Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 65
  1. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #41  
    I Pre crashed I think two or three times, ever. And a couple of those I'm sure I was doing something risky.
  2.    #42  
    Yesterday: Pre frozen when I picked it up from the Touchstone. Felt hot and center button lit up. A reminder and sms notifificans showing. Had to pull out the battery.

    Today: just casual surfing, clicked on a link, screen fades to black and a restart.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    I do it daily. If you did, you'd see it too.
    I don't doubt that yours is crashing as much as you say it is. What everyone is saying is that your situation is abnormal. We are unable to reproduce the problems you are having. Therefore, the problem must be your phone.
  4. #44  
    Put me on the list of very few "crashes". I've had mine since 6/6 and not even sure I've had a crash except for a self induced reset early on when I had an issue with memory and the "cards". My 650 use to crash at least once or twice a week....was very annoying though I got use to it. I had a friend whose Pre crashed (I assume by crash we mean turns off and restarts?) several times a week....he returned it a couple of weeks ago and hadn't had a problem since. Maybe you should get another????
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I don't doubt that yours is crashing as much as you say it is. What everyone is saying is that your situation is abnormal. We are unable to reproduce the problems you are having. Therefore, the problem must be your phone.
    He said he would rather have it crash each day then to risk an exchange. While I don't understand his position, to each his own. However, these "crashes" are NOT TYPICAL. If this was happening to me, I'd go get a new one.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    He said he would rather have it crash each day then to risk an exchange. While I don't understand his position, to each his own. However, these "crashes" are NOT TYPICAL. If this was happening to me, I'd go get a new one.
    I get the message.

    I'm on my 5th Pre and loath trying another one unless it's clearly a hardware issue.

    And how am I going to prove it's a hardware problem? Palm is going to drag me through tech support hell first.

    But here's what, I'm going to start with swapping the Seidio 1350 battery with the stock one. Some of those crashes with the screen fading to black look suspiciously like a power issue.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
  7. #47  
    That might be an idea. Especially if screen is powering down.
  8. kerrypars's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #48  
    I haven't had a crash and I've rooted my pre and have several homebrew apps installed.
  9.    #49  
    Hmm. Put in the stock battery and let it charge on the Touchstone. Picked it up, screen fades to black and restart.

    So I'm thinking my battery port. It used to be fine, but maybe the springs that hold it in place weakened over time. Looks like I need to talk to Palm.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
  10.    #50  
    Tech support first circle of hell passed. Partial erase.

    I'm told if the problem persists, a hardware problem will be handled by either sending it for repair at Palm, 7-8 business days without a phone, or paying a service fee of $30 for a refurbished replacement. The latter looks the obvious choice though still, it should be free. But lets see.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
  11. #51  
    I have a touchstone and I can say I use my pre a lot. different apps maybe 4 to 5 at once it kind of slows down even feels rugish but never crashes. damn I love my PRE
  12.    #52  
    Alright, picked up my 6th Pre today.

    And guess what? I was charging it on the Touchstone in my car, and when I picked it up, it was stuck in Touchstone mode and I had to reset it.

    You guys are full of it
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
  13. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #53  
    Sivan, are you a gimmick account?
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Sivan, are you a gimmick account?
    What?
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
  15. #55  
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Yeah yeah. My Centro was great and my G1 never had a single problem.

    Enjoy your famous day 1 Pre. One day it will be worth a lot.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
  17. #57  
    ***?!!! Still?! Dude, how much did you buy your Pre for? I'll take it off your hands just so we can close this thread! How about it? :-)
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  18. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #58  
    I've reread the thread and have come to the following conclusion:

    Sivan:

    Either the existence of this thread is some attempt at gimmicky humor (2 out of 10 stars), or you've found yourself at the receiving end of a very cruel (and hilarious!) joke by Palm and Sprint.

    Either way, I think it's time to cut your losses.
  19. #59  
    How does one go about replacing a Pre? I got mine from a sprint store about a week ago and Im getting some crashes while using My Tether. Also gives me the" too many cards open not enough memory" problem when I dont even have a card open.
  20. #60  
    Um compared to my Treo 755p....this phone is rock solid. One unexpected crash.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions