does anyone know what apps have been removed from the catalog.
    I'm wondering that since they have a 50 app limit on the Pre right now that they don't want to look foolish for having more apps available than they let you install.

Like others have said, I think an update will be coming soon to finally get rid of this ridiculous limit.
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    BTW Uberpass looks like passify in the homebrew apps, and Photodialer looks like one of the homebrews. I wonder if these are the same homebrew apps submitted by their developers. If so things are starting to look good in Palm's app store.
    To answer your question, no I did not submit Passify as Uberpass to the App Catalog. I was surprised to see how similar our two applications look.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Good News = more apps

Bad New$ = more corporate funding

Getting Closer to 1up apple = Priceless
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post

There are quite a few advantages to a native facebook app, alerts for example. I agree that mobile sites are often sufficient though (the Netfix site is pretty good for example).
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    There are quite a few advantages to a native facebook app, alerts for example. I agree that mobile sites are often sufficient though (the Netfix site is pretty good for example).
    I get email notifications any time anything important happens on facebook
    Facebook alerts would take you right to the Facebook app though. Email alerts force you to go through an extra step. The key is to seamlessly integrate the FB experience into a phone that, and let's be honest, Palm pretty much implied had a seamless FB experience
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstinkfish View Post
    Facebook alerts would take you right to the Facebook app though. Email alerts force you to go through an extra step. The key is to seamlessly integrate the FB experience into a phone that, and let's be honest, Palm pretty much implied had a seamless FB experience
    I would love facebook alerts to go straight to the phone. Then I would not have to worry about having 1000 email messages on my email account.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast