Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. RMB175's Avatar
    Posts
    418 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
       #1  
    I think this started this morning or sometime yesterday.

    I have set my Pre to "roam only" option, since I get crappy signal at home.
    I stopped getting any incoming calls.
    I tried calling from my home phone, it either goes directly to voicemail or I get disconnected tone after one ring. However Pre doesn't ring.

    I changed the network to "automatic" and I started getting the incoming calls.

    Tried changing back to "Roam only" and the same problem.

    anyone else facing this? Any solutions?
  2. #2  
    Mine does the same thing in Roam. I can call out on my Pre but if anyone is trying to call me it goes straight to voicemail. I called sprint and they like usually don't know what the issue is and cant help me.
  3. RMB175's Avatar
    Posts
    418 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by fire550 View Post
    Mine does the same thing in Roam. I can call out on my Pre but if anyone is trying to call me it goes straight to voicemail. I called sprint and they like usually don't know what the issue is and cant help me.
    yes exactly...I can make outgoing calls even on "roam only" option but no incoming calls.
  4. #4  
    is your data roaming enabled?

    if you are pulling/pushing data with 1X you will NOT recieve voice calls.
  5. #5  
    does anyones dat still work?
    I have data enabled in the roam only hack and have always been able to use wifi, data while in roam only.
    NOT TODAY!!!
    I cannot check, send email, do weather, or browse the web.
    I still get calls and still get text messages though.
    Any ideas?
    this sucks
  6. RMB175's Avatar
    Posts
    418 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    is your data roaming enabled?

    if you are pulling/pushing data with 1X you will NOT recieve voice calls.
    yes, data roaming is enabled.
    The same setup was working fine till yesterday
  7. #7  
    go ahead and disable data roaming, see if it works
  8. RMB175's Avatar
    Posts
    418 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    go ahead and disable data roaming, see if it works
    Doesn't work. Same issue.
  9. #9  
    still no luck!!
    I know my internet was working the am. I was on checking the weather.

    Now nothing. I can't send emails, or browse the web. I have not downloaded any apps for a few days. This is a totally random problem

    Funny how this starated this am as above posters are reporting with their problems and the roam only hack.
  10. RMB175's Avatar
    Posts
    418 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by huskrfj View Post
    still no luck!!
    I know my internet was working the am. I was on checking the weather.

    Now nothing. I can't send emails, or browse the web. I have not downloaded any apps for a few days. This is a totally random problem

    Funny how this starated this am as above posters are reporting with their problems and the roam only hack.
    My issue is slightly different.

    I can access web, weather while in "roam only" mode.
    Its only the incoming calls that I am having problem with.
  11. #11  
    Dumb question: but have you guys try restarting the phone?

    (just a reminder)
  12. RMB175's Avatar
    Posts
    418 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
       #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    Dumb question: but have you guys try restarting the phone?

    (just a reminder)
    yupp....multiple times
  13. reidme's Avatar
    Posts
    372 Posts
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    #13  
    Where is the "roam only" option? My Pre only lists "automatic" and "Sprint only" options.
  14. RMB175's Avatar
    Posts
    418 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
       #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    Where is the "roam only" option? My Pre only lists "automatic" and "Sprint only" options.
    Its a hack. Details on wiki
  15. reidme's Avatar
    Posts
    372 Posts
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    #15  
    Thanks!
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    Where is the "roam only" option? My Pre only lists "automatic" and "Sprint only" options.
    oops wrong quote!!!

    Yeah, I forgot to mention that. I have soft reset the phone numerous times. Even took the battery out hoping that would fix it.

    So wierd, it worked like normal earlier today and now absolutely nothing todo with the internet works. I think my cloud has fallen!
  17. #17  
    back up and running! That was scary. I hope not an omen for the future, but things appear to be working again. After yet another reset, everything seems to be fine again.
    Still not sure about why it wasn't working all of the suddden.
  18. RMB175's Avatar
    Posts
    418 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
       #18  
    Mine is working as well now.

    I didn't even reset. It just started working now.

    I had called tech support, they told me sprint towers had some kind of outage in my area. This might have caused it.
  19. jpohl's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #19  
    I saw the post and got curious myself. I do not use roam only too often since I have a good signal where I am at. Put it on for traveling.

    Here is what I found:

    Turn on Roam Only with data enabled, and no incoming call.

    Turn Roam only on, and disable data, incoming calls work fine

    Put it back to Automatic with Data Enabled (call the phone before it switches back to Sprint) and I receive incoming calls.

    Put it back into Roam Only, data enabled, make an outgoing call, then I receive calls with data still on in roaming only. (most of the time, called from land line about 10 times, and 2 went into VM)

    My solution will be to just call my office land line when putting it roam only with data. That seems to make it work

Posting Permissions