Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Is it best to use WebOSdoctor or Reset options under Device Info to put my phone back to original before returning?

Sprint is really pissing me up, and retentions didn't seem to care that I was cancelling lines (because they told me I could have 6pm N/W and Fav 5 added to my "new" plan if I upgraded)

Of course there is no record of them every saying that and 47 minutes online with them resolved nothing
    Last edited by FlameOut; 09/03/2009 at 03:34 PM.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I just called Sprint and got the MSL for my Pre. Would that be the best way to reset it? Going to ##786# and reset?
    Doing a reset yourself will only duplicate what Sprint does with your phone. It really isn't neccessary unless you are paranoid. If you want to reset your phone, just go to Device Info and do a Reset from there.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh....don't tell anyone I said this, but go to the Sprint store and tell the first person you see "The rooster crows at midnight". They'll know what to do.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Ok thanks. I may not have to now. I called the Sprint consumerist hotline and I think they are going to take car of the problems I had with the other "reps"
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Doing a reset yourself will only duplicate what Sprint does with your phone. It really isn't neccessary unless you are paranoid. If you want to reset your phone, just go to Device Info and do a Reset from there.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh....don't tell anyone I said this, but go to the Sprint store and tell the first person you see "The rooster crows at midnight". They'll know what to do.
    I have to return my original Pre because they sent me a new one. How to I wipe it clean if I can't use the touchscreen?
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by THAANSA3 View Post
    I have to return my original Pre because they sent me a new one. How to I wipe it clean if I can't use the touchscreen?
    After you plug it into the computer with USB, then on the Pre keyboard hit the orange/white option key + "Sym" key + "U" key at the same time. This will put it into USB mode so you can view and delete the files you have in the Pre on your computer.
    Palm Pre on Sprint. WebOS 1.4.5
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)
    Quote Originally Posted by Solen View Post
    After you plug it into the computer with USB, then on the Pre keyboard hit the orange/white option key + "Sym" key + "U" key at the same time. This will put it into USB mode so you can view and delete the files you have in the Pre on your computer.
    Many thanks. I've been trying to get it in USB mode but didn't know how to do it without a functioning screen.

EDIT: Once again I say thanks. I was able to restore my phone to its factory setting and am ready to send it back. I got the new phone activated and my profile is recovering everything as I type this message. GREAT!
    Last edited by THAANSA3; 11/09/2010 at 02:22 PM.