Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm disappointed with Molly. First, she wanted the NuviPhone (hello, phone and Navi in one device), then she thought it was outrageous that the iPhone didnt have navi. Then she said she would consider the Palm Pre, but obviously didnt play with it enough when she had a review unit. Then she exclaimed that she wants to end convergence devices. And now she short-sightedly claims that phones make horrible Navi devices because you cannot call and have Navi running simultaneously.

Well, we all know that the Pre's implementation is pretty darn good! If only she wouldve taken her time exploring things instead of changing her mind soo much, she wouldve seen that the Pre and other phones today have better Navi abilities!

As for her recent kick against convergence devices, how many reasons do you want to give a burgular to break into your car? And how many wires do you want to keep track of? And how do you intergrate a PND, Phone, and PMD into your car stereo simultaneously without going crazy when your phone rings...?

Molly, youre a great gal but unfortunately, youve lost the true sight of how technology is supposed to advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Hey, what mount is that? California won't allow us to center windshield mount so we use the vent on the other car. But on her Pilot then the vent is so thick that nothing mounts on it so your solution looks perfect.

Anyway, I sold my Garmin after a few weeks with the Pre. I just didn't need it anymore and I ended up getting more for it than i paid for my Pre.
    It's a Touchstone that is double-side-taped to what used to be a coin holder.
    From what I'm reading, GPS navigation on your Pre is free in the US??

If we want it here in Canada we have to pay $10.00 a month for it. In my earlier post I stated that I only paid $150.00 for lifetime maps of NA and Europe.

So to pay $10.00 a month to be able to use GPS on my Pre here just doesn't make sense.

Any other Canucks have a comment on that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Smart View Post
    From what I'm reading, GPS navigation on your Pre is free in the US??
    Yes, it's included on all plans for the Pre
    If we want it here in Canada we have to pay $10.00 a month for it.
    That sux0rz
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Well, we all know that the Pre's implementation is pretty darn good! If only she wouldve taken her time exploring things instead of changing her mind soo much, she wouldve seen that the Pre and other phones today have better Navi abilities!
    IMO, Palm would do themselves a lot of good getting a Touchstone solution for the car on the market. I ended up having a perfect spot to mount it in my truck, and I've seen some creative solutions on the TS/Car thread in another part of this forum, but I was looking around in my wife's Lexus the other day and I have no idea where I would mount one. Don't really need it there since she's got Bluetooth and factory nav, but they should really do a kit for those who don't.
  6.    #26  
    Has something changed in California since last summer? I had heard all this buzz about PND's not being window mountable due to some new law before going there on vacation last year. I was actually shopping for some sort of dash mount so I could use my NUVI while driving around San Diego. But, in doing my research, I found several articles that indicated that mouting a GPS on your window was not a problem. I had mine on the front windshield where ever I drove and never got any kind of hassle about it.

As for back to the Pre for Navigation - honestly, I've gotten to prefer it to my old NUVI. Once I get going, I don't really touch it, so I don't see that as so big an issue. Honestly, whether I was using the NUVI or the Pre, I'd pull over if I had to do some serious data entry. I'm going on a trip for the Labor Day weekend - the Pre is going to be my navigator this weekend, the NUVI is staying home.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12