Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Is there an alternative or manual way to install a patch from command line WITHOUT WGET (I am trying to turn both the battery into percentage and the signal bars to bright pink).

I flashed the phone to crickets network and I do not have internet service available on the phone. (Did not want) So the wget command I am assuming will not work in the discussed methods on this forum.

I have internet service on my laptop that I am using to root and already have a bunch of homebrews installed.

I have the root@castle:/# so far on the command line but I can't go further because I do not have net access on my phone...

Rooting is new to me soooo....

Is there a "rooting for dummies" format of how to do all of this manually?

Also, how to change the colors in detail would be very nice too.
    Thank you in advance.
    Tamara
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamryn View Post
    Is there an alternative or manual way to install a patch from command line WITHOUT WGET (I am trying to turn both the battery into percentage and the signal bars to bright pink).

I flashed the phone to crickets network and I do not have internet service available on the phone. (Did not want) So the wget command I am assuming will not work in the discussed methods on this forum.

I have internet service on my laptop that I am using to root and already have a bunch of homebrews installed.

I have the root@castle:/# so far on the command line but I can't go further because I do not have net access on my phone...

Rooting is new to me soooo....

Is there a "rooting for dummies" format of how to do all of this manually?

Also, how to change the colors in detail would be very nice too.
    Thank you in advance.
    Tamara
    WebOsQuickinstall for the batt %, drop all of the .png files you want to change in the root of the pres usb drive then cp from media/internal to location.

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    WebOsQuickinstall for the batt %, drop all of the .png files you want to change in the root of the pres usb drive then cp from media/internal to location.

Main Page - WebOS Internals

I just downloaded that webosquickinstall a couple days ago (thats how I got all my homebrews installed that I mentioned in first post) and there is no option for %battery in the tweeks. Already been there. as far as the other stuff you wrote, it's all chinese to me without details...
    (remember, not everyone is fluent with this stuff, the more detailed you make the instructions the better for everyone who reads this thread... remember I mentioned earlier.. "rooting for dummies format")

Anyone else have input?

Thank you...
    Last edited by Tamryn; 09/02/2009 at 08:12 PM.
    i hear ya...i am a geek but this is still over my head right now. I can't figure out how to root my pre.

i got as far as seeing the directory in terminal but I just don't really understand the basics of linux. I will have to spend a day and just try and mess around with it but i really haven't had the time yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamryn View Post
    I just downloaded that webosquickinstall a couple days ago (thats how I got all my homebrews installed that I mentioned in first post) and there is no option for %battery in the tweeks. Already been there. as far as the other stuff you wrote, it's all chinese to me without details...

Anyone else have input?

Thank you...
    Maybe you should not be trying to do these mods yourself, Obviously you dont read or see very well:

I dont mind helping people out but nobody here is going to do it for you and I gave you all the details there are.

let me post this one more time.
    READ THIS:
    Main Page - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Maybe you should not be trying to do these mods yourself, Obviously you dont read or see very well:

[IMG]

I dont mind helping people out but nobody here is going to do it for you and I gave you all the details there are.

let me post this one more time.
    READ THIS:
    [url= Page - WebOS Internals[/url]
    No I think I read very well and it is you in fact that did not read the previous posts.. If you note above I once stated and once inferred that I downloaded this app a couple of days ago and it had none of the features that are shown in the above screenshot. I downloaded V2 and I suppose it is mislabeled but to accuse me of being complacent or not diligent in my reading is assumptive and presumptious. If you are going to attempt to denigrate me be sure to read everything before doing so...........

I will reitterate that I did in fact download what was presumidibly the latest version.. I will retry when I get home...
    No No No Really Please theres no thanks necessary.

Then you go back and edit your post to make it look like you were being nice when you were being an ***. I gave you the link to EVERYTHING PRE!

Let me google that for you

You did not read! If you had you would not be having the problems that you are.

You should not be coming on here slamming the people that are trying to help you.
    The WebOsQuickinstall is not mislabeled you didnt do your due diligence. You need to read the links I gave You. Nobody on here is going to do it for you. Its your phone so its your responsibility to gather all the info before you f%$%^ up your phone.

Look at my past posts and how many thanks I have, You come in here and immediately tell me I didnt explain it well enough for you, Well I hope for your sake somebody on here takes pitty on you and decides to help because I'm done.
    Last edited by 2sslow; 09/02/2009 at 10:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    No No No Really Please theres no thanks necessary.

Then you go back and edit your post to make it look like you were being nice when you were being an ***. I gave you the link to EVERYTHING PRE!

Let me google that for you

You did not read! If you had you would not be having the problems that you are.

You should not be coming on here slamming the people that are trying to help you.
    The WebOsQuickinstall is not mislabeled you didnt do your due diligence. You need to read the links I gave You. Nobody on here is going to do it for you. Its your phone so its your responsibility to gather all the info before you f%$%^ up your phone.

Look at my past posts and how many thanks I have, You come in here and immediately tell me I didnt explain it well enough for you, Well I hope for your sake somebody on here takes pitty on you and decides to help because I'm done.

I am soooo sorry for you hun, I edited for a typo nothing else and you AGAIN ASSUMED wrongly. You are the one that started the irreverent sarcasm first and thus so you were the @ss first. I simply asked a simple question that I was specific and clear.
    Firstly, YOU did not read, then you replied with an impuberal supposition that I could not read, thus making you an @ss first. I am not for want of the adolescent, vernal bickering that you so now partake.

I expected more than this but I suppose this is to be expected in a forum frequented by teenage boys (or those with the mindset thereof)

Please erase your posts and I will await a post from someone who posses social maturity along with expertise.

I will not validate another post emanating from you by responding to you further.

Thanks but no thanks.
    2sslow is my hero
    Tamara:

1) If I knew how to help you with this, I would. I don't. I'm sorry.

2) Your avatar is hot.

That is all.
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    Hey Tamryn....this might help you out:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...0-preware.html