Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zachz View Post
    now, someone dummy is going to come in here and give me 4 reasons why we don't need an app b/c the pre can handle the real website
    YES! it will happen, i'll spare them the trouble

"you don't need an app, the full site works perfectly..."
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Up to 50 apps now...but I cant install any..

I dont use PreWare as I cant get WebOS Quick Install to work etc so stuck with FileCoaster at the moment, and cnat delete NFL, or NASCAR...bummer
    NFL and Nascar apps do not reside in App memory from what I can tell. They don't affect installing apps.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post

thanks, rather hear it from you then someone who believes it...
    Last I checked there was 45 apps (yesterday)...they added 13 today (new apps too mind you)

....and it says 50 total...hmmm

Think some got deleted or their numbering is off?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    ... The one thing I wish I had DirecTV for.

And I think what mikah is saying is that they're not really new apps to many of us, so while the balance is going from homebrew to App Catalog apps, it's not increasing the total number much yet.
    THANK YOU. Jeez, people are sensitive around these parts. Poaching is not a negative word. Palm poached Jon Rubinstein from Apple. My point is that not all of the new apps are new apps.

Again, not a bad thing. Just an observation. I said in every post in this thread that it's progress and a good thing. That's not enough, it seems.
    now, someone dummy is going to come in here and give me 4 reasons why we don't need an app b/c the pre can handle the real website
    It could happen. But then, there's probably several that will just roll their eyes and say "another one of those posts...."
    Sucks, I can't add any more apps because I'm out of space. I've re-installed all my apps through prepackage and i'm still getting the error? I thought prepackag avoided the "Not Enough Space" error? Any Help?
    Haha but they do. Of course like you said you have to pinch your way through the site. What I think is important about this update is that most of the developers are new developers not the original ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Last I checked there was 45 apps (yesterday)...they added 13 today (new apps too mind you)

....and it says 50 total...hmmm

Think some got deleted or their numbering is off?!?
    Yes because the Pre's App catalog limit is only 50 App's. In beta and also when it is out of beta. LOL

Just kidding just need to get the out of memory error fixed already.
    Quote Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
    Sucks, I can't add any more apps because I'm out of space. I've re-installed all my apps through prepackage and i'm still getting the error? I thought prepackag avoided the "Not Enough Space" error? Any Help?
    not for the App catalog that I am aware of. Need to wait for a update to get if fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    THANK YOU. Jeez, people are sensitive around these parts. Poaching is not a negative word. Palm poached Jon Rubinstein from Apple. My point is that not all of the new apps are new apps.

Again, not a bad thing. Just an observation. I said in every post in this thread that it's progress and a good thing. That's not enough, it seems.
    poach1  [pohch]
    7. to steal (game or fish) from another's property.

This is what you're saying when you say Poach. This is what you assumed you meant when you used that word. So you're accusing palm or the develoeprs of stealing another's property. That's why we jumped on you. Had you said "oh but these were available in homebrew already" and left out the word Poach the only point most people would have made including me is that "Yes they were, but this means there is new progress in that new Developers were allowed into the official app catalog.
    sick of these lame apps.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post

Of course it works perfectly. Rotate Pre to landscape, pinch, pinch, swipe, swipe...oh there's where I comment. Rotate back to portrait to type, oh damn I can't see the little font now...pinch. pinch. type type type, damn my comment is off the screen. swipe. swipe. now pinch out to click Comment. wheww that's fun. hmmm thats done, lets scroll down the page. swipe. swipe. hey whats the bottom status bar doing in the middle of the page? hmm thats weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
    webOS Quick Install or Preware can install beyond the limit but the Palm App Catalog can't.

Here is what to do:
    1. Uninstall a bunch of Homebrews to make enough room.
    2. Install the Palm Apps.
    3. Reinstall the Homebrews with webOS Quick Install or Preware.

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    webOS Quick Install or Preware can install beyond the limit but the Palm App Catalog can't.

Here is what to do:

- Craig
    Another thing everyone should look into is if when you did updates sometimes (at least in my experience) the pre does not get rid of the earlier version. Last night I was using the webOS Quick Install in the device management screen and came across this with about 4 homebrew apps. This should also free up some space.

Here is what to do:

- Craig
    A helpful post! What a concept...
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    THANK YOU. Jeez, people are sensitive around these parts. Poaching is not a negative word...
    Poaching is a very negative word. It is a crime but in some places if the people you stole from catch you, the least of your worries is them calling the sheriff.

Some of these apps never were in the Homebrew Gallery so how can you claim they were poached?

For the Homebrew ones, I know for a fact that Homebrew developers were working with Palm to put these in the catalog. Palm did not poach these apps nor did the developers. This is there own work we have been testing.

Homebrew is a place for developers to test their apps before they release them into the Palm App Catalog.

I think that you have falsely accused these developers who have worked very hard.

I finally had to look up Mikah 9:12 to see what you are referencing with your screen name:

"...I will bring them together like sheep..."

I have never been called that before.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/03/2009 at 09:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by short_round View Post
    sick of these lame apps.
    I am confused.

Photodialer - has been begged for by many since the launch
    The Globe and Mail - you may not read the newspapers but others do
    wikiHow - has 50,000 how-tos including first aid stored on your phone in case you can't get reception
    Translator - is an amazing 45 language translator - it hooks into your messaging too
    DIRECT TV NFL - To a couple million subscribers Sunday Ticket is a huge deal

Did you try these apps before you called them "lame"?

- Craig
    I am confused.

The Globe and Mail - you may not read the newspapers but others do
    DIRECT TV NFL - To a couple million subscribers Sunday Ticket is a huge deal
    I agree that most of the apps aren't lame, but they're right about the newspaper applications. We need a solid complete RSS reader from Palm (how about they finish their own sample app) instead of 20 different separate newspaper applications.

And the DirecTV app prices itself out of contention, since you have to be a DirecTV subscriber and a Sunday Ticket subscriber and a Superfan subscriber. I'd love a similar application if the NFL allowed streaming video to anyone willing to pay for it, something like $50 a season similar to MLB.tv and I'd do that in an instant. But the number of DirecTV/Sunday Ticket/Superfan subscribers who also own a Pre seems to me like it'd be pretty small.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast