Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This has happened a few times without any explanation, and it seems to return without any explanation either. Yes, I have checked my mute switch and system sounds volume. Also, my notification sound got very quiet yesterday and when I checked the volume it was down very low, even thought I haven't touched it in probably months.

FWIW, I have loaded a number of homebrew apps recently, but don't notice any other problems or unusual behavior.

Any other experience this? have any solutions?

Thx!
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    LOL, same here.. it comes and goes with no discernible pattern that I have figured out yet!
    same thing happens to me!
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    See my post in the System Sounds thread.
    I haven't tested it, but I lost the swoosh sound after I lowered the volume when dialing a phone number with the wired headset in place. I reversed the steps and the swoosh sound returned.

Could something like that be happening with you guys?
    The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.

Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    This has happened a few times without any explanation, and it seems to return without any explanation either. Yes, I have checked my mute switch and system sounds volume. Also, my notification sound got very quiet yesterday and when I checked the volume it was down very low, even thought I haven't touched it in probably months.

FWIW, I have loaded a number of homebrew apps recently, but don't notice any other problems or unusual behavior.

Any other experience this? have any solutions?

Thx!
    ME
    a reset always works for me....(as agonizing as it is )
    Same issues since launch.
  7.    #7  
    Well, I just tried a reset and the sound is back. BUT...it is very soft, even when I turn my system volume all the up, AND...just FYI,my system volume had been lowered after the reset.

Could this have anything to do with running My Notification app (even thought I have not changed any settings) or another homebrew?
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Nope. it's been like that even without any homebrew installed.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Watch out when you loose the swoosh sound. When this happens, your alarm will go off but have no sound. Resetting usually cures.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    mine will not ring when on Touch stone or notify when i get a text or email. I just happens sometimes, my phone is stock. No rooting or homebrew
    It's a bug that I saw after 1.1.0. A hard reset usually solves it. Since 1.1.0 lowered the volume of the swoosh, a hard reset will bring it back to 1.0.4 volume level. If you want to lower the volume back to 1.1.0 level, do a soft reset (orange + sym +r) and this will again lower the volume of the swoosh. I like it more at the 1.0.4 volume level.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    ive noticed this too on my pre and use my alarm every day its like the main function i use on y pre should i be worried????

I remember i went 2 hours late to work because of this problem on the first pre i had, on this second Pre i've only noticed the swoosh sound go away every once in a while and one time that i was awake before my alarm i didnt hear it go off but i thought it was two separate things the alarm and the swoosh sound....
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    just lost mine
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Oh wow, I have been having this issue the whole time I've had the phone! Is this considered a defect?
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    I truthfully don't really care for the sound, but the loss of functionality makes me think there may be something else wrong.
    Not knowing any better it appears that each individual screen has it's own memory for sound. I forwarded my work phone to my Pre today so that I'd only need to carry one. I usually keep the volume on my ringer low so I went into the sounds app and was going to increase the volume of the ringer. I noticed that it was already maxed out but when I'd test the ringer volume, it wasn't very loud at all. On a lark I pressed the volume up button and saw that the volume was only at about 4 bars. I maxed it out and the ringer was once again fairly loud. I went to the phone to make a call and set it on speaker phone. It too wasn't very loud so I pressed the volume up button and saw that the volume was at about 5 bars. Scrolling through several apps I noticed that the volume settings were different for each one.
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
    That's pretty cool troubleshooting you did there... very interesting if other people can verify that each card or screen holds it own volume setting. Don't know if that was mentioned anywhere else and dunno if that's a good feature... I guess if running a music app on one card it's nice to custom set volume level from other apps.

Quote Originally Posted by trodecke View Post
    Not knowing any better it appears that each individual screen has it's own memory for sound. I forwarded my work phone to my Pre today so that I'd only need to carry one. I usually keep the volume on my ringer low so I went into the sounds app and was going to increase the volume of the ringer. I noticed that it was already maxed out but when I'd test the ringer volume, it wasn't very loud at all. On a lark I pressed the volume up button and saw that the volume was only at about 4 bars. I maxed it out and the ringer was once again fairly loud. I went to the phone to make a call and set it on speaker phone. It too wasn't very loud so I pressed the volume up button and saw that the volume was at about 5 bars. Scrolling through several apps I noticed that the volume settings were different for each one.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Gee thanks. Hadn't noticed the sound was gone until I saw this thread.

Now it's bothering me. Poo.
    You loose the "swoosh" sound when you restart your phone with the systems sound volume turned down..........You gain the swoosh sound back when you turn your system sound volume all the way up, and restart your phone. Simple as that!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabigappledadon View Post
    You loose the "swoosh" sound when you restart your phone with the systems sound volume turned down..........You gain the swoosh sound back when you turn your system sound volume all the way up, and restart your phone. Simple as that!!

That's dumb. So if you have your volume at 3 and your reboot your phone, the swish will always stay at three until you reboot with new volume change? And it takes like 2 days to have to wait for the reboot! LOL

I would think swoosh volume should change with master volume change on the fly or at least in settings have a place to set a fixed volume for it. Not a big deal but just dumb.

I tested volume on a friends Pre from one card to another and they didnt keep individual settings like trodeke mentioned... so sounds more like a bug than on purpose.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast