1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if it's possible to lock the screen while on a phone call? My earring selects contacts etc while on a phone call. Thanks!
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Do you not have a pulse? My phone turns the screen off when I hold it next to my face.
    Quote Originally Posted by kavelar View Post
    Does anyone know if it's possible to lock the screen while on a phone call? My earring selects contacts etc while on a phone call. Thanks!
    I thought that only happened when you had it on speaker phone......although why you would have it so close to your ear on speaker phone is beyond me?

Or is it possible that your earing is so thick that it doesn't allow the sensor to detect that it is close to your face?
    I'm a guy with a pulse and no earrings. This has happened to me a few times, actually. Proximity sensor works most of the time, but not all of the time.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I have the same problem. If you move the pre to your ear quicker than the proximity sensor can detect it, up pops the contact card. I've gone so far as to 'shrink' the dialer back into card view on calls. That at least prevents unwanted contact pop up. Plus a quick flick up ends the call.
    Another pulse/no earring user here. I've been following someone else's advice to turn off the screen before putting the phone to my ear. When you pull the phone away, the screen will come back on, so turn it off again if placing back against your face.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamboaz View Post
    I've gone so far as to 'shrink' the dialer back into card view on calls. That at least prevents unwanted contact pop up. Plus a quick flick up ends the call.
    Hmmm, that's interesting -- I'll give that a try.

Regards,
    Tom